Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 166 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 166 of 365 FirstFirst ... 156 165 166 167 176 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    California: Next 2 million people to get vaccinated get a 50$ gift card. Not retroactive.

How does that not make people consider holding off to get prizes or see if something better comes along.

I'm saying it everyone's there been vaccinated gets a lotto ticket that's fine. But if they pull some shit of 'anyone that gets a shot in June here a entry' then it'll cause issues
    I guess we will see if they try to incentivize new vaccinations, or make a lotto. I assumed lotto meant lotto, but I could be wrong.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

63% as of this afternoon.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    63% as of this afternoon.
    Yep.

Great news.

Almost even better is active cases have dropped, and I mean fast. Down to 8000 province wide from 25k. We definitely stopped the spike, funny what immunity passed 40% will do.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Yep.

Great news.

Almost even better is active cases have dropped, and I mean fast. Down to 8000 province wide from 25k. We definitely stopped the spike, funny what immunity passed 40% will do.
    Decent daily drops in hospitalizations as well, but ICU numbers seem to be slow. Maybe these are long haulers and numbers will plummet once they meet one of the two outcomes, which has to be soon?
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-30-2021 at 05:03 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Decent daily drops in hospitalizations as well, but ICU numbers seem to be slow. Maybe these are long haulers and numbers will plummet once they meet one of the two outcomes, which has to be soon?
    I think I read something about how the way Alberta reports the ICU numbers makes the numbers really hard to move down. If I recall, if someone goes to ICU because of covid, that stat stays until they are gone, even after a negative test
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

ICUs down 188-138 in about a week. That’s pretty quick.

138 is high, but only AHS knows if that’s truly high - know what I mean? If staffing gets a little break for the next two weeks I bet it won’t be an issue anymore.

We’re doing well, 138 should never be a issue for a population of 4.5 million. It just can’t!!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Frankie says there's a storm coming.
    Frankie says RELAX.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Anyone else get AZ as their first dose? I got mine over 5 weeks ago. Second shot AZ scheduled for 2nd week August but who knows if that's what I'll get or I can get a Pfizer/Moderna as the 2nd.
    Me and Mrs. Penguin got AZ in mid-March. A friend of hers called her recently and said she booked her second. Mrs. Penguin called 811, they said, no, unless you're immune-compromised.
    She called her friend back. Her friend had gone and got her second shot, told the nurse of Mrs. P's call, nurse said, wow, why would they say that?
    Mrs. P called a few more times, nope. Mrs. P's friend called again, they were ready to book her.
    Weird shit.
    Another friend lied about being immune-compromised and got 2nd AZ shot. Said no one was at the 2 AZ tables even though the line for the others was long, so she didn't feel guilty.

P.S.

I was going to post this in a thread I thought I saw about "do you regret getting AZ" but I can't find it now.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Misinformation is RAMPANT among those who should know better, so can you imagine how bad the info the average person gets is?

I may have been told after getting my second shot ( le gaspé ) that I had to make sure to wait the full 14 days before I become exempt from health guidelines for being fully vaccinated hahaha.

Oops
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

In a week or two the whole second shot issue will go away as it opens up officially.

We are tracking for a 3 million week so numbers will look really good by the end of the week

My Ride
    Axis powers

I keep getting notified I can come in for my Covid vaccine from the waitlists that I signed up for months ago, kinda pathetic that I got it weeks ago from AHS and now they’re only opening it up at pharmacies
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    I keep getting notified I can come in for my Covid vaccine from the waitlists that I signed up for months ago, kinda pathetic that I got it weeks ago from AHS and now they’re only opening it up at pharmacies
    It’s been opened up at pharmacies for months? They just now went under a centralized booking with AHS so maybe it’s connecting you with open appointments for some reason, or the pharmacy waitlist you signed up for are now just getting free spots as they get a small fraction of the shipments, and have pretty massive lists.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-30-2021 at 08:19 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    In a week or two the whole second shot issue will go away as it opens up officially.

We are tracking for a 3 million week so numbers will look really good by the end of the week
    Delivery schedules are 3 million this week (500k Moderna + 2.5m Pfizer) then 2.5 million the week after then 4 million the following week (1.5m Moderna + 2.5m Pfizer)

Pretty crazy, 25% of Canada's population in 3 weeks is inbound.

Delivery schedules are 3 million this week (500k Moderna + 2.5m Pfizer) then 2.5 million the week after then 4 million the following week (1.5m Moderna + 2.5m Pfizer)

Pretty crazy, 25% of Canada's population in 3 weeks is inbound.
    I'm trying to be overly optimistic, but not even close on the scheduled Modern...maybe you have a good source? (not trying to be an ass, really hoping you've seen an update from the GOC posted schedule)

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-30-2021 at 11:58 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'm trying to be overly optimistic, but not even close on the scheduled Modern...maybe you have a good source? (not trying to be an ass, really hoping you've seen an update from the GOC posted schedule)

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
    That site is often only updated once every week or two. The updated Moderna shipments were just announced a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/AnitaOakville/st...572421120?s=19

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

That site is often only updated once every week or two. The updated Moderna shipments were just announced a few days ago.

Then they said millions more modenra by the end of June … but no confirmed delivery

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's also big delay between when deliveries are announced to when when they arrive in the hands of the federal government, to when the province gets them, to when they get into peoples arms and then those jabs are reported. 2-3 weeks based on my very unscientific tracking.

Still, big deliveries are good news, and based on previous ones, we appear to have no issue getting the doses used effectively. I'm running out of things to complain about with the feds current handling of this program. I'm as shocked about this as anyone.

My personal guess is that those inbound large deliveries are exactly what's needed to get Alberta over the 70% first-dose mark, and to start a serious 2nd-dose campaign 1 week after that (AKA 5-6 weeks from today)
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

You're good people.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Then they said millions more modenra by the end of June … but no confirmed delivery
    Correct but Moderna is now shipping to Canada from the US plant so there's every reason to think they'll meet their commitments for the end of June. The US has plenty of supply and what we are owed is 3-4 days with of production of the US plant. Moderna just doesn't announce confirmed dates / amounts as far out but doesn't mean they won't be coming. Even if it all arrives June 30th that still means July will be a huge month for doses hitting arms

You're good people.
    It's unfortunate that Twitter is often the easiest source for news that eventually trickles to actual news sites a couple days later.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 05-31-2021 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Updating my snarky comment about your vaccination records appearing on NetCare...

While it's true that they show up there, if you want to access them yourself, it's a bit of a process and I'd suggest you start that, now.

You need to create some sort of basic account on whatever MyHealth.Alberta or something along those lines. That's a minor pain in the ass, but the bigger issue is after you do that, they need to physically mail you a piece of papyrus with a magic code on it for you to complete your authentication process.
    This takes 1-2 weeks. Then you need to remember your horse shit username and whatever hexadecimal password you created to log back in and enter the magic code.

Then, and only then, can you print off your entire insane medical history and then realize you only needed to print off your vaccination records after one of your co-workers pastes your pages about wiener pills, contagious diarrhea, herpes and delusions of adequacy all over the poster board at work.

So if you think you might need to print your own, get on it, now.

Page 166 of 365 FirstFirst ... 156 165 166 167 176 ... LastLast