Quantcast
2021 Resolutions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: 2021 Resolutions

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Honestly 2020 for me has been pretty rad with the whole not having to see people and spending more time with my wife and kids. I'd like to make sure I am maintaining that relationship and not getting too caught up in work. When we're free to see people again I want to make sure I am taking the kids to see aunts, uncles, and grand parents more because everyone has missed out on some formative time together.

    Personally I also want to get much better at running my wood CNC, particularly in trouble shooting shitty cuts because I seem to be making quite a few of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,738
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    What happened to fitness or are we all too old now?
    Let's get JACKED
    I'm flabby now still waiting for my fucking cage to show up.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Lots of goals this year as I quit my job and will have lots of time:

    1. Drink less
    2. Big 3 over 1000 (weightlifting/fitness)
    3. Learn Spanish
    4. Learn/Practice Japanese Joinery/Carpentry (build a tool chest)
    5. Read a book a week.
    Last edited by davidI; 12-16-2020 at 04:24 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to fitness or are we all too old now?
    Let's get JACKED
    I'm flabby now still waiting for my fucking cage to show up.
    Oh man I’ve packed on 5-6 lbs of pure fat during this lock down. Metabolism has completely stalled with no exercises since March. Gonna start taking the stairs 22 flights every other day to see where it goes.

    That first deadlift is gonna be so special. I fkn miss doing that. That and bench is all this man needs lol but I’m also turning 40, dad bod acceptable since Abs didn’t get me anywhere. Girls just didn’t care for them like I thought they would hahaha

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton area
    My Ride
    Has wheels
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to fitness or are we all too old now?
    Let's get JACKED
    I'm flabby now still waiting for my fucking cage to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of goals this year as I quit my job and will have lots of time:

    1. Drink less
    2. Big 3 over 1000 (weightlifting/fitness)
    3. Learn Spanish
    4. Learn/Practice Japanese Joinery/Carpentry (build a tool chest)
    5. Read a book a week.
    I've put on way too much weight over the last couple years. Still blaming covid though
    So getting into better overall health.
    Continue getting stronger (I want gyms open back up asap). My big 3 total is probably right around 1000 currently, give or take a few pounds. (I've always liked training for strength, not physique haha)
    Read more
    Get out of the house more

    Probably a few other things I could add but that's what I thought of off top of my head.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    car2go
    Posts
    2,816
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly 2020 for me has been pretty rad with the whole not having to see people and spending more time with my wife and kids. I'd like to make sure I am maintaining that relationship and not getting too caught up in work. When we're free to see people again I want to make sure I am taking the kids to see aunts, uncles, and grand parents more because everyone has missed out on some formative time together.
    This one resonates with me for sure. I was just telling my wife yesterday that I'm so happy for what this year has brought. We had our second kid in the summer, and it's been an awesome opportunity for me to watch them both grow up. Pre-covid, the only time I spent with our first kid during the week was ~1hr between getting home from work and getting her to bed. I don't want to ever go back to that.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    It’s pretty awesome spending my coffee breaks with the baby that’s for sure. I’ve only been back at work for 3 days but overall that’s a major plus.

    I do like the office though so that’s a bit of a back and forth for me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    images (17).jpeg

    My resolution is to get more salt and pepper in my beard.

    Otherwise I intend to continue to be the loveable asshole everyone's come to know and love.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Lexus IS250
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I bought the beginnings of a home gym so my quest for reasonably priced plates begins!

    Started off with some from here... still awaiting a pickup response... https://www.squatrackscanada.com/

    I know, I know, I'm too ambitious

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one resonates with me for sure. I was just telling my wife yesterday that I'm so happy for what this year has brought. We had our second kid in the summer, and it's been an awesome opportunity for me to watch them both grow up. Pre-covid, the only time I spent with our first kid during the week was ~1hr between getting home from work and getting her to bed. I don't want to ever go back to that.
    We had our daughter the day before shit locked down (March 15) so I got to spend 4 months of uninterrupted time with her while also seeing my toddler's language explode before he went back to daycare in late July. Even though I took a month off with the first kid back in 2018, I'm very thankful to have had so much time with them both. Minus the whole "not getting paid" thing, I've really enjoyed this year and I hope to take lots of those elements into 2021 (like daily sweatpants lyfe).
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    e70 35d
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'm getting married, and buying a house in 2021!

    I'd like to get back on the exercise bike though
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Fully Deleted & Tuned E70 35d

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,313
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Increase my win rate at the casino.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Travel for me, I need to take 3 months off before end of 2021 or lose it (not lose it, but they capped our new accrual to 5 weeks, after that you don't get any more vacation). I hope to travel to Japan (was supposed to go last October), Mexico (was supposed to be there now), and Russia (visit motherland, collect my cut from the Solarwinds hack). If things aren't looking that good come mid-year, I plan on drive across Canada for like a month, all the way to the east coast.

    Also, cut down on my crippling hentai addiction.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,585
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    2 months for a Calgary to Halifax to Yellowstone to Calgary loop.

    That shit sounds like a nice little getaway. Maybe don't take a cellphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    POS
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I just got rid of my big home gym setup with almost 500lbs in olympic plates and replaced it with one of those all in one system with a plate stack so I'm hoping the to use it more frequently. The heavy training days are long gone for me and it's all about maintaining a healthy lifestyle now.
    Other things:
    Spend more time with family
    Do more cycling
    Go on more mini vacations
    Win the lottery

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Airdrie
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1. To NOT partake in debates/discussions/arguments about anything that's controversial with strangers on the internet (if I wouldn't talk about it at work, I won't talk about it with strangers)
    2. To NOT partake in debates/discussions/arguments about anything that's controversial with my wife (the 'ol sayings, "Even if you're right, you're wrong" and "A happy wife is a happy life" are so true, I need to focus and not get sucked into it by the evil woman no matter how hard she tries, I even saw a news segment this year with an old couple that's been married for some ridiculous amount of decades, they asked the husband what the secret was, his answer, smile and nod).
    3. Like MaxBoost, I am 40 now and the past few years I've already focused a lot on being healthier, esp with eating, and I THINK this is the year I actually go full-out and cut out junk food (I rarely eat it during the day, but at night, after smoking some weed, I LOVE indulging...I will try and find NON junk food that tastes just as amazing while high lol)
    Last edited by JohnnyHockey13; 12-30-2020 at 11:26 PM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    - No eating at any restaurant that has a drive thru
    - Cook at home at least 4 times a week
    - Get back to actually studying and playing more poker once casinos reopen
    - Less posting about useless shit on Facebook, regardless of correctness
    - 25 nights camping in the trailer
    Last edited by FraserB; 12-30-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,585
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - 25 nights camping in the trailer
    I support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    The way the job market is going 365 days seems like an attainable goal
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    A mod may or may not have told me that they might some day turn the Campus Chat forum into something like a Coronavirus forum if required.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New years resolutions

    By schurchill39 in forum General
    Replies: 50
    Latest Threads: 01-08-2006, 01:17 PM
  2. New Years resolutions for 2005...

    By Kaos in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Latest Threads: 12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
  3. What are your new years resolutions for 2004?

    By CelicaST-162 in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 01-02-2004, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •