Quantcast
Looking for some Rolex help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for some Rolex help

Default Looking for some Rolex help

Looks like the worlds going to end so i might as well blow some cash on a Rolex, only problem is the model i want happens to be the same that a lot of other people want. Ive called all the Rolex dealers in town and no one has anything yet and a guy from Brinkhaus(no longer a rolex dealer as of Jan 2021) said that most places will have a list of preferred clients they would give first dibs too. What im hoping for is one of you ballers having access to this list and helping me out, I will gladly pay a finders fee for this. My first choice would be the submariner black 2 tone but id be totally ok with the black date. Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    ute

@SJW probably has 3 or 4 for sale this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Looks like the worlds going to end so i might as well blow some cash on a Rolex, only problem is the model i want happens to be the same that a lot of other people want. Ive called all the Rolex dealers in town and no one has anything yet and a guy from Brinkhaus(no longer a rolex dealer as of Jan 2021) said that most places will have a list of preferred clients they would give first dibs too. What im hoping for is one of you ballers having access to this list and helping me out, I will gladly pay a finders fee for this. My first choice would be the submariner black 2 tone but id be totally ok with the black date. Thanks in advance
    What model is it?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Have you contacted Johnny Dang yet? He'll bling you out good
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

@tirebob https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...13ln-0002.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Messaging him now, Thanks!
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Sick piece... I have a couple connects I will ask for you, but that will be a tough find I bet for sure!

@tirebob https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...13ln-0002.html

- - - Updated - - -

Messaging him now, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Sick piece... I have a couple connects I will ask for you, but that will be a tough find I bet for sure!
    Thanks, i would appreciate anything you could do!

My Ride
    Lariat

Check out "The watch association of traders (TWAT) on facebook
    A lot of amazing pieces on there
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I would say you have a good shot at picking up a two tone sub from the AD if you are patient. The two-tone are a bit less popular than the steel models right now so if you chat with the AD and let them know your situation you could get lucky in a month or two. Most rolex models are trading over retail on the secondary market so trying to buy anything from the store without a purchase history is a bit tough. If you don't want to wait, you could check out chrono24 for a secondary market availability but you will have to pay a premium over retail. That premium is probably not that high on the two-tone compared to the insane prices the kermits and daytonas are trading at. Like 19k usd for a 16610LV, that is nuts. Retail they were like 7-8k back in the day. Im still kicking myself for not picking up a tudor submariner a few years back when they could be had for 5-6k. Now they are trading over 10k. Its nuts.

Prices in rolex has me looking at the tudor models these days. Good value compared to the big brother rolex's. (Im talking current models like black bay 58 with in-house movements)

But if you want a rolex, dont get an omega, or a tudor. Because you will be back at square one and still want a rolex.

The nice thing about rolex is when you send your watch off for services they charge you 1000 bucks and give you a little green pouch and a wipey cloth lol. Still love rolex though. My next target is a gmt-master or gmt-master ii. Also strangely actracted to the explorer 1 and air king (despite the dial) these days.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have an explorer ii, gmt master II, and a deep sea dweller.

Only the sea dweller for sale. Make an offer.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/413...eepsea-Dweller

My buddy bought this watch 2 weeks ago. Not sure if he's on a list, but just providing evidence that they can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Check out "The watch association of traders (TWAT) on facebook
    A lot of amazing pieces on there
    I requested to join last night

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    I would say you have a good shot at picking up a two tone sub from the AD if you are patient. The two-tone are a bit less popular than the steel models right now so if you chat with the AD and let them know your situation you could get lucky in a month or two. Most rolex models are trading over retail on the secondary market so trying to buy anything from the store without a purchase history is a bit tough. If you don't want to wait, you could check out chrono24 for a secondary market availability but you will have to pay a premium over retail. That premium is probably not that high on the two-tone compared to the insane prices the kermits and daytonas are trading at. Like 19k usd for a 16610LV, that is nuts. Retail they were like 7-8k back in the day. Im still kicking myself for not picking up a tudor submariner a few years back when they could be had for 5-6k. Now they are trading over 10k. Its nuts.

Prices in rolex has me looking at the tudor models these days. Good value compared to the big brother rolex's. (Im talking current models like black bay 58 with in-house movements)

But if you want a rolex, dont get an omega, or a tudor. Because you will be back at square one and still want a rolex.

The nice thing about rolex is when you send your watch off for services they charge you 1000 bucks and give you a little green pouch and a wipey cloth lol. Still love rolex though. My next target is a gmt-master or gmt-master ii. Also strangely actracted to the explorer 1 and air king (despite the dial) these days.
    I was actually looking at used but when i saw the prices theres no way im paying that. I talked to a guy at Birks and he was pretty nice and said i should head down to the store anyways to "introduce myself" and then they could see what they could do about getting me one when they come out. No joke but is that code for bribing him? i would actually have no problem paying him a fee to get me one lol I had to pay Omega $1800.00 for the service and a clasp repair last year, they did give me this red case though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    My buddy bought this watch 2 weeks ago. Not sure if he's on a list, but just providing evidence that they can be found.
    If you dont mind could you ask your buddy? even if he could provide the sales guy and store that would be awesome, it would be a nice referral to both. Thanks and no worries if youd rather not
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Talk to Seth at J Vair.

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    Talk to Seth at J Vair.
    Thank you so much! I just got off the phone with him and he was awesome to deal with.

rolex's are trading over retail on secondary market? Sounds like i need to look into this a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    rolex's are trading over retail on secondary market? Sounds like i need to look into this a bit.
    Have a look and you wont believe some of the prices. The Kermit, Green hulk and Pepsi are nuts. That last part was so fake of me lol i know nothing about rolex and those are the only 3 i can remember

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    it's ridiculous. Steel sports models that I sold a few years ago for 5K (which was market value at the time) are now selling for 17k. All the new steel sports models are selling over list and all of a sudden, everyone seems to think they are a watch dealer because they bought a new one and sold it over list. If Rolex decides to flick the switch and ramp up production on new models, a lot of people will be losing money. It's like Tulip Mania for Rube Goldberg devices.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

https://www.chrono24.ca/rolex/submariner--mod1.htm#gref

Not much you can do ...

Two tone Sub are at least earlier to get, even "fry" price is only 10-20% over msrp, (instead of near double for popular steel model) or you spend $50k on Jewelry for you wife from Birks.

While you think the frybprice for Rolex is crazy, take a look at AP or PP ...even more Crazy! (Not to mention RM)

Just better spend $10k for a GS/IWC/Omega etc ..
    Last edited by C4S; 12-22-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    https://www.chrono24.ca/rolex/submariner--mod1.htm#gref

Just better spend $10k for a GS/IWC/Omega etc ..
    I think that's the better solution. Lots of other brands out there that are just a good or better and you don't have to beg a dealer to take your money or pay over MSRP. This , of course, doesn't work well if the plan is to buy, post a picture on instagram and then try to flip for a 2k profit so you can rinse and repeat.

Thank you so much! I just got off the phone with him and he was awesome to deal with.
    Seth is a great guy, highly recommended, not often do associates actually know watches.

Does anyone know what happened to Bryn? i heard he was no longer at J Vair.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast