Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 53 of 365 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except most Canadian retirees are on a very limited fixed income and can't afford to hang out in the US for two weeks, and then another week at Hotel Covid when they come back to Canada.
    It's almost like having $10 is in some ways better than having $5.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Except most Canadian retirees are on a very limited fixed income and can't afford to hang out in the US for two weeks, and then another week at Hotel Covid when they come back to Canada.
    If it wasn’t for the cost of Canadian healthcare they probably could have afforded to.

Canadian healthcare strikes again.

Besides, it’s been well established hotel covid is an optional feel good policy.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Pfizer/Moderna supplies seem to be running low and/or uptake is higher than expected - Co-Op canceled my in-laws' appointment for the 29th as they don't expect to have any doses available.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Rich people getting vaccinated elsewhere just shortens the line for the poor people who don't. Literal win-win.
    It's why I laugh at people bitching about our socialized system. You can still buy all the better health care you can want an hours flight away, but are still covered here at home if you've lost you're job and fallen on hard time, so as you say, it is win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If it wasn’t for the cost of Canadian healthcare they probably could have afforded to.

Canadian healthcare strikes again.
    Americans pay more for public healthcare than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Pfizer/Moderna supplies seem to be running low and/or uptake is higher than expected - Co-Op canceled my in-laws' appointment for the 29th as they don't expect to have any doses available.
    Moderna vaccine delivery had a delay last week due to 'plane trouble', which causes a ripple effect on appointments for places since the order has to stay the same (I guess it doesn't have to but that's what they're doing) so they'll have to try and catch back up on administering doses this week to get back on schedule for appointments.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Americans pay more for public healthcare than we do.
    It appears that if you are 55 there, you get what you pay for.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It appears that if you are 55 there, you get what you pay for.
    Yea getting something for what you pay for has always been Canada’s Achilles heel.

Apparently if you want to actually get something you need to pay some more on top.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Even if they get the shot in the US they'd still have to quarantine upon return and either pay the 2k government hotel bill or whatever the fine is to fight it. Still doesn't seem worth it when 55+ can book AZ right now anyways as with the uptick in supplies it should be pretty easy to get appointments in the next week or so. Guess if you wanna go to the states anyways and feel good for going then that'd make sense.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I got the Moderna shot last Tuesday. Head was foggy for about 24 hours, but didn’t have the arm soreness that many others reported.

Even after I get the second shot, I’ll have to go through the government process when coming back to Canada. If I didn’t have to renew my visa, I wouldn’t come back until those restrictions have been lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Are they outside of Calgary/Edmonton? I heard Pfizer is going to urban areas, Moderna is going to rural. There is a delay with the Moderna supply.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Are they outside of Calgary/Edmonton? I heard Pfizer is going to urban areas, Moderna is going to rural. There is a delay with the Moderna supply.
    The appointment was in Strathmore, so that tracks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Rich people getting vaccinated elsewhere just shortens the line for the poor people who don't. Literal win-win.
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ce...133848468.html

YMMV

https://www.wionews.com/world/how-pf...accines-366037

Interesting how a Company can force a country in exchange for getting the vaccine to be compensated for any future civil lawsuits, or in the case of any side effects, to be excepted from any civil liability.

Why are cheap therapeutics with no side effects are pushed away, and vaccines which is the only product where the manufacturer has NO liability and is coerced and mandated? And you'll need dose after dose after dose. $$$. Vaccines take decades to develop and tested long-term for effects. What's to say today nothing will happen aside from those that have already died, or suffered serious neurological side effects. What will happen in the future? Smokes don't cause you to die today. What will an experiment on human guinea pigs do?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

What are you knee-jerk reactions to this scenario an associate is facing:

Coles notes is employer sends all staff an email saying that while there may be some legalities around the situation, they are strongly encouraging all staff to obtain vaccine when available and strongly encouraging them to provide proof of said vaccination to employer once received. There's additional verbiage that bounces back and forth between shaming/guilting and veiled threats around employment security due to non-compliance along with things like the only acceptable reason to not get it is for medical reasons and proof of reason can/should be confidentially provided to employer.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If my employers asks me, I will be happy to verbally tell them I am vaccinated, when I have done so. I do not plan to provide my medical records to my employer in this, or any other case.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

If my employers asks me, I will be happy to verbally tell them I am vaccinated, when I have done so. I do not plan to provide my medical records to my employer in this, or any other case.
    What do you do in such a heavy-handed scenario though? I suspect this won't be an isolated incident as this whole situation continues. I am unsure how to advise the person. I have my own opinions but....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have told my bosses to go fuck themselves before, and if I was faced with the scenario I described, I would probably do it again. I have no problem getting vaccinated, or even letting my boss know verbally what my vaccination status is, but I don't think I would want to provide my medical records to my employer.

This is the kind of dystopian shit that I think of when people talk of "vaccination passports".
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    What do you do in such a heavy-handed scenario though? I suspect this won't be an isolated incident as this whole situation continues. I am unsure how to advise the person. I have my own opinions but....
    Personally, I'd be taking a wait and see approach. Keep an electronic and hard copy of all the correspondence related to it and see if they do eventually make continued employment contingent on supplying vaccination records that mesh with their expectation. I'd expect that there will be plenty of cases coming up that will define this.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    First if this is a unionized shop, it's covered under collective agreement. You must do what's in the agreement.

If it's not, the employer must make reasonable accommodation base on protected Human Right grounds (ie if you can prove your religion is antivax, they can't force it on you). And that accommodation could be forcing the employee to keep on wearing PPE and mask or forever WFH for "their protection". But it will be like wearing a dunce hat when everyone get to take their masks off.

I think that's the baseline on legality. Culturally how it goes it's really up the each companies HR dept working it out with executives/CEO/lawyers.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-22-2021 at 03:28 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    First if this is a unionized shop, it's covered under collective agreement. You must do what's in the agreement.

If it's not, the employer must make reasonable accommodation base on protected Human Right grounds (ie if you can prove your religion is antivax, they can't force it on you). And that accommodation could be forcing the employee to keep on wearing PPE and mask or forever WFH for "their protection". But it will be like wearing a dunce hat when everyone get to take their masks off.

I think that's the baseline on legality. Culturally how it goes it's really up the each companies HR dept working it out with executives/CEO/lawyers.
    Correspondence is from a Lawyer which adds interesting flavour to it for me.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 53 of 365 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast