Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 121 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 121 of 365 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I feel bad for the pharmacies. They have the skills to help out a lot, and most are trying really hard, but they were always second in line for information and supply. I don't know what percentage of shots have taken place at local pharmacies, but it's probably pretty significant, and I'm sure it is really useful "surge" capacity at times when the supply is high.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Too slow..... there was a slot at Brentwood tomorrow but disappeared before I checked out. Still got a spot for May 26th.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Once everyone who wants the vaccine has received it who cares about everyone else? Seriously. Open shit back up and let heard immunity naturally take place. I assume that's the plan, no?
    I think it kinda has to be. Between businesses folding, government bailouts, and people having mental issues and losing all their savings, this pandemic has come at a brutal cost. I'm sure nobody wants these restrictions to last any longer than they have to, so the government is going to have to draw a concrete line. Once everyone who wants to be is vaccinated, that point in time seems like the logical place to draw it.

Like you, I don't exactly care about the nay-sayers by this point. To begin with, they are partially a direct contributing factor as to why we are in this mess in the first place. So if they don't want the vaccine, that's up to them, but we aren't going to let our citizens continue to suffer due to their lack of education, intelligence or empathy. Fuck 'em.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I feel bad for the pharmacies. They have the skills to help out a lot, and most are trying really hard, but they were always second in line for information and supply. I don't know what percentage of shots have taken place at local pharmacies, but it's probably pretty significant, and I'm sure it is really useful "surge" capacity at times when the supply is high.
    They are being compensated for their service. I don’t feel bad.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

They are being compensated for their service. I don’t feel bad.
    I'm sure they are paid per shot. But they actually are incurring costs even when they can't give shots, or even locations that have chosen not to give shots. It's not the end of the world, but not ideal either. Probably a problem that government largesse could solve, but I know nobody on this forum would like that.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrema View Post
    too slow..... There was a slot at brentwood tomorrow but disappeared before i checked out. Still got a spot for may 26th.
    ahs?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    On the phone w/ shoppers in West Springs. Tried 5x with busy signal, finally sat on hold for a bit. Person who answered said they haven't gotten any news yet and will put me on a waitlist until they "get news"? Seems like they don't know wtf is going on.

edit: by the time I got off hold, they agreed to book me but earliest availability is May 22. According to the website they had open spots today when I originally made this post haha.
    For things like this its better to announce it publically then send out notices shortly after. The conference is literally live a few minutes ago discussing this so just give it until the end of the day. Thats when AB sends out the email updates to the public as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Going to be even more salty teachers now. Their "priority" access lasted all of two days
    They should be able to book in appointments within a few days anyways. Once its general public we'll probably see bookings a few weeks out so they still get in much sooner. If teachers actually jumped on the gun when eligible there's no reason they couldn't have gotten the shot this weekend or early next week. With a 2 week school shutdown thats time to build some immunity.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    ahs?
    ahs

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I think it kinda has to be. Between businesses folding, government bailouts, and people having mental issues and losing all their savings, this pandemic has come at a brutal cost. I'm sure nobody wants these restrictions to last any longer than they have to, so the government is going to have to draw a concrete line. Once everyone who wants to be is vaccinated, that point in time seems like the logical place to draw it.

Like you, I don't exactly care about the nay-sayers by this point. To begin with, they are partially a direct contributing factor as to why we are in this mess in the first place. So if they don't want the vaccine, that's up to them, but we aren't going to let our citizens continue to suffer due to their lack of education, intelligence or empathy. Fuck 'em.
    I agree. Although I think the caveat will have to be that ICU numbers have to go down first, which would probably delay that timeline by a few weeks.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    The article states its the second linked to VITT so no matter the number, people have died and is exactly why there are people who chose to not get vaccinated.

I'm neither for or against but I am not willing to throw myself into the mix without seeing how this will affect people long term.
    My 93 yr old grandma is also worried about the long term effects and won't get vaccinated?!
    C'mon grandma, you've got maybe 7-8 yrs left max. Legit probably < 2.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    There's some encouraging signs that they will be opening up vaccinations to 12+ eventually. But probably be months.
    My oldest just became eligible as of today based on age, my youngest still has a long way before she’s eligible
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    My oldest just became eligible as of today based on age, my youngest still has a long way before she’s eligible
    12+ as of Monday. 6 months+ is in the works but probably going to be August/September unfortunately. Hopefully sooner.

I imagine by the time I get around to booking tomorrow or later it will be a long time before I can get an appointment.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This week: 236k Pfizer + 116k Moderna
    Next week (and all the weeks in May): 236k Pfizer
    Update to this as Moderna announced another shipment of 1m doses to Canada.

Week of May 3rd: Pfizer (236k) arrived in the province today and Moderna (116k) have arrived in Canada so we'll receive it in a few days [8% of Alberta]
    Week of May 10th: Pfizer (236k) [5.5% of AB]
    Week of May 17th: Pfizer (236k) + Moderna (116k) has now confirmed [8% of Alberta]
    Week of May 24th: Pfizer (236k) [5.5% of AB]
    Week of June 7th: Pfizer (282k) [5.5% of AB]
    Week of June 14th: Pfizer (283k) [5.5% of AB]
    Week of June 21st: Pfizer (282k) [5.5% of AB]
    Week of June 28th: Pfizer (283k) [5.5% of AB]

Moderna is still set to deliver an additional 6.5 million doses to Canada (758k to Alberta) by end of June though hasn't scheduled deliveries past the 17th of May yet. [17.6% of AB]

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I imagine by the time I get around to booking tomorrow or later it will be a long time before I can get an appointment.
    Log on to AHS site early at 8am tomorrow, book the earliest you can and confirm it. Then throughout the next few days afterwards randomly check in and see if there are earlier appointments. There’s always cancellations so if you just refresh and are patient you will very likely be able to find a sooner one.

This is what I did for my dad, mom in law, myself, and wife. Worked all 4 times. May be tougher now since you’re competing against younger folks who are more tech savvy but it should still be possible if you’re on top of it

My Ride
    Bicycle

Will this help or work?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I wonder if I'll have better luck with the Rexall Waitlist system vs. AHS tomorrow. I already signed up for the wait list last week, but I imagine there are a ton of people backlogged.

We'll find out soon.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a younger relative that signed up just now. Not sure through what system, but they hate the phone, so must be a website somewhere.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Log on to AHS site early at 8am tomorrow, book the earliest you can and confirm it. Then throughout the next few days afterwards randomly check in and see if there are earlier appointments. There’s always cancellations so if you just refresh and are patient you will very likely be able to find a sooner one.

This is what I did for my dad, mom in law, myself, and wife. Worked all 4 times. May be tougher now since you’re competing against younger folks who are more tech savvy but it should still be possible if you’re on top of it
    Fuck it, book today. Not like you need anything to show you are a 30 year old teacher vs a 30 year old engineer. By the time you get the shot later this week it will all be interspersed anyways

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Fuck it, book today. Not like you need anything to show you are a 30 year old teacher vs a 30 year old engineer. By the time you get the shot later this week it will all be interspersed anyways
    Yes this, my metis brother.

Page 121 of 365 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast