Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 119 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 119 of 365 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    ute

I wish there was a better way to put this, but the vaccinate yes/no question is basically a pass/fail IQ test.

If you can't work out which one is the pass and the fail, I have bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only if a microphone is put inside their mask so we can hear their mumble speak better.
    Fucking hate talking to anybody trying to serve wearing a mask, especially if the have any kind of a fobby accent that I need to concentrate on to understand at the best of times. I actually feel bad for them as they have to repeat themselves probably 10 times a transaction just to be understood. Has to be slightly demoralizing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    What % of immune population (vaxxed or had virus) do you think we need to get to herd immunity?
    I’m not you, I don’t make up numbers I don’t know and I know what I think on the matter is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I wish there was a better way to put this, but the vaccinate yes/no question is basically a pass/fail IQ test.

If you can't work out which one is the pass and the fail, I have bad news for you.
    Shoot. The script to post from my alt messed up the timing there…
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Honestly I think we have reached a golden societal opportunity with all this.

From now on every job application should include a simple question of “Did you or did you not get your Covid vaccine when offered in 2021”. An answer of no should preclude you from ever working in a position that requires any semblance of critical thought.

Bonus points, we should put it on ballots to see who should be allowed to vote.
    "herd immunity" means a few different things, I've come to learn. Some say that we really need 90% vaccinated to reach herd immunity, and this it's likely never happening.

I personally think herd immunity is irrelevant. Once hospitals are not strained, that's all that matters, and believe it or not, we are very close to that.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Once hospitals are not strained, that's all that matters, and believe it or not, we are very close to that.
    Not if you listen to our experts and politicians

I’m not you, I don’t make up numbers I don’t know and I know what I think on the matter is irrelevant.
    you literally just pulled a number out of your ass by saying 30% overall and 55% above 40 year old is "spitting on something close to herd immunity", and then you accuse me of making up numbers.

You really are something else. And it's not god's gift to the world as you probably think.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

"herd immunity" means a few different things, I've come to learn. Some say that we really need 90% vaccinated to reach herd immunity, and this it's likely never happening.

I personally think herd immunity is irrelevant. Once hospitals are not strained, that's all that matters, and believe it or not, we are very close to that.
    Yes whatever number vaccinated to ensure this thing is no longer growing is success in my books.

- - - Updated - - -

you literally just pulled a number out of your ass by saying 30% overall and 55% above 40 year old is "spitting on something close to herd immunity", and then you accuse me of making up numbers.

You really are something else. And it's not god's gift to the world as you probably think.
    The difference is my numbers I quoted weren’t made up. That’s your specialty.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

The difference is my numbers I quoted weren’t made up. That’s your specialty.
    "30% overall and 55% above 40 year old is spitting on something close to herd immunity" is literally making up numbers. Unless you have a valid source then i'll eat my words.

I assume you're probably referring to the article i posted that was based on top experts in the US saying herd immunity % threshold is going to be higher than originally thought. If posting an article with sources is "making up numbers" then guilty as charged.

My Ride
    ute

Listen to TWiV interviewing Paul Offit. They discuss the concept of herd immunity at about the 40 minute mark, but the whole thing is great. (spoiler alert: it's definition varies depending on user and context).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

"30% overall and 55% above 40 year old is spitting on something close to herd immunity" is literally making up numbers. Unless you have a valid source then i'll eat my words.

I assume you're probably referring to the article i posted that was based on top experts in the US saying herd immunity % threshold is going to be higher than originally thought. If posting an article with sources is "making up numbers" then guilty as charged.
    Pretty hard math here, let me know if you have a hard time following
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  99.2 KB

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...h-covid19.html

The good folks at John’s Hopkins seem to agree that we are spitting on the right numbers here. (Notably I’m not thick enough to actually claim there is some magic number like you do)

fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    Not if you listen to our experts and politicians
    Yes, but fuck them. Actually, butt-fuck them!
    When I get that second shot, I'm putting my balls on every door handle I walk by on my way to planes, trains and automobiles wherever the fuck I want to go.

It'll be (ME > listening to govt's) for as long as I feel like it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is an actual photo of me talking to anyone who gets Covid19 after about June 15 2021.
    Name:  0595e6c9ea3e7ddd8f39f4f31fa1e109.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  47.0 KB

Schadenfreude is an ugly look, so save me from that please.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Schadenfreude is an ugly look, so save me from that please.
    Name:  58da9a.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  56.4 KB

The good folks at John’s Hopkins seem to agree that we are spitting on the right numbers here. (Notably I’m not thick enough to actually claim there is some magic number like you do)
    There you go making things up again. I did not question that 30% of people overall/55% over 40 vaccinated. I believe that.

I questioned your statement that those numbers are close to herd immunity. They're not, and even this lovely link that you provided confirms that. Maybe you need to read your own sources better. (good source btw)

What will it take to achieve herd immunity with SARS-CoV-2?
    As with any other infection, there are two ways to achieve herd immunity: A large proportion of the population either gets infected or gets a protective vaccine. What we know about coronavirus so far suggests that, if we were really to go back to a pre-pandemic lifestyle, we would need at least 70% of the population to be immune to keep the rate of infection down (“achieve herd immunity”) without restrictions on activities. But this level depends on many factors, including the infectiousness of the virus (variants can evolve that are more infectious) and how people interact with each other.
    Read the bolded part especially, which is hilarious because it aligns with exactly what i posted about a few days ago. It's no longer looking like 70% - it's trending to be a higher threshold to hit herd immunity. Literally exactly what the NYT reported but because you don't like that source it means anyone who posted it is "making up numbers".

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Is that your table or is it a dump off one of the government of Alberta sites?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Will be fascintating, (and meaningless) to see what the final number of non-vaccnated people ends up being. Once everyone who wants a shot, has gotten a shot, then fuck everyone else.
    Until my kids are eligible, no...

After my kids can get their shots, then yes fuck everyone else
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There you go making things up again. I did not question that 30% of people overall/55% over 40 vaccinated. I believe that.

I questioned your statement that those numbers are close to herd immunity. They're not, and even this lovely link that you provided confirms that. Maybe you need to read your own sources better. (good source btw)

Read the bolded part especially, which is hilarious because it aligns with exactly what i posted about a few days ago. It's no longer looking like 70% - it's trending to be a higher threshold to hit herd immunity. Literally exactly what the NYT reported but because you don't like that source it means anyone who posted it is "making up numbers".
    We don’t know what the herd immunity numbers are. There you go again trying to pass off magic thresholds as facts again.

What’s more valuable in this case is discussions around generic herd immunity rates based on historical analyses of other diseases. Your bolded part is indeed important, those are massive variables we don’t have control over or have a good understanding of, you know the kind of things that makes your beloved “70% vaccinated” complete bullshit. You know, the number that JH is smart enough to caveat the shit out of.

What is important is we are starting to approach vaccination levels in a deep enough cross section of the population for the generic effect of herd immunity to start making itself apparent and help get case counts down.

Your simple minded brain can’t seem to comprehend the concept of a spectrum, and instead is fascinated with a magic number we can cross and the pandemic be over. Explains why NYT resonates so well with you.

fact.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Crazy how things are shifting quickly.
    Everyone wanted one got one. And now there are signs that some didn't even come in for 2nd dose. Complacency is a problem much like Chile. Any sort of signaling that we are winning against COVID is counterproductive. IMHO, we only have won a few battles, the war is far from over.

Biden now set the goal of 70% by July 4th. Not sure how he can pull it off but wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Maybe someone knows for certain but if you contracted covid 19 and recovered without experiences major illness is there a point to get the vaccine?
    Username doesn't check out.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Is that your table or is it a dump off one of the government of Alberta sites?
    That’s yesterday’s numbers from the AB gov with a couple extra columns of marth

fact.

We don’t know what the herd immunity numbers are. There you go again trying to pass off magic thresholds as facts again.

What’s more valuable in this case is discussions around generic herd immunity rates based on historical analyses of other diseases. Your bolded part is indeed important, those are massive variables we don’t have control over or have a good understanding of, you know the kind of things that makes your beloved “70% vaccinated” complete bullshit. You know, the number that JH is smart enough to caveat the shit out of.

What is important is we are starting to approach vaccination levels in a deep enough cross section of the population for the generic effect of herd immunity to start making itself apparent and help get case counts down enough.

Your simple minded brain can’t seem to comprehend the concept of a spectrum, and instead is fascinated with a magic number we can cross and the pandemic be over. Explains why NYT resonates so well with you.
    It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Buster will still like you and give you a few internet pats on the head, don’t worry about it.

Page 119 of 365 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 129 ... LastLast