Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 269 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 269 of 365 FirstFirst ... 259 268 269 270 279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Nice to hear. Fuck these mouthbreathers protesting at a hospital

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scroll down to “people who don’t have BC ID”

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html#outside-bc

I’d try to show the my Alberta app first but have the piece of paper around as a backup.
    Might have to go back and get Killramos to give me that bootleg paper afterall.

I am seriously curious about this though. Is the government legitimately telling businesses in BC to violate charter law and deny entry to people that don't show proof of vaccination?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Might have to go back and get Killramos to give me that bootleg paper afterall.

I am seriously curious about this though. Is the government legitimately telling businesses in BC to violate charter law and deny entry to people that don't show proof of vaccination?
    Sounds like you already found the bootleg law degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Nice to hear. Fuck these mouthbreathers protesting at a hospital
    Pipeline law comes in handy. lol.

You can take it up with supreme court if you believe the action is not justified.

Yes, the government can infringe on Charter of rights and freedom under an emergency. Been done many times without challenge in many provinces.

And Yes, you can sue them and take them to highest level of court if you think the measure is not justified.

And seriously, without a robust digital verification system, this "vaccination check" may as well be Vulcan greeting.

EDIT: Damn, NVM, BC is doing full QR code like Quebec to minimize hassle.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-13-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Pipeline law comes in handy. lol.

You can take it up with supreme court if you believe the action is not justified.

Yes, the government can infringe on Charter of rights and freedom under an emergency. Been done many times without challenge in many provinces.

And Yes, you can sue them and take them to highest level of court if you think the measure is not justified.
    Therein lies the grey area and crux of the issue. Is the government proving there is enough of an emergency to satisfy the Supreme Court justifying discrimination. I'm sure someone or some group will challenge these eventually, but in the meantime the law is pretty clear. If they are actually directing business to violate law, I'm guessing they feel they have a strong case if it is challenged. In any sense, it won't be me challenging. I'll just watch everything to go to shit like everyone else until it gets to a point I have to flee the country if we get to that point in my lifetime.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Therein lies the grey area and crux of the issue. Is the government proving there is enough of an emergency to satisfy the Supreme Court justifying discrimination. I'm sure someone or some group will challenge these eventually, but in the meantime the law is pretty clear. If they are actually directing business to violate law, I'm guessing they feel they have a strong case if it is challenged. In any sense, it won't be me challenging. I'll just watch everything to go to shit like everyone else until it gets to a point I have to flee the country if we get to that point in my lifetime.
    Let me put it this way.

It's not even cold yet and ICUs are screwed and we are supposed to be in months of peak vaccine effectivness. You gotta do something and you already know there is something that works to the point that can reduce ICU admittance by 90%.

So the next logical solution is to restrict movement of non-vaccinated people. Just be thankful that we are not closing highway on/off ramps to a city like China is doing right now on just a handful of cases.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-13-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Just be thankful that we are not closing highway on/off ramps to a city like China is doing right now on just a handful of cases.
    This is definitely not going to age well.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

This is definitely not going to age well.
    What in a communist country ages well ?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

The actual constitutional lawyers I have heard speak on the subject don’t think there is much of a case for the antivaxxers but we shall see if anyone gets organized enough to actually take it to court.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    The actual constitutional lawyers I have heard speak on the subject don’t think there is much of a case for the antivaxxers but we shall see if anyone gets organized enough to actually take it to court.
    I think folks would sue due to the the provinces that restricted movement and travel of citizens long long before they'd sue Arby's because they couldn't go get their BeefSquirt without a Vax card. Because hey - they care about what they put in their bodies.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I think folks would sue due to the the provinces that restricted movement and travel of citizens long long before they'd sue Arby's because they couldn't go get their BeefSquirt without a Vax card. Because hey - they care about what they put in their bodies.
    Yes while they have a smoke, do a couple lines.. but these experimental vax are over the line ….

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Misterman wants to sue for No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service signs while he’s at it

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Misterman wants to sue for No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service signs while he’s at it
    People think they are libertarians but they're not

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Let me put it this way.

It's not even cold yet and ICUs are screwed and we are supposed to be in months of peak vaccine effectivness. You gotta do something and you already know there is something that works to the point that can reduce ICU admittance by 90%.

So the next logical solution is to restrict movement of non-vaccinated people. Just be thankful that we are not closing highway on/off ramps to a city like China is doing right now on just a handful of cases.
    I doubt restricting the movement of non vaccinated people will change anything, even if the system is reliable enough to pull it off. All that will do is make the unvaccinated congregate in areas with no restrictions. Businesses that DGAF, each other’s home, where they’ll continue to spread between themselves, and continue to tax the health care system. It’s not like they’ll just stay home alone and stay healthy. Vax passports are a feel good smokescreen that really doesn’t solve much.

Mandatory vaccinations are our only hope. At least the US is pushing for that a little with Biden. That’ll get them closer to the finish line. I doubt Canada has the balls to attempt it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I doubt restricting the movement of non vaccinated people will change anything, even if the system is reliable enough to pull it off. All that will do is make the unvaccinated congregate in areas with no restrictions. Businesses that DGAF, each other’s home, where they’ll continue to spread between themselves, and continue to tax the health care system. It’s not like they’ll just stay home alone and stay healthy. Vax passports are a feel good smokescreen that really doesn’t solve much.

Mandatory vaccinations are our only hope. At least the US is pushing for that a little with Biden. That’ll get them closer to the finish line. I doubt Canada has the balls to attempt it.
    They're already getting sick faster than sheep get dingle berries. Because (like the dumbest animals on the farm) they're the dumbest animals off the farm.
    I just find myself wanting anything that sequesters and marginalizes them. Not so that I can be rewarded, simply so I don't have to be punished further for doing the right things. Fuck these masks. Fuck missing work. And fuck missing school.

Let's load those tents with these sheep who keep calling us sheep; keep it wet & drafty per Killy's idea, and keep the hospital's with enough capacity to care for cancer and car accidents.

It's not gonna work, but they chose to not participate in society. Let's help them out with that.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

They're already getting sick faster than sheep get dingle berries. Because (like the dumbest animals on the farm) they're the dumbest animals off the farm.
    I just find myself wanting anything that sequesters and marginalizes them. Not so that I can be rewarded, simply so I don't have to be punished further for doing the right things. Fuck these masks. Fuck missing work. And fuck missing school.

Let's load those tents with these sheep who keep calling us sheep; keep it wet & drafty per Killy's idea, and keep the hospital's with enough capacity to care for cancer and car accidents.

It's not gonna work, but they chose to not participate in society. Let's help them out with that.
    Alternative, get angry with the people putting the restrictions in place and let the unvaccinated get sick. Strange that people seem to be redirecting their anger away from the ones actually putting the policies in place and enforcing them. Triage hospitals, I’m double vaccinated and dgaf about protestors or vaccination status. The only thing standing between me and a normal life is an incompetent government and Karen’s who think government policy will get us through this.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yes and no. The unvaccinated are perpetuating the problem of variants which in turn is decreasing the effectiveness of the original vaccines, which puts everyone at greater collective risk. If it was a simple matter of being protected vs. feeling it too risky to get vaccinated, it wouldn't really matter that much because the unvaccinated can deal with the consequences of their choice (ie: dying in ICU saying goodbye to their loved ones via iPad). But unfortunately it's not that simple.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Alternative, get angry with the people putting the restrictions in place and let the unvaccinated get sick. Strange that people seem to be redirecting their anger away from the ones actually putting the policies in place and enforcing them. Triage hospitals, I’m double vaccinated and dgaf about protestors or vaccination status. The only thing standing between me and a normal life is an incompetent government and Karen’s who think government policy will get us through this.
    I need these retards to not fill the hospital in case I get in a car accident. You do, too.
    I'd prefer it if the government sewed oven mitts onto their hands and gave them troughs to eat out of in some safe place like an offshore rig in the Beaufort Sea. Instead, I have to wear a mask and not go to work and soon not go to restaurants and soon have my schools closed.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Yes and no. The unvaccinated are perpetuating the problem of variants which in turn is decreasing the effectiveness of the original vaccines, which puts everyone at greater collective risk. If it was a simple matter of being protected vs. feeling it too risky to get vaccinated, it wouldn't really matter that much because the unvaccinated can deal with the consequences of their choice (ie: dying in ICU saying goodbye to their loved ones via iPad). But unfortunately it's not that simple.
    Got a source for the unvaccinated here causing variants? Anything I have seen has been foreign introduction from highly populated/lower quality health care areas. Why waste vaccines on those who don’t want them here/booster shots when we can focus on getting them to areas of the world more likely to cause variants.

I need these retards to not fill the hospital in case I get in a car accident. You do, too.
    I'd prefer it if the government sewed oven mitts onto their hands and gave them troughs to eat out of in some safe place like an offshore rig in the Beaufort Sea. Instead, I have to wear a mask and not go to work and soon not go to restaurants and soon have my schools closed.
    Solution is triaging based of personal choices. Governments across the country had 18+ months to upskill, increase capacity, improve processes, etc. And here we are. The solution to you or I not having issues if we need the ICU is right there, but no one is willing to push the government to allow personal decision into healthcare, sets bad precedence for the future. Easier to make all Canadians suffer.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    *The First*

^Oh ok. Your first use of the word "triage" made me think the traditional sense of the word - which they already do.

You're talking about sending the UnVax'd to the back of the line. Sure, I'm fine with that.

Page 269 of 365 FirstFirst ... 259 268 269 270 279 ... LastLast