Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 244 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 244 of 365 FirstFirst ... 234 243 244 245 254 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm here for the reps.
    I still have no idea how these work or what they are for.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Not sure when AB added it but they now breakdown new cases and active cases by vaccinated status. Despite a lot more people being vaccinated the unvaccinated still out number new cases 5 to 1

Attachment 101223
    I understand its entirely anecdotal, and this is purely my own observation. I'm attending much more COVID+ calls again, like a couple per shift, and so far 100% of the people I attend or send to hospital are unvaxx'd and are very much in a state of regret at passing it up. Its quite interesting
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Eh-Fucking Men

And this is exactly why many don't get it for.

Not only did my girlfriend deal with cancer but she also has tatoos. Myself I have a possible autoimmune issue and have asthma.

Which way should we go? We are both very at home people with almost zero social life and mostly go to work and come home.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is justified and people like you who do are making society a shittier place. You just need something to make yourselves feel better because you think being vaccinated is a means to a gold star in society.
    I know this is like... 4 pages back now, but I'm curious what tattoos has to do with it? Also, two family members of mine have recently had cancer, and both got vaccinated, so I'm super confused where you're coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I understand its entirely anecdotal, and this is purely my own observation. I'm attending much more COVID+ calls again, like a couple per shift, and so far 100% of the people I attend or send to hospital are unvaxx'd and are very much in a state of regret at passing it up. Its quite interesting
    This is an interesting firsthand report, and more relevant than my uncle/co-worker/friend etc got sick and regretted not vaccinating or got sick and was just fine.

I assume you are an EMR/EMT? Can you comment on the demographic that is being hospitalized? I'm interested if it's usually people with underlying conditions (obesity, asthma, etc) and/or age related? Have to responded to any calls for healthy teens/20/30 somethings with no underlying conditions?

Thanks for adding to the thread @TurboMedic

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I know this is like... 4 pages back now, but I'm curious what tattoos has to do with it? Also, two family members of mine have recently had cancer, and both got vaccinated, so I'm super confused where you're coming from.
    I think @tirebob was saying that tattoo's cause an antibody response (to the ink) - and that his reaction is a result of an adverse reaction to the vaccine interacting with those 'tattoo antibodies'. It's not underheard of, historically speaking, for vaccines to cause this reaction in tattoo'd individuals, although seemingly rare.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Reports of the immune response to the vaccine creating an inflammatory response at tattoo sites.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I barked up the tree you planted. If you're clarifying your position now that's fair. You can judge the non vaccinated all you want, but there is the whole issue of us filthy vaxxers being the ones that are allowing variants to flourish and spread. It's fairly surprising there isn't more chatter about this. They've been forcing us to get a vaccine that isn't actually a vaccine, as it does not eliminate the virus, it just eliminates host symptoms. So I guess we can have the argument of who is stupider. The unvaccinated for allowing a temporary rise in hospital cases, or the vaccinated for ensuring a never ending cycle of covid variants and yearly booster shots till the end of time?

I can tell you I certainly did not clog up any hospitals when I had covid. And then I had better immunity than the vaxxed at that point. So there was no value to me getting my doses, but If I had chosen not to bother I'd fall into your sphere of hypocritical ignorant judgement. I would guess this is a pretty large sphere. And this is something they really should've thought ahead on. If we don't have a proper vaccine available, then they really should be checking people for prior infection before delivering a shot. Those who have been infected should not be recommended to be poked.
    I'm sorry, but you miss the mark on every one of your arguments here. Vaccines have never eliminated viruses. They prepare your body to fight and suppress whatever you're vaccinated for by means of creating antibodies, giving you the jump on when you're exposed essentially snuffing out and preventing it from being harmful, and thereby reducing spread, reducing R, and subsequently making said virus mostly inconsequential. For this to work as has been said countless times, there has to be enough uptake for this to be effective, otherwise you still have a bunch of high viral loads running around and allowing more mutations to grab hold. And yes there is value in getting vaccinated post infection. Here is one such brief study discussing the benefit: https://tinyurl.com/2srm8zxs . If you don't like reading, the takeaway was that you are 2.3x more likely to reinfect post COVID if you choose to not vaccinate. Or here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2782139 , indicated that *shocker* yes, you do get antibody load with infection but vaccination elevates you to superhero status and reduces variant infection? So why would anyone choose not to?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I can tell you I certainly did not clog up any hospitals when I had covid. And then I had better immunity than the vaxxed at that point. So there was no value to me getting my doses, but If I had chosen not to bother I'd fall into your sphere of hypocritical ignorant judgement. I would guess this is a pretty large sphere. And this is something they really should've thought ahead on. If we don't have a proper vaccine available, then they really should be checking people for prior infection before delivering a shot. Those who have been infected should not be recommended to be poked.
    My favorite is reading any of Misterman's posts as if he was Trump rambling on. It really makes him more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 08-23-2021 at 11:16 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    This is an interesting firsthand report, and more relevant than my uncle/co-worker/friend etc got sick and regretted not vaccinating or got sick and was just fine.

I assume you are an EMR/EMT? Can you comment on the demographic that is being hospitalized? I'm interested if it's usually people with underlying conditions (obesity, asthma, etc) and/or age related? Have to responded to any calls for healthy teens/20/30 somethings with no underlying conditions?

Thanks for adding to the thread @TurboMedic
    I'm an Advanced Care Paramedic, demographic has been predominantly around 50 years old, more females than males. Average mother build, what most middle agers would call "healthy" in that they aren't diabetics, they don't have underlying respiratory illness, the most common around there is high blood pressure. I think I have a good cross section of call types, I do 10-18 calls a shift so plenty of time to gather observations!

During the 3rd wave I responded to more of the 20/30 group than in any other wave, but this wave is young and it will be interesting to see how it progresses over the next few weeks. I had a number of weeks there from late june to mid august that I didn't go to a single COVID call. To say I'm sick of it is an understatement. I want everyones lives to just go back to normal!

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post

I think @tirebob was saying that tattoo's cause an antibody response (to the ink) - and that his reaction is a result of an adverse reaction to the vaccine interacting with those 'tattoo antibodies'. It's not underheard of, historically speaking, for vaccines to cause this reaction in tattoo'd individuals, although seemingly rare.
    It has since spread to other areas of my body that are not tattooed. I even have had a huge flare up on the sole of my foot which was brutal. Looks like I am going to have to deal with this for a while but the doc says it should subside as time goes on.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Stop using covid-19 for ink, and your body will stop trying to reject it Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Who is getting the Covid-19 vaccine?

Flames fans are getting the Covid-19 vaccine. Flames announced its required to enter the Saddledome or McMahon for any CESC events.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Who is getting the Covid-19 vaccine?

Flames fans are getting the Covid-19 vaccine. Flames announced its required to enter the Saddledome or McMahon for any CESC events.
    Lol, Flames getting rid of the liability. No Flames fans who haven't already gotten the shot will do so now. They'll just make their own "proof" of vaccination.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Lol, Flames getting rid of the liability. No Flames fans who haven't already gotten the shot will do so now. They'll just make their own "proof" of vaccination.
    Someone probably will try but I bet something as simple as issuing a statement saying anyone caught faking proof will have their season tickets revoked would make a lot think twice about trying. Even if it's unlikely they'd get caught

My Ride
    ute

I guess people have an objective reason to not get tattoos now.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I guess people have an objective reason to not get tattoos now.
    I'm going to get extra ones instead. #YOLO
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Silverado

Any new restrictions should be directed only towards these retarded anti vaxxers. I shouldn't even call them retarded because special needs people have enough common sense to get vaccinated.

I am happy to download the health services app and show every damn establishment

My Ride
    Trucks

I’ll just leave this snippet from today’s news here:

Name:  67478097-15FD-4917-A4B5-38AC53BFED3F.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  118.4 KB

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm an Advanced Care Paramedic, demographic has been predominantly around 50 years old, more females than males. Average mother build, what most middle agers would call "healthy" in that they aren't diabetics, they don't have underlying respiratory illness, the most common around there is high blood pressure. I think I have a good cross section of call types, I do 10-18 calls a shift so plenty of time to gather observations!

During the 3rd wave I responded to more of the 20/30 group than in any other wave, but this wave is young and it will be interesting to see how it progresses over the next few weeks. I had a number of weeks there from late june to mid august that I didn't go to a single COVID call. To say I'm sick of it is an understatement. I want everyones lives to just go back to normal!
    How's ER wait time? Heard it's going thru a double whammy since vaccinated are resuming doing what they were doing and unvaccinated are crowding them. Pile staff shortage on top for leaves and such, sounds like not a good time to need ER.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    How's ER wait time? Heard it's going thru a double whammy since vaccinated are resuming doing what they were doing and unvaccinated are crowding them. Pile staff shortage on top for leaves and such, sounds like not a good time to need ER.
    I'll be honest, even COVID aside the wait times have been quite awful, meaning even when our COVID numbers are low, our sheer call volumes are still really high. On our screens in one or two sites specifically its not uncommon to have people parked with us for 3-7 hours. Now that doesn't mean everyone is waiting that, the time triggers are only on the patient that is waiting the longest, but its regular to have 6 or sometimes up to 11 vehicles stuck at one site. I'd say generally speaking its usually 10-20 of the fleet sitting at any point of the day. Our issue is majorly compounded by staffing issues. Nobody wants to come in anymore and we have a really high rate of staff on leave. This can be (and regularly is) 1/3-1/2 of the fleet some days. This is why rural trucks are in the city all the time. We run out of ambulances so often, its just "regular" now. The whitewashing of "red alerts" lasting seconds to minutes is just flat out inaccurate, we can be in them for an hour at time with calls stacked. Its a disaster. Sorry about the tangent

My Ride
    ute

I'll be honest, even COVID aside the wait times have been quite awful, meaning even when our COVID numbers are low, our sheer call volumes are still really high. On our screens in one or two sites specifically its not uncommon to have people parked with us for 3-7 hours. Now that doesn't mean everyone is waiting that, the time triggers are only on the patient that is waiting the longest, but its regular to have 6 or sometimes up to 11 vehicles stuck at one site. I'd say generally speaking its usually 10-20 of the fleet sitting at any point of the day. Our issue is majorly compounded by staffing issues. Nobody wants to come in anymore and we have a really high rate of staff on leave. This can be (and regularly is) 1/3-1/2 of the fleet some days. This is why rural trucks are in the city all the time. We run out of ambulances so often, its just "regular" now. The whitewashing of "red alerts" lasting seconds to minutes is just flat out inaccurate, we can be in them for an hour at time with calls stacked. Its a disaster. Sorry about the tangent
    This isn't possible. Canada has the best healthcare in the world.

Page 244 of 365 FirstFirst ... 234 243 244 245 254 ... LastLast