Quantcast
Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID? - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID?

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Covid went through our house in Nov. Teenager, myself and my wife got it. Didn't test the kids who are 1 & 2. End of December into January the youngest kids get the stomach flu and entire house ended up projectile vomiting everywhere. Wife and kids have seemed under the weather since this happened.

Fast forward to this Sunday my teenager gets sick out of nowhere and tests positive again. Our 1 yr old ends up testing positive on Tues as do I.

My only issue so far is a scratchy throat. My teenager was out of commission for 3 days but seems good now. 1 yr old ran a fever for a bit but seems good.

Been a ridiculous few weeks for our house. So far wife is still negative surprisingly.
    You've basically described our house in November and December.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Update: Been almost 24 hrs since last test, which was negative. Test result just now....................... negative.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Update: Been almost 24 hrs since last test, which was negative. Test result just now....................... negative.
    Don't live and die by antigen test. There are tons of report of false negatives even before Omi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...uracy-omicron/

The promise of at-home tests to tell people whether they are infectious has been undercut not just by anecdotal reports like MacInnes’s, but also by preliminary data that suggests some of the rapid tests may be less sensitive to the now-dominant omicron variant. Studies suggest they detect infections most reliably two to five days after exposure in people with high viral loads who are experiencing symptoms, which is why people are urged to take the tests serially. But even then, they are not foolproof. And for those who have taken pains to find out whether their sniffle and sore throat might be harbingers of covid-19 to protect others, contradictory test results are often dismaying.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-19-2022 at 05:12 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Don't live and die by antigen test. There are tons of report of false negatives even before Omi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...uracy-omicron/
    I agree 100%. The fact that I share a symptom with the ol' ball and chain tells me that I do have it. Perhaps it is just too early yet to get a positive? Perhaps it was a false negative? I'm down to three tests left and none to be found anywhere tho. Everything about this pandemic has been botched right from the start lol.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Next time try swabbing your throat before your nostril. Had a few people say they kept testing negative but did a throat swab with the kits and it went straight positive. One of our extended family tested positive via regular nostril test on day 8 of her symptoms. Pretty stupid.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I agree 100%. The fact that I share a symptom with the ol' ball and chain tells me that I do have it. Perhaps it is just too early yet to get a positive? Perhaps it was a false negative? I'm down to three tests left and none to be found anywhere tho. Everything about this pandemic has been botched right from the start lol.
    They were hesitant to hand antigen test out during the 1st few waves due to this issue. But I believe they got desperate with Omi wave and even if it means it keep 10% people home, it's better than nothing.

My buddy got positive around 4 days in after having lunch with his bro. His bro was asymptomatic but tested positive 2 days before him and he's in food business facing the public so he's doing dailies. After PCR, AHS won't tell them what they got tho but money is on Omi.

I don't think there is escape from this one. Also think it will serve as a good contrast to what happen when there is no lockdown.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-19-2022 at 05:55 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

My workplace which has been in the office all pandemic (because 'essential to our productivity') is getting destroyed this week as well. All kid related and now its in the office. Surprised its taken this long.

And probably going to be sped up because someone came into the office on Monday (because super-duper essential) after their kid tested positive Monday morning. But hey technically they dont need to quarantine as a close contact and technically if you don't test yourself you technically don't have covid.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    My workplace which has been in the office all pandemic (because 'essential to our productivity') is getting destroyed this week as well. All kid related and now its in the office. Surprised its taken this long.

And probably going to be sped up because someone came into the office on Monday (because super-duper essential) after their kid tested positive Monday morning. But hey technically they dont need to quarantine as a close contact and technically if you don't test yourself you technically don't have covid.
    Technicalities check out.

Pandemic is over. Has been for some time.

Don’t go to work if you are sick, otherwise live your best life however you want to live it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

The faster this rips through the population the better, icu is in check so this type behaviour needs to be encouraged

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

88CRX It sounds like both your workplace and your co-worker are doing the right things. Nice to see some common sense.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

The goal of human existence is to ensure that none of us ever get a cold every again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The goal of human existence is to ensure that none of us ever get a cold every again.
    Good goal. Then ensure that if someone does get a cold, they are pretty much certain to be ded.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Granted my family got the vid during Christmas and it was pretty much a non event, but if you havent had it and someone in your house does, I would start sharing some drinks to get it and move on with your life.

For what its worth, my timeline was:
    Day 1, scratchy throat
    Day 2, burning throat, slightly stuffed up, didnt sleep much
    Day 3 only stuffed up and tired --Tested Negative
    Day 4, really stuffed up
    Day 5 really stuffed up--Tested Positive

From what I understand (and that may not be much) is the viral load has to be quite high for the rapid tests to work.

Has anyone who tested postive gone and paid for a PCR test to use for future travel purposes? (If thats still a thing where a positive test allows you to travel for 180 days without needing another for entry to Canada?)

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Update:

Was going to give an update yesterday but I just felt like shit. Ended up in bed all day sleeping. Had horrible body aches. Slight fever. Pretty much hit all the Omi symptoms. Haven't tested myself since last update yet.

Feeling much better today. Moderate congestion. Minor coughing fits. Comparable to a cold.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Just did another test. The result......................................................... positive for the 'rona.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Trucks

Update:

Was going to give an update yesterday but I just felt like shit. Ended up in bed all day sleeping. Had horrible body aches. Slight fever. Pretty much hit all the Omi symptoms. Haven't tested myself since last update yet.

Feeling much better today. Moderate congestion. Minor coughing fits. Comparable to a cold.
    Exactly the same as when I had my 3rd Moderna shot. Booster / covid, all the same shit in my books. I could have been positive too, with the family after Christmas. Didn't care to get tested.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Tested positive yesterday on an antigen test. Figured I got it from the wife since we works in LTC and everyone there is getting sick. We both went to PCR test yesterday and she got her results early this morning...negative. Still waiting for my PCR test. For one day had a bit of a sore throat so was doing a bit of throat clearing, nothing major. Did an 18 hour shift at work at the office for patch work, and just was a bit stuffed up. Overnight had cold sweats and bed was soaked, but felt fine, just rolled over to side not wet and kept sleeping. Next day wife said I had a bit of a hoarse throat and I should get tested. Had an antigen test at home and did, and thats when I found out I was positive. I was sure I got it from the wife as I work from home and don't really go anywhere...but she tested negative on PCR....so who knows. Only once I get my PCR will I know. To me this just feels like any old cold that I get every winter anyways...

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Exactly the same as when I had my 3rd Moderna shot. Booster / covid, all the same shit in my books. I could have been positive too, with the family after Christmas. Didn't care to get tested.
    My first dose was meh, second dose fucked me up for a day, third dose was meh. I was hoping that my bout with rona wasn't going to exceed the second dose level of 'fucked me up' but it definitely did.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Basic reproduction number of Omicron is very high. Unless you live in the woods and eat from the land, you're probably going to get Omicron.

There's been a couple times over the last few weeks I've had very very mild symptoms and thought I had it, mostly mild sore throat. Every time I test it's negative. Leading up to Christmas I took a test every morning just to be sure, and of course negative. We had a bit of an outbreak at work and all got tested, still negative. It's good news, but feels inevitable I'll get it. Happy to be boosted while traveling across the border so often.

From a viral life cycle, this is starting to get where the virus wants to be - able to reproduce and not kill the host.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Next time try swabbing your throat before your nostril. Had a few people say they kept testing negative but did a throat swab with the kits and it went straight positive. One of our extended family tested positive via regular nostril test on day 8 of her symptoms. Pretty stupid.
    Make sure to keep swabbing and keep sticking it up your nose until you get a positive. Definitely do not just stay home when you are sick and go out again when you are 100%. That would be insanity

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast