Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The real question is:

Who would still get the vaccine today, if we could see the effects on the person or the actual discoveries and disclosures, 24 months from now.
    So can you pick me up in your DeLorean?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The real question is:

Who would still get the vaccine today, if we could see the effects on the person or the actual discoveries and disclosures, 24 months from now.
    I'd go line up today for it. It's been shown to be safe in the short / intermediate term, there is zero difference in getting it today versus in April. Any 'long term' issues that people keep worrying about won't show up between now and summer if they did exist anyways. There's nothing special about me so if 50k people got it and have no issues then I'm fairly confident I'll be perfectly fine. If I had certain health issues, allergies, or was in a different risk category then I'd have different thoughts but being a average person I have 0 worry about taking it. God knows when I was younger I did worse things to my body and it survived just fine.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I meant in the US. Canada is irrelevant.
    Dude, why would you mean the US? This is just you saving face and not admitting you are wrong here. Canada is very relevant as we are all Canadians, and being asked if WE (you and I) are getting the vaccine. I mean, lets assume worst case scenario here, shit goes wrong, we can't go begging the USA to let us use their programs...C'mon!

It's shit like this being spouted off that makes me question things and be nervous about something that would normally take years, get rammed through in record time, and then you tell me that I am being paranoid and not to worry? Dude...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Dude, why would you mean the US? This is just you saving face and not admitting you are wrong here. Canada is very relevant as we are all Canadians, and being asked if WE (you and I) are getting the vaccine.

It's shit like this being spouted off that makes me question things and be nervous about something that would normally take years, get rammed through in record time, and then you tell me that I am being paranoid and not to worry? Dude...
    No, I meant Canada in general is not relevant to Pfizer's interests or motivations. We're more of an annoyance to them in general. You think Canada's actions have any relevance to how Pfizer views the vaccine? If anything, this simply relates to pricing, not "confidence".

Besides, I have no particular interest in Pfizer's confidence one way or the other. I can look at the data and see for myself.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yep, when I have my chance I will be getting it, whichever 'it' vaccine is available. But that won't be until quite a while from now anyway.

Inovio's DNA-based vaccine is still in the works but their early-on trials indicated that T-Cell response was much better than the others out there and was highly stable for transport, not even needing to be sub-zero. It won't matter as Canadians won't be able to go to the store and have a choice on what to take. Moreover, many Canadians will observe for several months how the most vulnerable, physically, react to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines anyways. If anything is wrong with it, by the time it reaches us normies the gremlins will have surfaced but I honestly don't see much happening. These vaccines have come together at a pace previously thought impossible but when global collaboration and entire research focus shifted to one scope, it doesn't make me worried. It's actually quite remarkable how the world has come together on this.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    This and that.

I will be getting it. Absolutely.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I will be getting it. Absolutely.
    And then you'll get the vaccine that comes after it when you get bored of the first one, and then the one after that, etc...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    And then you'll get the vaccine that comes after it when you get bored of the first one, and then the one after that, etc...
    Might even alternate vaccines every couple weeks to see which flavour he likes better
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

"I'll take the black vaccine in the black syringe please"

My Ride
    This and that.

If I can drive it then why note....

I'm too lazy to read if this has been asked but if you get the vaccine can you travel without quarantining upon return?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Red needle though.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Mandingo shot

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

My wife should be getting it before the end of the year being a nurse in a long term care facility. Given that she is getting it, I have no hesitation getting it myself. Might as well go through it together, unfortunately that won't be the case for me for some time. I would get it day 1 if given a choice. I can't wait to travel! I do hope it's a requirement, so all those anti-vaxxers can just sit at home and keep the crazies down to a minimum on my flights

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Respectfully, fuck that shit. I will gladly wear one while in a pandemic but if the virus is controlled and we have herd immunity achieved then no thanks and i'm sure 95% of the population agrees.
    My wife just said today that she hopes people will continue to wear masks when sick with whatever, to prevent the spread. This whole mask wearing has been happening in Japan for YEARS before it became fashionable here, specifically to prevent spread of whatever sickness you got when sick.

I think Karen's might wear them after all this is over...select few people, but most will go back to the good old days.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

id definitely wear a mask in crowded place in the winters - trains, buses, airports, ferries (if I ever take one again) and by crowded I mean lots of people

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I also heard on the radio today that the federal government has indemnified Pfizer of any legal repercussions related to the Covid vaccine.

To me, that says that Pfizer isn't 100% confident in their vaccine, and the government is pushing it for PR reasons and has set up a "Covid complications fund" or something like that. When I heard that the feds confirmed that this was the case, it is making me think my decision to wait to get the vaccine is correct.
    That's par for the course on every vaccine. That's like the main piece of information that anti vaxxers stick to when claiming vaccines aren't safe.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    My wife just said today that she hopes people will continue to wear masks when sick with whatever, to prevent the spread. This whole mask wearing has been happening in Japan for YEARS before it became fashionable here, specifically to prevent spread of whatever sickness you got when sick.

I think Karen's might wear them after all this is over...select few people, but most will go back to the good old days.
    I think so. I think non-Asian people will be more likely to wear a mask if they're not feeling well now that it's become more commonplace. It was rare to see east of Vancouver. But at this point, the pandemic has made people a lot more aware of spread, so I think it might be a thing now. Especially among those who have non-disposable masks.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

From the US:

'My daughter stopped by today, said they came around at work today (large Private medical group) asking who wanted the vaccine. At first there were ZERO takers, finally 1 DR said he would if required.
    She, and at least half the staff on her floor, said if it is required like the flu vax, they will turn in their 2 week notice that day. She is the head nurse for 2, of the roughly 100 Dr's in the building.'

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sounds like Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 7 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast