Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn’t Phizer test on something like 40,000 people. Plenty enough to know odds of side effects.

How much more testing, in your professional opinions, do you guys require out of curiosity?

I always wonder while health Canada is such a stick in the mud, until you talk to the average Canadian voter.
    A billion.

No. 80 billion.

---

I do hope it becomes a requirement to travel around.

Is spidey senses a side effect?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    You’re the one who made the claim that he sped up development and approval. I provided a simple fact that refuted the claim.

I didn’t think you were the type of person who would fall for that tripe but the marketing genius has clearly brainwashed allegedly smart people too.
    It’s the perception that trump did anything that is key. I don’t even know what you are trying to argue, it’s pretty indisputable that there are people out there who won’t touch the shot because they think it’s tainted with trumpism.

No one is suggesting trump was hanging out in a lab speeding up tests or falsifying results. That’s just stupid.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Never go for the first gen. Will wait until the vaccine is more refined. I wonder if I have immunity since I was surrounded by two co-workers in the same room for a week and they tested positive for covid19 and i got nothing.

My Ride
    ute

Traditional anti-vaxxers are granola crunching lefty weirdos from the PNW.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Traditional anti-vaxxers are granola crunching lefty weirdos from the PNW.
    This.

My Ride
    rally pig

I voted undecided simply because I'm not going to line up for the first doses but hopefully mid next year.

They've already said that the vast majority of us won't see any vaccine until mid 2021 anyways. There will be millions of test subjects before I'm likely to see any. I will get it when its time for the rest of us. Politicians first, medical and first responders next, seniors, reserves, then maybe the rest of us peons. I'd be surprised if we see anything till summer.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Out of curiosity, do most of you think that the side effects of the vaccine will be worst than catching covid?

Your odds of catching covid some time in the next year without mass vaccination efforts really aren’t looking that hot these days, so I don’t really understand the “risk” of the vaccine people seem to be implying.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    What does Trump have to do with the Pfizer vaccine?
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/opera...cine-1.5806820

While you can fault Trump admin in handling the messaging of COVID to public, vaccine development isn't one of them. Operation Warp Speed actually helped.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-14-2020 at 10:59 AM.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I plan to get it. What's the concern with the non mRNA vaccines?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    right now, it might be efficacy, we're not sure.

Some virologists are saying that the adenovirus vectors might have lower efficacy because the immune system might target the vector itself. I don't believe the mRNA vaccine vectors (the lipid nanoparticles) cause the same response.
    )

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Will I get it? Eventually, yes. I however will not be anywhere near the front of the line. I could probably have access to be near-ish the front of the line, but, I do have a nagging thing at the back of my mind says this was rushed. So, with that in mind, my risk is pretty low over all, so I am ok with letting some first waves go ahead and get it, and see what develops. I figure that by April we will have a pretty good idea about side effects and what not and if nothing pops up by then, I will get it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Nothing significant. AZ and J&J vaccines both use de-activated based avenovirus vaccines and each has had an individual in the study have a serious illness but after pausing the study and looking into their history it was deemed unrelated to the vaccine so they are continuing with the trials. Assuming those are one off and similar issues don't re-appear they should be relatively safe.

Though personally I'd rather get a mRNA based vaccine rather than the others as it seems more effective as well as by design it just seems the better solution. Not to mention AstraZeneca seems to have shit the bed in their trial study. Giving people the wrong doses, forgetting to give some people the second dose, forgetting to tell the FDA about halting the trial ... etc. In the end it'll still be analyzed enough to be deemed safe, they just seemed to do a shit job of the trial despite being the front-runner for a long time.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Will I get it? Eventually, yes. I however will not be anywhere near the front of the line. I could probably have access to be near-ish the front of the line, but, I do have a nagging thing at the back of my mind says this was rushed. So, with that in mind, my risk is pretty low over all, so I am ok with letting some first waves go ahead and get it, and see what develops. I figure that by April we will have a pretty good idea about side effects and what not and if nothing pops up by then, I will get it.

We have a good understanding of side effects NOW.

The difference between "now" data and "future data" is the difference between serious side effects being basically zero in tens of thousands and serious side effects being zero in millions.

If it's rare enough to be negligible in 100,000 people, it's not like something is going to be less rare when tested in the millions.

What you are looking at with millions of additional people vaccinated is not a difference in degree, but rather a difference in resolution.
    Last edited by Buster; 12-14-2020 at 11:28 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@spikerS and anyone else worried about being at the "front of the line" I think you can relax. If you don't work directly in health care, and are under 70 years old, you have a long time before you will even need to start worrying about making that choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I voted no cause I saw what happened in I Am Legend when they got the "cure"

Enjoy being vampire zombies everyone. Me and Will Smith will be getting jiggy with it.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    @spikerS and anyone else worried about being at the "front of the line" I think you can relax. If you don't work directly in health care, and are under 70 years old, you have a long time before you will even need to start worrying about making that choice.
    I put myself into the US vaccine queue calculator, and it said I would be 280,000,000 in line.

Imma die of old age before I get the vaccine or covid.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by lee88 View Post
    Never go for the first gen.
    Its not even first gen - were at something like v0.92 for whats going on right now. Far too many variables and unknowns at this point - only time will prove things out.

Many modern vaccines do amazing things, and have decades and generations of knowledge - this is not it.

The MSM fear narrative is driving people to accept ANY potential 'cure' at any cost.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Its not even first gen - were at something like v0.92 for whats going on right now. Far too many variables and unknowns at this point - only time will prove things out.

Many modern vaccines do amazing things, and have decades and generations of knowledge - this is not it.

The MSM fear narrative is driving people to accept ANY potential 'cure' at any cost.
    Accept it. Elon and silicon valley has taught us that 0.92 is as good as 1.0. With a new major Coronavirus every 5-6 years, this new development is very welcoming to get out a new vaccine in 1 and hoping less going forward.

https://qz.com/1942494/indonesia-is-...ine-diplomacy/

Also, with dubious test results, Chinese Ad5 vaccines are forging ahead in Indonesia, middle east and South America. Given developing countries doesn't have the infrastructure needed (technical and security) to distribute mRNA vaccines, we will need Ad5 vaccine to cover other people.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

I didn't know revelations was a granola crunching Oregon'er. (Oregonite, Oreganese)?

Page 3 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast