Quantcast
Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID?

Default Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID?

has anyone here had the virus yet?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by faiz999 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally have not but have a bunch of people I know have.

Girl I'm seeing - got it at a yoga studio a bit over a month ago, 10 out of the 12 people there confirmed positive
    Great aunt - her care home had a outbreak; 30 out of 40 residents got it, 5 deaths, and 20-30 staff also caught it in October. She recovered thankfully.
    Work colleague - One of our IT people got it and the whole department had to quarantine in October
    Friends sister - health care worker caught it about 4 months back
    My ex's work - Their McDonalds has had numerous employees test positive throughout the pandemic. Store has been shutdown multiple times, cleaned, and reopened.

No close exposures for me thankfully but one degree of separation from it multiple times.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

No, but I know a couple of people who have. I'm currently experiencing a light cough and light head pressure and monitoring my symptoms to see if they get worse, and/or are accompanied by more typical symptoms. (Fever, etc). The fact I have ANY kind of virus is disconcerting, as I am pretty careful out there these days and barely go out at all as it is.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-17-2020 at 02:00 PM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Personally no.
    Two of my friends that are a couple caught it. They quarantined and recovered. They described it as a horrible chest infection that was one of the worst things they have experienced.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

@Maxt has it. He also hasn't posted in a week...

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I had it. Headaches for about 4 days and lost my smell for 2 weeks, all good otherwise. No cough, no fever, no dick falling off, etc.

I have been in close contact with 2 co-workers during the 48 hour pre-symptomatic period. No transmission occurred both times. I’m a health care worker so everyone at work wears medical grade masks. We also insist all patients also wear masks for their appointments.

Between all of the different clinical locations we have across Alberta, we have served over 200,000 patients since the beginning of the pandemic. Of the healthcare workers testing positive in our company in that time, there was no onward transmission at work to other co-workers or patients. Even when we discover a patient exposure after the fact, we have not recorded a single healthcare worker who subsequently became infected from that close contact exposure.

Based on the recent guidance, we are further enhancing our PPE to include full workday use of eye protection.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayvsn View Post
    I have been in close contact with 2 co-workers during the 48 hour pre-symptomatic period. No transmission occurred both times. I’m a health care worker so everyone at work wears medical grade masks. We also insist all patients also wear masks for their appointments.

Between all of the different clinical locations we have across Alberta, we have served over 200,000 patients since the beginning of the pandemic. Of the healthcare workers testing positive in our company in that time, there was no onward transmission at work to other co-workers or patients. Even when we discover a patient exposure after the fact, we have not recorded a single healthcare worker who subsequently became infected from that close contact exposure.

Based on the recent guidance, we are further enhancing our PPE to include full workday use of eye protection.
    Hey that's good to hear. I know when I was at my dentist in the fall with my mouth jammed open for what felt like hours, that was on my mind as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My co-worker is still laid out for about a week now. I haven't visited this thread for a few days and kinda losing track of who is who.. I know the main covidiots are:

Misterman
    Jutes
    Revelations

Anyone else I need to keep track of? Who is on the other end of the spectrum? Can we add avatars? Pro-lockdown Karen for some and "it's a plandemic" dude for the others?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

Girl I'm seeing - got it at a yoga studio a bit over a month ago, 10 out of the 12 people there confirmed positive
    Hopefully things aren't too serious between you two. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone smarter than her.

My Ride
    *The First*

A friend's grandparents both got it. 80+, very fat, compromised liver in one, some sort of respiratory issues in the other, etc. Like, obvious death sentence.
    Apparently, it was a shitty cold that lingered and not much more. They ended up needing to isolate for >2 weeks because they still showed minor symptoms, but they're back in action now. Really surprising.

*RESULTS NOT TYPICAL.
    The variability of symptoms is incredible.

Brother got it in November. He was only sick (flu like symptoms) for a day and a half, but it's been around 3 weeks since his positive test and he still can't taste or smell anything. For a lot of people this lasts for months so will be interesting to see how long it takes his senses to come back.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Hopefully things aren't too serious between you two. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone smarter than her.
    Name:  282B2915-1FDF-4FF7-850E-67D52A39353C.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  85.5 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    oh snap!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    A friend's grandparents both got it. 80+, very fat, compromised liver in one, some sort of respiratory issues in the other, etc. Like, obvious death sentence.
    Apparently, it was a shitty cold that lingered and not much more. They ended up needing to isolate for >2 weeks because they still showed minor symptoms, but they're back in action now. Really surprising.

*RESULTS NOT TYPICAL.
    The variability of symptoms is incredible.
    Friend in retirement complex in Penticton and a couple in the complex got the VID. Wife made it out of hospital and husband still in ICU for a week now. They think they got it from the curling rink which to their knowledge followed all health guidance.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Co-workers at both my jobs caught the vid. Most were mild cold symptoms but 2 had pretty severe symptoms
    One guy got it a month ago, he felt deathly sick and couldn't get out of bed for 6 days. Couldn't even muster up the energy to eat real food so he had soup through a straw. His wife had bad cold symptoms but was able to still somewhat function (both 33 year old). Guy still can't taste food today.
    Another guy described it as the worst cold he's ever had but his wife was asymptomatic. He would run out of breath trying to get up the stairs. Still has issues with running out of breath and that was 6 weeks ago (mid 50's)

Odd how most people are fine but some people it's like a train hit them

My Ride
    something green

Yesterday I woke up and felt pretty good, my symptoms all
    went away very quickly.I am still not at full capacity, I was a bit fatigued today and only managed about 6 hrs on the tools. I've been off the meds for 3 days, i'm guessing it takes awhile to get full lung capacity back. Stomache is all normal and i'm eating again, I dropped about 15lbs, basically because I had no appetite for a week.
    If you get it, don't watch the news,it just adds stress and messes with your anxiety.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Yesterday I woke up and felt pretty good, my symptoms all went away very quickly.
    Glad to hear it. Truly, healthy people will generally fare well. There are exceptions to that rule of course, but being "afraid" doesn't help anything or anyone. Still, losing 15 pounds in a few days is quite a shock to the body I imagine and I'd rather not deal with that if I can avoid it. Nor do I wish to be the exception.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Yesterday I woke up and felt pretty good, my symptoms all
    went away very quickly.I am still not at full capacity, I was a bit fatigued today and only managed about 6 hrs on the tools.
    Great to hear!!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I thought this was worthy of a split just to hear about peoples' first or second hand experiences. Keep the mask and vaccine discussions in the other threads.

For those who have gotten it, did it hit you suddenly? Or was it something that you felt coming on before it set in?

Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast