Quantcast
Opinions: VR Tours for Rental Property Listings - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Opinions: VR Tours for Rental Property Listings

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    car2go
    Posts
    2,816
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That looks comically shitty.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    e70 35d
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    agreed ^
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Fully Deleted & Tuned E70 35d

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's VR in the sense that you can click & drag your way through the home. I can't imagine anyone would pay for a VR tour that required a buyer to put on a VR headset for - most buyers barely have the patience to look at a listing thumbnail haha.

    The biggest issue with the VR tours/walkthroughs in their current form is the garbage quality.
    Oh, then in that case as a buyer I really like them as they tend to much better show the space than many of the listings that use embarrassingly amateur pictures.

    Then again as a seller it may not always add value, there's some listings I would've wanted to see based on pics but looking through the vr/3d tour I didn't like the space. But if I went in person then maybe something would've clicked and I end up liking the space instead.

    I would say if there is tenants or the owners living there then it's worth it to reduce the inconvenience of lots of showings o guess
    Nolan

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, then in that case as a buyer I really like them as they tend to much better show the space than many of the listings that use embarrassingly amateur pictures.

    Then again as a seller it may not always add value, there's some listings I would've wanted to see based on pics but looking through the vr/3d tour I didn't like the space. But if I went in person then maybe something would've clicked and I end up liking the space instead.

    I would say if there is tenants or the owners living there then it's worth it to reduce the inconvenience of lots of showings o guess
    I could see them maybe being more popular doing COVID, but more to your point, the virtual tour also gives a potential buyer one more thing to potentially find an issue with. For example, good photos make everything look amazing, and then you pop over to the VR walkthrough and now all of a sudden it looks even worse than it does in person with everything poorly lit, cramped looking, somewhat blurry, etc. and the prospective buyer may get turned off and not book a showing. Had they just seen the bright photos that make every room look amazing and huge, they are probably much more likely to still be interested in a showing.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    My Ride
    Acura TLX SH-AWD
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have been actively house shopping lately and can't speak highly enough about the VR tours. Straight up love them... Photos miss corners and don't give a good perspective in terms of rooms locations etc. It has made me second look at certain houses that I wouldn't have looked at ordinarily (and to be fair... vice versa). My wife and I wanted a space for office/gym/extra bedroom/rec area... and it has been supremely helpful in understanding if that is possible. Btw. not talking about the ones you use the headset for, just the ones that you click through.

    In terms of a rental, say, a condo... I am not sure if it's that much of a value add. A house, a higher end house, possibly.

    Speaking of which... Enjoy this bad boy - challenge, find the shower room... https://3d-marketing.captur3d.io/vie...0-blue-lick-rd
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,587
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Clearly my initial comments were for the "true VR" stuff you need goggles for. Not like a good street view kind of click-around thing.

    So I take it back, seems helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of which... Enjoy this bad boy - challenge, find the shower room... https://3d-marketing.captur3d.io/vie...0-blue-lick-rd
    Found like 9 toilets?
    Where do you come across these gems...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of which... Enjoy this bad boy - challenge, find the shower room... https://3d-marketing.captur3d.io/vie...0-blue-lick-rd
    I need to take a shower after clicking around this house

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2) I think something like this would be in the range of $60-80 for a 2000sqft house
    60-80$?
    Specialized gear, plus travel time, plus setup, plus post processing.

    I'm pretty sure the fee commercially to even show up you're looking at 400+

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    60-80$?
    Specialized gear, plus travel time, plus setup, plus post processing.

    I'm pretty sure the fee commercially to even show up you're looking at 400+
    I understand what the going cost is, and actually there are firms out in Calgary doing it for $149
    But as a landlord, $60-80 is what I am thinking I would be willing to pay.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CTS-V, Trackhawk
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been actively house shopping lately and can't speak highly enough about the VR tours. Straight up love them... Photos miss corners and don't give a good perspective in terms of rooms locations etc. It has made me second look at certain houses that I wouldn't have looked at ordinarily (and to be fair... vice versa). My wife and I wanted a space for office/gym/extra bedroom/rec area... and it has been supremely helpful in understanding if that is possible. Btw. not talking about the ones you use the headset for, just the ones that you click through.

    In terms of a rental, say, a condo... I am not sure if it's that much of a value add. A house, a higher end house, possibly.

    Speaking of which... Enjoy this bad boy - challenge, find the shower room... https://3d-marketing.captur3d.io/vie...0-blue-lick-rd
    I feel like I was playing Wolfenstein (circa 1992) while trying to navigate that place.
    I like neat cars.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of which... Enjoy this bad boy - challenge, find the shower room... https://3d-marketing.captur3d.io/vie...0-blue-lick-rd
    I got lost in the basement/store? And couldnt find my way back to the residential side.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand what the going cost is, and actually there are firms out in Calgary doing it for $149
    But as a landlord, $60-80 is what I am thinking I would be willing to pay.
    Remind me not to investigate this line of employment

    Friend up in edmonton does proper 360 tours for realtors - I guess you get what you pay for...

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me not to investigate this line of employment

    Friend up in edmonton does proper 360 tours for realtors - I guess you get what you pay for...
    Well for example look at the price structure here:
    https://www.listsimple.com/?gclid=Cj...BoCb3QQAvD_BwE

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,694
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to take a shower after clicking around this house
    I made it from the shower back the the weird house part where you start.. Shower room is full of pron too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im the one with a learning disability....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Lethbridge Town House (Good Rental Property)

    By 2002civic in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 07-01-2008, 07:44 AM
  2. Rental property for rent

    By stunta666 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
  3. Looking for Rental Property in Okanagan

    By The Cosworth in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
  4. Rental Property Question

    By joyridder in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 05-01-2006, 10:02 AM
  5. online rental listings

    By chimeraxp in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 08-12-2005, 12:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •