Quantcast
Having kids: anyone regret it? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Having kids: anyone regret it?

Default Having kids: anyone regret it?

Most beyonders seem like they have had kids...who regrets/regretted it? Be honest.

No, this is not a "Mar' scenario where I've already gotten someone pregnant lol...wife and I are past the normal baby making years but it is still physically possible. Just always wanted to ask people and a local forum is a good place to ask since I don't really know anyone here in real life.

I've personally never really had a desire but sometimes I feel like I wish I did and that maybe I'll really regret not having at least 1.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

#1 mistake: Don't let FOMO be the reason you have kids

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most beyonders seem like they have had kids...who regrets/regretted it? Be honest.

No, this is not a "Mar' scenario where I've already gotten someone pregnant lol...wife and I are past the normal baby making years but it is still physically possible. Just always wanted to ask people and a local forum is a good place to ask since I don't really know anyone here in real life.

I've personally never really had a desire but sometimes I feel like I wish I did and that maybe I'll really regret not having at least 1.
    You definitely made the right decision

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

No, I don't regret having my daughter. I regret the relationship I had that produced my daughter, but not my daughter. If I were given the choice to do it all over again, I would.

There are so many awesome memories I have with my kids that I could not fathom not having them in my life. Have they been an inconvenience at times, sure, but everything in life can be but those reasons are purely selfish lol!

Some people have kids, others get a cat.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Silverado

Well it's definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. Pretty incredible experience. No regrets.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Hell no!

I have regretted thousands things..but not being father!

I am a happy father...
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Absolutely love it.

My son is 13.5 months, I get so much joy seeing his face light up as he learns something new for the first time.
    Wife and I are planning #2 shortly

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Well it's definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. Pretty incredible experience.
    Facts.

Its an incredibly demanding and rewarding job but it's also not for everybody. Mine are still very young but I can tell you it starts out with months of sleep deprived nights (if you're lucky) and just gets tougher from there. My biggest fear as a new parent was the overwhelming sense of responsibility to this little human for the next two decades plus. It's taken a couple years to reconcile those feelings and get used to parenthood but it's also been incredibly rewarding along the way that no pet can bring.

Something else to take into account is your personal situation i.e. travel lot for work or highly ambitious with career or other things. You only have room for so many passions in life and once you have children they should and will be one of your top priorities so you'll need to sacrifice some other things in your life so be ready for that.

In normal times I'd say go take care of a young nephew or niece for a day or two and you'll get a sense of the work you're in for. It's the best form of birth control. Good on OP for asking the question.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

We are here pretty much born to reproduce.

everyones life is different.

when you get 80 years old and have no kids it can be very hard.

Think of the long term
    Time is going faster even for the young people its not always about aging

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Anyone who has a kid to keep up with the Jones is a fucking idiot.

I personally can't wait to have a kid one day but at the same time I need to enjoy my current lifestyle for a bit longer until that day comes.

I see so many people with kids early and they didn't plan it that way. They just acted like it's no biggie when in reality they preferred not to if they had a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by disoblige View Post
    anyone doing anything to keep up with the jones is a fucking idiot.
    ftfy

Somedays I miss the freedom before kids. I lost my wife this year so it's definietly harder being a single parent but I don't regret it.. Just regret not having kids earlier in life.. (I had my first at 34 and 2nd at 36)

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    Somedays I miss the freedom before kids. I lost my wife this year so it's definietly harder being a single parent but I don't regret it.. Just regret not having kids earlier in life.. (I had my first at 34 and 2nd at 36)
    Dude, that sucks. My condolences to you and yours, for whatever it's worth.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Having a kid isn't something you just do because you're curious what parenting is like. If you are unsure about kids, nobody needs to be born into an unloving home. Truth.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting kids. You have freedom. Money. Sleeping in. Having time to yourself, and your significant other. You give up a lot when you have kids.

You also gain a lot. Unconditional love. Feeling like a kid again yourself via your child. Children bring life to a room.

But not everyone digs kids. And that's o-k. Mine transformed my life in many positive ways. And I get to claim the XBox for Xmas was for him.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Having kids has been the hardest thing I've ever done without question. There have been times when I've regretted it, years even. But as they've grown and I've grown those time are more rare now.

Everyone goes through it differently. But yeah, don't have em just because you are "supposed to". That's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Won’t be having them unless I find the right partner as in someone the opposite of me cuz like Seinfeld said, I can’t date myself, I hate me lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    rally pig

dont know if you mean 2020 or 2021 but condolences man, raising 1 toddler is a lot of work already, cant imagine raising 2 young kids alone.

zero regrets having our daughter, it is a lot of work but very rewarding, nothing beats finishing work and spending some time with her.
    not looking forward to the teenage stage lol.

same thing with my wife, she never thought she wanted to have kids until we had ours.

we have some friends that don't have kids and they are happy too, it is their choice and lifestyle.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Like everyone else, no regrets. Both of us were on the fence for 11 years of marriage, with me leaning towards no kids, and her leaning towards having them. We only have the one (6yo now), and it's staying that way. If a second kid was anything like the first, our marriage wouldn't have lasted. She was a sleep depriving nightmare for the first two years, but even through that, I never doubted having her.

All that said, I'm pretty sure I'd be just as happy without a kid at this point in my life. Maybe I'd regret it when I was elderly, but certainly not in my 40's/50's

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's an old thread on this topic as well.
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/402...aving-children

Rereading some of those posts I am really triggered. Phew. Also brings back some painful memories of PPD and the days of having infants. if we had known how that was going to go, we wouldn't have had kids, and old, wiser me wouldn't judge the younger me for that choice. Of course, not everyone goes through PPD, and some seem to get through that infancy stage easier than others. Could be the parents, could be the children, hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast