Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 99 of 365 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dumb question- which may have been covered already.

Are they seeing positive results with the vaccines for all the new variants?
    I hate to not use some fucking website or a news outlet, but according to my wife's doctor yes they have been effective.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes, all the vaccines seem to have good efficacy against all the variants. The percentages may or may not vary with the different combinations, but I don't think there's good data on that, and honestly, 5% up or down is irrelevant.

Biggest personal benefit against anything is getting that first dose as fast as possible. That's also the biggest societal benefit as well. Rare situation where selfish actions have such a clear benefit to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

This fucking virus has its own marketing department. Not sure when the hell the word "variant" started being used, but with any virus there are literally thousands of strains that appear. There were HUNDREDS of COVID-19 variants back in April 2020!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yes, all the vaccines seem to have good efficacy against all the variants. The percentages may or may not vary with the different combinations, but I don't think there's good data on that, and honestly, 5% up or down is irrelevant.

Biggest personal benefit against anything is getting that first dose as fast as possible. That's also the biggest societal benefit as well. Rare situation where selfish actions have such a clear benefit to society.
    Capitalism says hi.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This fucking virus has its own marketing department. Not sure when the hell the word "variant" started being used, but with any virus there are literally thousands of strains that appear. There were HUNDREDS of COVID-19 variants back in April 2020!
    That's why we only talk about 3-4 that has shown significant impact. The rest are not worth our time.

My Ride
    ute

Great post. The variant thing is being way overblown.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I had to tell my wife to stop saying variant around me, because every time someone brings it up it makes me think less of them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That's why we only talk about 3-4 that has shown significant impact. The rest are not worth our time.
    Please, no one really knows if those are "worth our time".

You vastly overestimate the ability of medical technology to suss out these strains, especially in tests.

I had to tell my wife to stop saying variant around me, because every time someone brings it up it makes me think less of them.
    I know a guy that bought a 2019 Ford F150 Variant
    @ExtraSlow

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

We should probably use the word varietal. It works for wine snobs.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone know what the next 2-3 weeks vaccine delivery looks like for Alberta?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Anyone know what the next 2-3 weeks vaccine delivery looks like for Alberta?
    This link is up to date except for 300k J&J doses that arrive in Canada next week and distributed to the provinces the first week of May.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This link is up to date except for 300k J&J doses that arrive in Canada next week and distributed to the provinces the first week of May.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
    So, no more AZ vacine deliveries scheduled? No wonder they clsoed the walk-in clinic. If we are doing ~40,000/day, we'll be out by monday.

EDIT: So I assume they just haven't updated that, but the website you posted doesn't show more AZ from USA or from Covax sources after April 11th. Be nice to know if they actually have some planned/scheduled. The Pfizer scheduling is most detailed week-by-week.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-23-2021 at 10:46 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So, no more AZ vacine deliveries scheduled? No wonder they clsoed the walk-in clinic. If we are doing ~40,000/day, we'll be out by monday.

EDIT: So I assume they just haven't updated that, but the website you posted doesn't show more AZ from USA or from Covax sources after April 11th. Be nice to know if they actually have some planned/scheduled. The Pfizer scheduling is most detailed week-by-week.

I assume we can get more AZ down the road and there are 20M doses AZ committed for Q2/3 just without delivery time.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-23-2021 at 10:58 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

There are 0 deliveries of AZ planned. We were set to get 1.5m from India through our March deal but with their huge spike in cases they've paused exports. COVAX was a one time shipment for Canada and a lot of nations gave Canada flak because those doses are meant for under-developed nations so I doubt we'll see more. (At the time of request, February, Canada was in rough shape; now though its hard to justify Canada dipping into those).

US is in talks about lending more doses, hopefully something will come of that as they are reportedly sitting on 20 million AZ doses they can't use. Biden and Trudeau talked on Wednesday discussing more so here's hoping that leads to more in the coming weeks.

The US needs to share really soon, they have 64 million doses currently unused (plus ~20 million additional AZ doses) and their 7 day average of 1st doses has fallen to just 1.4 million per day with some states closing vaccine sites due to no one showing up.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Apparently we got 2/3 of our borrowed AZ doses from a plant the FDA shut down because of QA issues and the FDA is saying that they won't allow their use domestically until further testing it done. Same plant that fudged up 15 million J&J doses.

Not sure if we should too eager to get our hands on it when the issues include inadequate training, inadequate cleaning to prevent contamination that could affect drug safety, identity, strength, quality and purity and things like damaged walls and peeling paint.

Maybe if they lend us doses not made by Emergent.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

So we have cracked over 28% vaccinated in the province. Starting to get a decent “mass” of people with some immunity out there such that I’d expect things to start looking better on the cases front but the data suggests they really aren’t.

Seems like we have a bit of an unintended effect here where almost none of the cluster of the population actually getting sick these days have anyone in their circles (namely, young people) with any significant immunity in their groups.

To me, seems like a strong argument for a full on “open it up” scenario, where we start trying to get vaccinations in the arms of a more diverse cross section of the population and try and get transmission under control. To me, we are past the “vaccinate the vulnerable” stage ( the precipitous drop in deaths demonstrates that) and need to get to a more broad “herd immunity” goal to actually get cases and spread under control. Targeted vaccinations might actually be what’s prolonging this epidemic relative to, say, what’s going on in the US where cases are far more under control.

At least that’s my current uneducated thesis.
    Its mostly because of the lag time, the infection counting indicating infections that were contracted up to a couple weeks ago, and then the couple week delay in vaccine protection, so that is quite the spread. Our numbers are quite obscene at the moment, and they'll likely still only climb for the next few weeks at least so hold on tight. The numbers I'm encountering again are extremely high per shift with the 30-50 crowd (one was 20 the other day), very very symptomatic, so hopefully by mid may those are trending the right way again. I hope. I'm exhausted of it just like anyone else.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Apparently we got 2/3 of our borrowed AZ doses from a plant the FDA shut down because of QA issues and the FDA is saying that they won't allow their use domestically until further testing it done. Same plant that fudged up 15 million J&J doses.

Not sure if we should too eager to get our hands on it when the issues include inadequate training, inadequate cleaning to prevent contamination that could affect drug safety, identity, strength, quality and purity and things like damaged walls and peeling paint.

Sounds very Canadian.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So does that mean these doses cure autism instead of causing it?

Can I drink cow milk again?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post

I mean... kind of. The FDA didn't shut the plant down, they did an inspection and found issues that "could potentially affect the quality of the products it made". The plant voluntarily shut down Wednesday to address the issues the FDA highlighted and they agreed to only make the J&J vaccine despite being under contract for both J&J and AZ because of cross contamination. Also the part you left out was that "All products in Canada met authorized specifications before they were released to the market".

Reading through the deficiencies doesn't seem like a big deal to me but I can understand how a facility that essentially needs to be a clean room would have issues with things like "that waste is not properly decontaminated before being taken through the warehouse for disposal", and "The warehouse was also overcrowded with materials destined for the manufacturing process and samples for quality control".

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ntrol-problems
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

Page 99 of 365 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast