Quantcast
Any beyonders in appliance sales? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any beyonders in appliance sales?

Default Any beyonders in appliance sales?

Super tired of prewashing, washing and then post washing our dishes with our cheaper model dishwasher.

Looking to pick up a bosch 800 series in black in the next little bit and would like to support local guys and beyonders if at all possible. Not in a rush as our current dishwasher is "working". (at least to the best of its abilities )

Let me know if you fit the bill or know someone who does .

Thanks in advance

My Ride
    *The First*

I smell Samsung.

LoL! One of my first posts within the first few days on Beyond was extolling the complete lack of virtues of my Samsung appliances. A very senior member either misunderstood or somehow took offence to my post and Neg Rep'd me. I think it put me in the red with the red dot of shame and everything! I chuckled at the hostility and pressed forward.

My Ride
    FB6

If you have a perkoloplis account, the Bosch partner discount is a good 25-30% off msrp direct from Bosch.

If your employer doesn't have perkopolis, the Triangle World Elite MasterCard has it as one of its perks.

Whirlpool actually .

Co-workers husband works at trail and when our last one ate shit a couple years ago I sent him a message asking for a decent quality at a decent price and ended up with this piece of garbage . My parents have a bosch that has lasted them 20 years that they really like. I'm game for something else but quite likely headed the bosch direction .

Unfortunately no perkopolis but that would be nice !

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What detergent do you use? Some dishwashers seem really picky. I like my bosch, feel that it does a good job is is decently quiet. They sell more expensive ones that are supposed to be more quiet.
    I use the Finish all-in-one packs for detergent and that seems to work better than whatever stuff I bought before. They go on sale at costco and superstore every couple of months, so don't pay full price and it's a decent value.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What detergent do you use? Some dishwashers seem really picky. I like my bosch, feel that it does a good job is is decently quiet. They sell more expensive ones that are supposed to be more quiet.
    I use the Finish all-in-one packs for detergent and that seems to work better than whatever stuff I bought before. They go on sale at costco and superstore every couple of months, so don't pay full price and it's a decent value.
    Using finish all in one .... The whole thing has just been a crummy unit. Would work well for maybe a rental or something but I have 2 kids under 10 and if they don't rinse something , should they actually put something in the dishwasher, the whole load might need a wipe down after .

My wife has also started making sourdough on the regular since pandemic and it is doing a cruddy job with even a bit of residue from that.

Thanks for the input. What model bosch do you have ? How is it for drying anything plastic ?

I think we might be the only people that still do all our dishes by hand. I don't think we have used the dishwasher but maybe half a dozen times in the last 4 years and even then it was just because we were doing dinner for large amounts of people and just wanted everything off the counter so we stuffed them in and carried on with visiting. The rest of the time, the wife washes and I dry. It is kind of a nice routine actually and we joke around and spend a bit of time together then with dinner and dishes no matter how busy the rest of the day is.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I think we might be the only people that still do all our dishes by hand. I don't think we have used the dishwasher but maybe half a dozen times in the last 4 years and even then it was just because we were doing dinner for large amounts of people and just wanted everything off the counter so we stuffed them in and carried on with visiting. The rest of the time, the wife washes and I dry. It is kind of a nice routine actually and we joke around and spend a bit of time together then with dinner and dishes no matter how busy the rest of the day is.
    Sheesh, no internet, and no dishwasher....

Have the caveman paintings in your home been carbon dated yet?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Sheesh, no internet, and no dishwasher....

Have the caveman paintings in your home been carbon dated yet?
    Tirebob needs the extra water time on his hands after carving tires out of stone all day !

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hand washing is fine for a couple.

I run my dishwasher 7 times a week, plus handwashing plastic and pots. But my kids are still pretty young, so a lot of bowls and shit.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I need to run my dishes 7 times a week just to keep up with my wife’s spoon usage.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

really dumb question - but if you have a 'quiet' dishwasher (as opposed to the ones with a garburator built in) - when was the last time you cleaned/emptied the filters on the bottom?

Also, running super hot (heated) cycle can remove the accumulated grease internally. Ie. self clean cycle.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Dishwashers have garburetors?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    really dumb question - but if you have a 'quiet' dishwasher (as opposed to the ones with a garburator built in) - when was the last time you cleaned/emptied the filters on the bottom?

Also, running super hot (heated) cycle can remove the accumulated grease internally. Ie. self clean cycle.
    One a week.

Handwashing though, I did that for 6 months when last one died, and I was waiting for a decent deal to show up. Our water bill went up significantly. So much that the extra expense negated the savings.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

I clean it whenever the dishwasher tells me to, which is probably much less frequently than it should be done.

Some do. Not something I would pay extra for.

My Ride
    *The First*

Where is this filter thing I'm supposed to be cleaning all the time?

*I'm pretty sure I know - I'd just like confirmation.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

We went from lower end (whirpool/kenmore) units to a Bosch-derived unit (kenmore housing, but bosch internals).

These lower end units tend to be noisy and would be good in rentals as they just munch up most things. Zero maintenance.

The newer, higher end units do not eat up foot bits, are far quieter as a result, and just filter out the larger particles through the drain filter in the bottom - which has to be cleaned on occasion. Monthly? Definitely noticed an improvement in cleaning after this is done.

Also, grease can build up if the water temperature is not hot enough - this happened after one thanksgiving dinner and the unit stopped draining. Fun times cleaning that up with the shop vac.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-22-2021 at 02:00 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

You guys actually use your dishwasher to wash dishes and not just for storage of things? Damnnnn Aspenites
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My old school Whirlpool Gold does, it's great because you don't have to clean any filters or anything. It doesn't even exist. All the shit gets chopped up. Fucking thing runs like a champ at 25 years old. With all the shitty dishwasher stories I hear about, if it breaks down, I'm fixing it rather than risking a new dishwasher that leaves waterspots or something stupid. Got no time for that nonsense.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

One thing to check on any new dishwasher is the cycle time. Some are ridiculous 2-hours for a wash.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast