Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 118 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 118 of 365 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118 119 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Silverado

By my math, covid has killed 0.057% of Albertans, and the AZ vaccine has killed 0.0004% of users. Roughly meaning a person is 140x more likely to die from covid then they are of their AZ shot

My Ride
    Ford/Audi/Benz

Last edited by DustanS; 09-22-2022 at 11:09 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By my math, covid has killed 0.057% of Albertans, and the AZ vaccine has killed 0.0004% of users. Roughly meaning a person is 140x more likely to die from covid then they are of their AZ shot
    The article states its the second linked to VITT so no matter the number, people have died and is exactly why there are people who chose to not get vaccinated.

I'm neither for or against but I am not willing to throw myself into the mix without seeing how this will affect people long term.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    What are the numbers though when put in perspective? Deaths from covid if under 70 and not VitD deficient is like what 0.00000000000001% ? I don't know if there is a specific demographic or age group that has died from vaccine?

The funny thing about this vaccine argument, is that the hardcore vaccine pushers are just as ignorant as the anti-vaxxers, they're just on the opposite side of the spectrum. There is nobody that can claim with 100% certainty that the vaccines have no risks. Even if the data now shows low risks, there was a time when Asbestos was considered safe to inhale. 20 years later, what do you know, cancer. Do I think it is likely there will be bad long term effects from the vaccine? No I'm not worried about it. However, I also know that my risks from covid are ridiculously low based on my stats, and I also have an extremely low likelihood of even contracting covid. So it's not hard to see why there is vaccine hesitancy from some people if you actually consider a balanced outlook on the situation.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    The article states its the second linked to VITT so no matter the number, people have died and is exactly why there are people who chose to not get vaccinated.

I'm neither for or against but I am not willing to throw myself into the mix without seeing how this will affect people long term.
    Do you understand that many more people - like orders of magnitude - are dying and probably have long term effects due to catching the virus? How does this not factor into your decision?

You might have to google "orders of magnitude" to understand my statement actually.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I know the virus scares me more than the shot.
    Anyone worried about blood clots, which are dangerous with a healthy person, or with the virus, or with the shot, you could take half an asprin every 2 days and lower your risk considerably.

Name:  thanks-dr-nick.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  42.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Maybe someone knows for certain but if you contracted covid 19 and recovered without experiences major illness is there a point to get the vaccine?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

AHS reccomends that you get vaccinated.

Is there a point in NOT getting vaccinated? None that I can think of.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Some pointless stats:

Canada has now tied the US in doses per day (per capita) over the past 7 days. The US really is falling off a cliff for giving out doses.Theyve fallen from 3m+ doses per day to less than 1m yesterday.

Also Canada continues to close the gap in 1st doses, less than 10% behind the US now and with the doses on hand plus this week's deliveries from Pfizer and Moderna, Canada has enough doses to pass the US.

Crazy how things are shifting quickly.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Maybe someone knows for certain but if you contracted covid 19 and recovered without experiences major illness is there a point to get the vaccine?
    Don’t be a baby, it doesn’t hurt that much. Get your shot.

It’s just a little jab jab
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Will be fascintating, (and meaningless) to see what the final number of non-vaccnated people ends up being. Once everyone who wants a shot, has gotten a shot, then fuck everyone else.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Yes, the vaccine builds longer term immunity than just catching covid does. There's been examples of people catching covid last year then recatching a different variant again. This happen to one of the Canucks players, got covid last March and again this March.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Some pointless stats:

Canada has now tied the US in doses per day (per capita) over the past 7 days. The US really is falling off a cliff for giving out doses.Theyve fallen from 3m+ doses per day to less than 1m yesterday.

Also Canada continues to close the gap in 1st doses, less than 10% behind the US now and with the doses on hand plus this week's deliveries from Pfizer and Moderna, Canada has enough doses to pass the US.

Crazy how things are shifting quickly.
    Meanwhile most places in the states are wide open, life as normal.

We are going back into lock down.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Even if the data now shows low risks, there was a time when Asbestos was considered safe to inhale. 20 years later, what do you know, cancer. Do I think it is likely there will be bad long term effects from the vaccines. So it's not hard to see why there is vaccine hesitancy from some people if you actually consider a balanced outlook on the situation.
    This thought has floated around with me too. Can we have some more talk about this

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Do you understand that many more people - like orders of magnitude - are dying and probably have long term effects due to catching the virus? How does this not factor into your decision?

You might have to google "orders of magnitude" to understand my statement actually.
    I'm in this for my health and my being.. I don't really care about if other people are dying or getting or not getting the vaccine. Its my choice to get the shot and if I choose to not get it because of the things I'm reading or seeing and want to wait to see the outcome again.. that is my choice.

Does it make me stupid? Maybe but again.. I don't care.

We basically live in a time where if you don't get the shot no matter the reason you MUST be an idiot or stupid.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Really good to see we are now at 30%+ Vaccinated in every age category north of 40 and 55% of people over 40 are vaccinated ( you know, the old people ). Aside from young people we are really spitting on something close to herd immunity levels.

It’s funny, but it really feels like we are doing more lock downs just when we should be expecting things to get better. Maybe we aren’t but I’m not nearly as pessimistic about the near term numbers are some people seem to be.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I'm in this for my health and my being.. I don't really care about if other people are dying or getting or not getting the vaccine. Its my choice to get the shot and if I choose to not get it because of the things I'm reading or seeing and want to wait to see the outcome again.. that is my choice.

Does it make me stupid? Maybe but again.. I don't care.

We basically live in a time where if you don't get the shot no matter the reason you MUST be an idiot or stupid.
    I don't think this. I don't really care what people do. As long as they just stay the fuck away from me. Vaccinated or not.

Also, am i wrong to think that fast food and food service workers should continue to mask after this pandemic plays out? Discuss.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I don't think this. I don't really care what people do. As long as they just stay the fuck away from me. Vaccinated or not.

Also, am i wrong to think that fast food and food service workers should continue to mask after this pandemic plays out? Discuss.
    Only if a microphone is put inside their mask so we can hear their mumble speak better.

Really good to see we are now at 30%+ Vaccinated in every age category north of 40 and 55% of people over 40 are vaccinated ( you know, the old people ). Aside from young people we are really spitting on something close to herd immunity levels.

It’s funny, but it really feels like we are doing more lock downs just when we should be expecting things to get better. Maybe we aren’t but I’m not nearly as pessimistic about the near term numbers are some people seem to be.
    What % of immune population (vaxxed or had virus) do you think we need to get to herd immunity?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Honestly I think we have reached a golden societal opportunity with all this.

From now on every job application should include a simple question of “Did you or did you not get your Covid vaccine when offered in 2021”. An answer of no should preclude you from ever working in a position that requires any semblance of critical thought.

Bonus points, we should put it on ballots to see who should be allowed to vote.

fact.

Page 118 of 365 FirstFirst ... 108 117 118 119 128 ... LastLast