Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 341 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    262 74.01%
  • No

    53 14.97%
  • Undecided

    39 11.02%
Page 341 of 346 FirstFirst ... 331 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 6916

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

  1. #6801
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just don't lose your good job or have cash. That's their system. But their delivery is definitely way more timely than ours.
    Don't lose your job, or have cash, and be guaranteed much higher quality and more timely care than you can get in the people's republic of Canada. Sign me the fuck up.

    I haven't lived there, but have a bunch of family and friends that live in the states who have confirmed this checks out.

  2. #6802
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or like my cousin in Virginia, afraid to have kids until you take on a job you don't like but have excellent health plan.
    Am I the only person who thinks this sounds totally reasonable…

    People shouldn’t fucking have kids until they are in a position to support them
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  3. #6803
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only person who thinks this sounds totally reasonable…

    People shouldn’t fucking have kids until they are in a position to support them
    Haha no shit. He says it like it's some outrageous thing.

  4. #6804
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only person who thinks this sounds totally reasonable…

    People shouldn’t fucking have kids until they are in a position to support them
    His leftism is going to the Xtrema!

    sunglasses.jpg

  5. #6805
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    As always...don't be poor.

  6. #6806
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with the notion that a private healthcare system needs to look like the US.
    Open things up those are the providers and companies coming in. Wages are competing with the U.S. Your notion is wrong.

    Why would it look like anything else?

  7. #6807
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Open things up those are the providers and companies coming in. Wages are competing with the U.S. Your notion is wrong.

    Why would it look like anything else?
    Because you lack vision, of course.

  8. #6808
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Where's the incentive for private healthcare providers to change their business model coming from? It makes them billions, they don't give a shit about your vision.

  9. #6809
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's the incentive for private healthcare providers to change their business model coming from? It makes them billions, they don't give a shit about your vision.
    Typical leftist nonsense.

    I don't care how much money someone makes. All I care about are what I receive as a consumer and a taxpayer.

  10. #6810
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Mallfinder
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Don’t buy a BMW, company makes too much money.

  11. #6811
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typical leftist nonsense.

    I don't care how much money someone makes. All I care about are what I receive as a consumer and a taxpayer.
    You're no more special than every other private insurance payer. Where's the incentive for private healthcare providers to change their business model coming from?

  12. #6812
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,945
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Would it be better if thousands more healthcare providers made millions instead?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  13. #6813
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,722
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it be better if thousands more healthcare providers made millions instead?
    No, Comrade.
    $1MM feeds one million workers. See you in bread line.
    Kert is from inbred line.

  14. #6814
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're no more special than every other private insurance payer. Where's the incentive for private healthcare providers to change their business model coming from?
    If you expose businesses to legitimate price discovery, it's amazing what they can accomplish.

  15. #6815
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you expose businesses to legitimate price discovery, it's amazing what they can accomplish.
    The development and evolution of healthcare systems around the world has shown it's the consumers that can't handle being exposed to price discovery when it comes to healthcare.

  16. #6816
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're no more special than every other private insurance payer. Where's the incentive for private healthcare providers to change their business model coming from?
    Change what system? They operate under the guidelines and laws set out by the government. There are a lot fo guidelines and laws you could set out when forming a system from scratch to ensure the system is better than what exists in the US.


    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The development and evolution of healthcare systems around the world has shown it's the consumers that can't handle being exposed to price discovery when it comes to healthcare.
    Price discovery and price fixing aren't the same thing. Thanks for playing.

  17. #6817
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,809
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The development and evolution of healthcare systems around the world has shown it's the consumers that can't handle being exposed to price discovery when it comes to healthcare.
    I don't care what happens around the world.

  18. #6818
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Then all you’ll get is Canadian innovation in healthcare. How bleak.

  19. #6819
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Change what system? They operate under the guidelines and laws set out by the government. There are a lot fo guidelines and laws you could set out when forming a system from scratch to ensure the system is better than what exists in the US.
    Already need the government to step in and intervene? Not a great start for this fully private healthcare experiment.

    Might as well just go with the French or German systems then and keep it universal.

    Price discovery and price fixing aren't the same thing. Thanks for playing.
    And price discovery will never favour the side that is told ‘you need this or you’ll die.’

  20. #6820
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    AyyKayy
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So the WHO just advised that boosting with the original vaccine is ineffective...

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...o-experts-warn

    I was wondering why everyone was rushing to get boosted with an old product...

    Pfizer and Moderna are targeting a March release for the new Omicron Vaccine - any bets on how long that product will be on the market before another variant replaces omicron?

    Also interesting, seems like two doses and no booster means that within 6 months most protection is gone. I suspect there's going to be a split in the vaccinated between those who are 'One and Done' and those who believe that perpetually boosting is a safe and viable strategy.

    It seems almost guaranteed that in the future, vaccines will not be the frontline product in the fight against covid. I bet we move to a strategy of outpatient management with oral therapeutics.

    We go from this in December:

    https://nationalpost.com/news/pfizer...gainst-omicron

    To this:

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ystem-ema-says
    https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/ema-w...r-flu-endemic/

    So is it becoming clear that perpetually boosting with the old vaccine is not effective and also dangerous. It also seems unrealistic that a new Omicron vaccine will save the day... given how frequent new variants appear.

Page 341 of 346 FirstFirst ... 331 340 341 342 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

    By barmanjay in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 674
    Latest Threads: 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
  2. Will you take the COVID vaccine?

    By sabad66 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 84
    Latest Threads: 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM
  3. H1N1 Vaccine???

    By ekguy in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. Shot/Vaccine History? (Tetanus Shot)

    By Joe-G in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2009, 07:58 AM
  5. MMR Vaccine / Autism Link a Lie from the start?

    By hampstor in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •