Quantcast
Calgary police keeping it classy - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary police keeping it classy

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, we are still talking about the winter tires.
    No what $100k plus car Buster Killramos or Shakalaka have test driven dont like but maybe are going to buy someday? This thread hasn't reached it's full potential yet then

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    It does if you actually follow guidelines.
    If we have faith in everyone in a society to follow the rules and do the right thing, cops and lawyers will be out of work.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Not true.

Covid is too transmissible to be controlled by guidelines, even with good compliance.
    When did COVID first arrive in Calgary? March roughly?

I’ll use myself as an example, I’m in real estate, I’m constantly meeting people, in and out of different homes, always out and about.

But, I wear a mask, I practice social distancing, and I have good hygiene.

It’s now December and nobody I know, including myself have contracted the virus.

I know this is not perfect science obviously, but am I just lucky?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    So the coles notes is the kids a privileged dick head with a weird name, and deserved it. Ok fair enough, the PW's should tased him lol.

But as a fairly solid Covid rule follower (a scared sheep some would say) i think that not being able to play ODR and being able to do other things is still a joke. That's my opinion. Rage i made it far enough into the thread i saw your reply, and you're totally right, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it haha

You guys probably arent even talking about this anymore though so carry on
    It depends on the rink, seems like each facility is setting their own rules in addition to the base rules from the government. Sure it could be confusing, but we're all adults here and it's a matter of reading the rules on the website + on site.

Some rinks allow hockey within your own household, while others allow with others but you have to keep 2m distance with anyone not in your household, so nothing but breakaways haha. Not ideal, but I've been out playing with the family as much as possible while following the rules. And the rules do suck, Arbour lake is great because we have 7 hockey rinks + common skating area with a total 150 capacity limit, but they enforce masks for all skaters.

The government didn't ban ODR's, they just set a minimum standard for safety, while each rink can optionally add additional rules. The problem with Ocean here is these guys had a 40+ people pick up game going, someone ratted them out, bylaw showed up and they just told them to pound sand and escalated from there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

When did COVID first arrive in Calgary? March roughly?

I’ll use myself as an example, I’m in real estate, I’m constantly meeting people, in and out of different homes, always out and about.

But, I wear a mask, I practice social distancing, and I have good hygiene.

It’s now December and nobody I know, including myself have contracted the virus.

I know this is not perfect science obviously, but am I just lucky?
    pretty much.

Or probably better to say, you haven't been unlucky.

A mask reduces your risk by X%, social distancing reduces your risk by a further Y%, and good hygiene reduces your risk by an even further Z%. But crucially it doesn't eliminate your risk. And that remaining margin is sufficient to ensure covid will transmit around the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    No what $100k plus car Buster Killramos or Shakalaka have test driven dont like but maybe are going to buy someday? This thread hasn't reached it's full potential yet then
    My next car is probably going to be a Ridgeline. Sexy!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It depends on the rink, seems like each facility is setting their own rules in addition to the base rules from the government. Sure it could be confusing, but we're all adults here and it's a matter of reading the rules on the website + on site.

Some rinks allow hockey within your own household, while others allow with others but you have to keep 2m distance with anyone not in your household, so nothing but breakaways haha. Not ideal, but I've been out playing with the family as much as possible while following the rules. And the rules do suck, Arbour lake is great because we have 7 hockey rinks + common skating area with a total 150 capacity limit, but they enforce masks for all skaters.

The government didn't ban ODR's, they just set a minimum standard for safety, while each rink can optionally add additional rules. The problem with Ocean here is these guys had a 40+ people pick up game going, someone ratted them out, bylaw showed up and they just told them to pound sand and escalated from there.
    I think I just bought into the hype at the beginning because I miss hockey haha

haha, come on......

My Ride
    Silverado

I found it kind of ironic that people were going out to restaurants right before they shut down last weekend. Know someone who did and they ended up catching it at the same time. Home depot, grocery store and dinner and in the same day so they don't know exactly where.

Hope they have a quick recovery

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I found it kind of ironic that people were going out to restaurants right before they shut down last weekend. Know someone who did and they ended up catching it at the same time. Home depot, grocery store and dinner and in the same day so they don't know exactly where.

Hope they have a quick recovery
    Man there was more people out partying that night "last night before lockdown" partying than ive seen in months

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ... The problem with Ocean here is these guys had a 40+ people pick up game going, someone ratted them out, bylaw showed up and they just told them to pound sand and escalated from there.
    Ding!!
    If you wanna break some rules here & there, I'm not going to lose my bananas. But... Once someone comes along and says "hey, you need to not be breaking the rules, here because you're fucking shit up for people who are actually following the rules" and you decide to turn into Ocean Karen or Ocean Brockovich like you're taking some bold stand against all the injustices that ever happened on earth, then I want video of you getting your nuts tazed until people can smell the burning hair.

It's simple.
    I want to smell burning hair in the Ocean.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m just going to drive my truck until the frame rusts through ( probably 2-3 years considering I drive a GM ), hopefully by then someone starts making something interesting that I want to buy.

Once Post covid inflation hits we are going to be paying 100k for civics anyway. And another 50k sales tax to the banana republic on top of it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I think my next car will be one with a small grill. Those BMWs intake too much COVIDs for me.
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’m just going to drive my truck until the frame rusts through ( probably 2-3 years considering I drive a GM ), hopefully by then someone starts making something interesting that I want to buy.

Once Post covid inflation hits we are going to be paying 100k for civics anyway. And another 50k sales tax to the banana republic on top of it.
    Is there a site that tracks basic consumer staples like groceries? I dont trust the big institutions with their claims of no inflation.

If a hockey gathering is like a frat party, when the cops come to the frat party and say "go home". You go home. That simple, or risk the taze.

Its the same problem time and again: You can't tell a white person "No" without it being a big deal. An engineer in India working for Apple taking a wage hit from $290 to $250 a month? Can probably get away with if lucky.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Ding!!
    If you wanna break some rules here & there, I'm not going to lose my bananas. But... Once someone comes along and says "hey, you need to not be breaking the rules, here because you're fucking shit up for people who are actually following the rules" and you decide to turn into Ocean Karen or Ocean Brockovich like you're taking some bold stand against all the injustices that ever happened on earth, then I want video of you getting your nuts tazed until people can smell the burning hair.

It's simple.
    I want to smell burning hair in the Ocean.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ThePenIsMightier again.

Fucker... You owe me a keyboard! But 100% burning hair is required penance!

I feel like the CPS have one way to deal with all sorts of people and that is very authoritative and intimidating. I bet if they talked to the kids differently they would get the response they wanted from them. The screaming by the female officers didn't help the situation at all and these are supposed to be trained adults. Also wondering if its against protocol to hold a taser with one hand while trying to take someone down, can it be deployed by accident that way?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If only bylaw had asked them nicely to leave before they had to call in CPS
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I feel like the CPS have one way to deal with all sorts of people and that is very authoritative and intimidating. I bet if they talked to the kids differently they would get the response they wanted from them. The screaming by the female officers didn't help the situation at all and these are supposed to be trained adults. Also wondering if its against protocol to hold a taser with one hand while trying to take someone down, can it be deployed by accident that way?
    Sure seems that way when you only watch videos that shows the end of the incident.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Containment doesnt work.
    It most certainly worked for China, but that would never fly here. After seeing all the shit we've gone thru and I still going through, they 100% did the right thing. No, I'm not a Chinese spy

- - - Updated - - -

I would tend to agree with you, except in this case, and after reading Ocean's statement, it's clear he was going to defy regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

I would tend to agree with you, except in this case, and after reading Ocean's statement, it's clear he was going to defy regardless.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    If only bylaw had asked them nicely to leave before they had to call in CPS
    bylaw was there and got told to GTFO

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I feel bad for CPS, 95% of their job is literally to deal with the bottom 5% of society. That would start to break anyone down
    After that they have to deal with the 90% of people that rely on them but hate them. People are always slamming cops but if someone breaks into your house or steals your car who you gonna call? Ghostbusters? They're mostly just "pigs" until you need them. I would be a crusty too if society looked at me like that. In the public's eyes they can't win, even if you're nice and following protocol someone is going to film you, post the portion that they want on the internet and everyone jumps onto the troll train

On the Global News story they had the kid who admitted that they refused when bylaw came by. I wouldn't be in the best mood either if I had to attend that call. That Police officer could have had someone they loved affected by Covid and these punk kids don't give a shit. Props for putting away the taser in my opinion. The fact that it made the news and has so many responses on reddit just show how people are attracted to the idea of cops being bad people
    Last edited by Asian_defender; 12-21-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast