Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    180 72.00%
  • No

    38 15.20%
  • Undecided

    32 12.80%
Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1698

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

  1. #681
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    My Ride
    Trucks
    Posts
    1,592
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL!!! You don't honestly think that the govt will force vaccinations in Canada, do you?

    "My __________ and my feelings make it so I am not taking your vaccine" said tens of thousands of "people".
    It will not be mandatory, like paying taxes and death. Some people still find ways to cheat. Maybe COVID anti-vaxers will be moved into interment camps and forced to erect scaffolding for a living. Who knows.
    Last edited by Darell_n; 02-21-2021 at 01:47 PM.

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Sausage Wagon
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Nobody has made an intelligent case against the vaccine. In addition to the profound lack of intelligence from antivaxxers, anybody I've personally heard talk about why they're against it, sound like they bum cigarettes at the 7-11 and don't spread their cheeks when they shower. Social media is making me miss forums in a big way.
    Last edited by CUG; 02-21-2021 at 02:39 PM.

    Originally posted by teamPRO


    howbout suck my black kettle...

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Sausage Wagon
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    (Thanks whoever left the rep comment!)

    Originally posted by teamPRO


    howbout suck my black kettle...

  4. #684
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody has made an intelligent case against the vaccine.
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?

  5. #685
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?
    You're.missing the operative word in his post.

  6. #686
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're.missing the operative word in his post.
    Doesn't appear so. Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine. So if there is no arguments for or against this topic, then it's a moot point and he really shouldn't be giving any shits about what random people care to have in their body or not. It makes him as equally stupid as the people he is comparing to.

  7. #687
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine.
    wrong.

  8. #688
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will not be mandatory, like paying taxes and death. Some people still find ways to cheat. Maybe COVID anti-vaxers will be moved into interment camps and forced to erect scaffolding for a living. Who knows.
    ^I see what you did there, and I like it!

    I don't think there's a way they will force people, but I do agree that they will place obstacles to planes and other things... Potentially

  9. #689
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Here's my argument for the vaccine:

    - Covid is more deadly than Influenza.
    - Influenza has muted enough that we'll never get rid of it, even seasonal flu shots help keep it at bay but otherwise its still there year after year.
    - We've already seen COVID is now mutating to new strains that have varying degrees of more spread and/or more deadly
    - Vaccinate people now while its still a handful of dominant strains and try to get rid of it for good rather than it becoming an annual thing like flu season.

    Worldwide benefit: Influenza kills 250k-500k per year, so having Influenza + Covid circulating separately should save that many or more per year.
    Nolan

  10. #690
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Sausage Wagon
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't appear so. Nobody has made an intelligent case FOR the vaccine. So if there is no arguments for or against this topic, then it's a moot point and he really shouldn't be giving any shits about what random people care to have in their body or not. It makes him as equally stupid as the people he is comparing to.
    The comment wasn't "tell me you're scientifically and statistically illiterate without actually saying it". If you're finding that your entire worldview constantly collides with experts and scientific consensus, consider the more likely explanation here is that you are wrong, and they are not. Also, downvoting my rep is trash.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?
    No, you can go do your own homework and provide backup information for the variety of your wild claims here. I think you're mistaken that people are offended or defensive; we think you're overconfident. You're not insulting me, you're the antivaxxer. Not me
    Last edited by CUG; 02-21-2021 at 09:35 PM.

    Originally posted by teamPRO


    howbout suck my black kettle...

  11. #691
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,882
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Well, seems like so far around 1 million people have "got the shot" and Canada is scheduled to receive roughly a million more doses in the next two weeks. Then over 400,000 doses a week for a while.

    Even with case counts and hospitalizations being lagging indicators, we should, I think, see some solid improvements in those in 6-8 weeks. (edit: maybe 10-12 weeks more realistically)

    I think now we are at the point where "help is on the way soon" is an accurate assessment. Unlike in December when @Buster and I were arguing about "holding on for a few more weeks."

    I'm feeling more positive about this subject that I have before. Probably related to the fact that vulnerable people I know can start booking thier shots soon.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-22-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.

  12. #692
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, seems like so far around 1 million people have "got the shot" and Canada is scheduled to receive roughly a million more doses in the next two weeks. Then over 400,000 doses a week for a while.

    Even with case counts and hospitalizations being lagging indicators, we should, I think, see some solid improvements in those in 6-8 weeks. (edit: maybe 10-12 weeks more realistically)

    I think now we are at the point where "help is on the way soon" is an accurate assessment. Unlike in December when @Buster and I were arguing about "holding on for a few more weeks."

    I'm feeling more positive about this subject that I have before. Probably related to the fact that vulnerable people I know can start booking thier shots soon.
    Ironically, when it comes to vaccinations, we will likely start to see deaths/ICU/hospitalizations as a leading indicator (relative to cases anyway).

  13. #693
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The comment wasn't "tell me you're scientifically and statistically illiterate without actually saying it". If you're finding that your entire worldview constantly collides with experts and scientific consensus, consider the more likely explanation here is that you are wrong, and they are not. Also, downvoting my rep is trash.
    Political bureaucrats and scientific experts are not even remotely mutually exclusive. And the irony of people making the scientific expert claim for their argument, is they still pick and choose which scientific experts they utilize to justify their preconceived notions. And this is ignoring the fact that science is not about consensus at all.

    I had no rep left to give you yesterday, and worrying about that is trash.

  14. #694
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're mistaken that people are offended or defensive; we think you're overconfident.
    I don't care what you think. Worrying about what other people are injecting into their bodies is worse than being an anti-vaxer. Your type are like the Jehovah witness of the vaccine world, going around your neighbourhood and educating everyone on how much better you think you are. Except this time it's random forums and wherever else. Take the shot if it makes yourself feel better and gives you that mental sense of superiority. Do you care if 50k Canadians die from smoking complications every year, maybe you should preach your wisdom and convince them to quit.

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Covid circulating separately should save that many or more per year.
    Not my problem.

  15. #695
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    My Ride
    F150, Tiguan R, Triumph Tiger XRT
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a big difference between being anti-vaccine in every aspect vs not wanting a vaccine that’s not 100% effective from a virus that kills a very small, specific portion of the population. A healthy young adult under 40/45 has zero reason to get one, 80% of the population is asymptomatic remember. Prove to me that the vaccine, which was rushed into production, can 100% protect me without any long term side affects. I don’t have to convince you why I don’t want one. People get very offended and defensive when they hear others refuse to take vaccines. Why do you care?
    I don't understand why you feel it was rushed. Does that mean the annual flu vaccine is rushed every year too?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  16. #696
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why you feel it was rushed.
    Rushed is another term for expedited and I don't think there's anyone in the vaccine world who doesn't agree that it was expedited. It is the risk levels due to it that are the debate from some.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  17. #697
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rushed is another term for expedited and I don't think there's anyone in the vaccine world who doesn't agree that it was expedited. It is the risk levels due to it that are the debate from some.
    People are using "rushed" in the pejorative sense. Which is nonsense. They assume that time has been the limiting step for other vaccine development. It isn't. Money is.

    We now know that with unlimited resources, a vaccine can be developed and properly tested in 10 months.

  18. #698
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,541
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rushed is another term for expedited and I don't think there's anyone in the vaccine world who doesn't agree that it was expedited. It is the risk levels due to it that are the debate from some.

    At least a lot of it is still cautious and data driven. I have no idea why so many are rushing to put SinoVac and Sinopharm in their citizens when there is lack of phase 3 data and anecdote evidence is anywhere from failing WHO standards to 85% effective.

    That said, back to AB. We have administered 160K doses with 66k got double dose. Given there are roughly 2M people in phase 1 and phase 2 (50+ and other special cases), so does September phases 3 (GA) sounds like a very low bar set or about right?

  19. #699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,267
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I think we will eventually get to the point where supply isnít the critical path in vaccination, the more ďeverydayĒ people we are including in a phase the more challenging it becomes to get vaccines to those people for whatever reason you want to pick (they donít want the vaccine, they donít want to drive to get it, they donít have time to get it, it isnít in their area, whatever).

    Itís pretty easy to get shots in the arms of captive audiences ( nursing home residents, healthcare workers ) relative to the general population.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #700
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are using "rushed" in the pejorative sense. Which is nonsense. They assume that time has been the limiting step for other vaccine development. It isn't. Money is.

    We now know that with unlimited resources, a vaccine can be developed and properly tested in 10 months.
    Important distinction, fair enough.

    I guess I too wondered about them in the early days, but then I asked questions and listened to answers so kind of forgot about that viewpoint.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

    By barmanjay in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 674
    Latest Threads: 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
  2. Will you take the COVID vaccine?

    By sabad66 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 84
    Latest Threads: 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM
  3. H1N1 Vaccine???

    By ekguy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. Shot/Vaccine History? (Tetanus Shot)

    By Joe-G in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
  5. MMR Vaccine / Autism Link a Lie from the start?

    By hampstor in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •