Quantcast
Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you or anyone you know gotten COVID?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ok now we definitely need a Covid subforum
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Ok now we definitely need a Covid subforum
    It's too late, we are already all inf3ected.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    R50

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Fiancé and I had it between Christmas and New Years. Double vax don’t go out much, pretty careful. I think I got it on the 24th at dollarama, the only place I visited. Started feeling poor Sunday the 26th.
    I was out on the 30th, and had my first cough on the 1st. Omicron (can only assume at this point) hits effing fast. Took the rapid test on the 2nd day and was negative, didn't retest until the 7th day and then it was positive. I stayed home the whole time, but couldn't imagine how many are unknowingly spreading it out there.

And yes the vaccine works as advertised. Stops you from ded 90% of the time, all the time.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I've had more friends catch covid in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 years. I just wish it would hit a couple of the scum bags I know who have fake vaccination statuses because they want all the privilege's of society without contributing.
    Lagging hospitalization prediction is ranging total of 968 to 1500 in 2 weeks. Will see if any of that comes true. But everyone I know that's symptomatic got over it in 5 days or less and nobody I know is in hospital regardless of vax status.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    I was out on the 30th, and had my first cough on the 1st. Omicron (can only assume at this point) hits effing fast. Took the rapid test on the 2nd day and was negative, didn't retest until the 7th day and then it was positive. I stayed home the whole time, but couldn't imagine how many are unknowingly spreading it out there.

And yes the vaccine works as advertised. Stops you from ded 90% of the time, all the time.
    Shit doesn't lie.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Double Pfizer, symptoms hit me Dec 21, I finally felt 99% over it on Jan 7. Not much congestion but the cough was a non-stop nightmare, I was sleeping up to 18 hrs a day and still felt I could have slept more. My wife has triple Pfizer and COVID ricocheted off of her. I'd put it in my top 20 for worst head colds, so just plain bad but not horrific. Usually my colds area 4-5 day thing but this lasted much longer, and some days when I thought I was on the mend ended up being a big step back, it was a wild ride and I'm glad it's over.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Lagging hospitalization prediction is ranging total of 968 to 1500 in 2 weeks. Will see if any of that comes true.
    Here's my chart updated to Jan 6th data release. Yes hospitalizations are going up steeply.
    Name:  COVID Statis Chart Trend-2022-01-06 update.PNG
Views: 402
Size:  66.8 KB
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Got it from Xmas dinner. Both fully vaccinated, but as I mentioned in the other thread, my antibody count was pretty low, 7 months after AZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

I guess I can say about my experience.
    I got it in April (UK variant) must have been from work or a gas pump because I didn't go out anywhere that week, not even the grocery store. Wife was home with a 5 month old, so we were being pretty damn careful
    Started by getting afternoon headaches and little chills for 2 days. Didn't think much of it though as its cold in the office normally, and I stare at a computer all day, plus the stress of a new job. Went to get tested, came back positive. isolated from my family. Baby tested positive, wife was (negative and then positive 2 days later). Other than the slight fever (usually afternoon/evening) and an unusual cough that would just come out of nowhere I had no other symptoms. Wife was asymptomatic except for lower back pain and the baby was a lil clingy for 2 days, but was otherwise normal. I would get out of breath occasionally, but would lie on my back and do deep breathing exercises and it would be ok after a few mins. This went on for a few days.

I found out that my brother in-law also had it and a close friend all got it during the UK variant spike here, they had slightly more severe flu symptoms than I had.

A couple friends are pro-freedom and anti-vax (they were idiots before this too) attended a rally caught the Delta variant. The whole family was almost hospitalized, they had terrible symptoms and were having trouble breathing and probably should have gone to the hospital. Their kids were also having flu symptoms also but not as severe as their parents. They had a party over Christmas and caught omicron, more flu symptoms, but not as severe as before.

A friends brother also died from the Delta variant, non-vaccinated. Died at home as he was afraid of going to the hospital and catching it. Oddly no-one else in his household got infected.

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 01-10-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Everyone I know is double vax and boosted so no covid here.
    You guys should get vaccinated to get back to normal.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Sorry for the long post.
    No need to apologize, thanks for sharing.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    Everyone I know is double vax and boosted so no covid here.
    You guys should get vaccinated to get back to normal.
    I caught it 5 days before being eligible for booster. When I had it in 2020, I had symptoms for approximately 7 months after.

I think i got it on Friday night. Woke up in the middle of the night and wasn't able to really fall asleep. Got up to go take a shit and i got extremely dizzy and began to break out in a sweat. It went away half an hour later and then a few days later I'm fine. Took a test today and it wss negative

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

my whole family has it right now, it is very mild cough, i am tried and sleeping a lot but other then that i am fine.

If this was pre covid with how sick i feel, i would have went to work without question.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I think i got it on Friday night. Woke up in the middle of the night and wasn't able to really fall asleep. Got up to go take a shit and i got extremely dizzy and began to break out in a sweat. It went away half an hour later and then a few days later I'm fine. Took a test today and it wss negative
    Sounds more like taco bell.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I've had more friends catch covid in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 years. I just wish it would hit a couple of the scum bags I know who have fake vaccination statuses because they want all the privilege's of society without contributing.
    This. Almost everyone we know is double vaxxed so symptoms have ranged from asymptomatic to very mild cold / flu. Common comment has been "if Covid didn't exist I wouldn't have even called in sick to work".

Now here's the example for any of you idiots who have refused the vaccine. A family that are friends of friends have Mom, Dad and two grown children with families of their own. Mom, Dad and one of the "kids" refused to be vaccinated because "that's a big city problem". The other kid who was vaccinated has been largely estranged from the rest of the family over this but there was a bit of a reconciliation for Christmas so that Grandma & Grandpa could see the grandkids. Well wouldn't you know it, someone had 'vids and now the three unvaccinated folks are all in the ICU on ventilators and the other kid & grandkid tested positive but are asymptomatic. The whole thing is maddening and tragic. Now there's a kid and grandkid who could very well lose a big chunk of their family because of stupidity.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    rally pig

We have to take 1-2 rapid tests at work every week and so far nothing for me.
    I had flu, runny nose over the weekend in early December and still kept testing negative.
    Either I got lucky or I'm just asymptomatic.

Selfish reason but I wish our family gets it within the next 2 weeks just so that we can travel with no worries in February haha.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Pretty sure my whole family got it over xmas, was pretty mild though, rapid test up the nose was negative however. My boss and his daughter and a whole bunch of family got it, my wifes boss and her family got it while on holiday, incidentally we took my MIL to a walkin yesterday and the doctor was glad we didnt go to ER because she probably would of gotten covid (she didnt get it when we all got it on xmas).

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

We got hit with it before the vaccines were available. My symptoms and the wife's symptoms were virtually identical, though staggered a couple of days. Our son appeared unaffected.

Both started off with feeling fevery (but without actual fever), achy, weak and lethargic. That lasted only a couple of days. Then we started in on what seemed largely like regular cold symptoms, and lasted around 10-12 days while our energy slowly came back to normal levels. Honestly, if Covid wasn't a known thing, I wouldn't even have thought there was anything up besides a mild flu - except for the fact that on that 2nd or 3rd day we completely lost our sense of smell and taste. It's incredibly bizarre to eliminate 40% of the senses in a matter of a few hours. What I felt was just as odd is that I couldn't get my body to react to anything; I downed a mouthful of straight Franks Red Hot sauce without any kind of effect as far as a burn or sweating from the heat. Very odd.

Mind over matter?

My Ride
    06 S2000

I also caught it on the break (did I post this somewhere already?).
    No symptoms until the evening of Dec 24th, took a rapid test, negative. Headache and minor sore throat + chills.

Went through with seeing all the family because "you tested negative, and we've all been exposed now anyways". 25th was a bit brutal. Cough, sore throat, headache. 26th was even worse. Brutal headache, cough, loss of appetite.
    Ended up giving it to almost all my family I saw on the 24/25th (same group both days), gave it to no one on the 26th.

We're at what... 16 days later? And I still have a cough and fatigue. Double moderna, was supposed to get my booster on the 23rd, but the pharmacy was overbooked. Out of my whole family that got it, I seemed to have the worst reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    rally pig

^dumb question but how do you know if you caught it?
    which test did you take that eventually tested positive?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast