2021 f1 - Page 83 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You already drunk?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    XT6

Hope everyone had a #blessed morning.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You already drunk?
    Hahaha. That was a challenging read for noon, on a Sunday. And I’ve been up for 6.5 hours lol
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    95B

Merc's protest thrown out.
    Nice work FIA.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    good for hamilton taking the high road the whole time.
    Im no Lewis fan, but I gotta agree with you there. He was pretty decent considering he lost it all on the last lap. Same with his dad, class act for sure.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    So what you are suggesting is that FIA made a decision to enforce half of the rule and that resulted in affecting the outcome of the results but since they don't know who to penalize for the half decision we should let the decision stand even though that resulted in affecting the outcome. - Seems very fair to me.
    What about FIA goes back to the previous classification before FIA decided to enforce half of the rule?
    End of the day Merc tire strategy cost them, they bet against a second safety car and it went against them. If Lewis had fresh-ish tires he could have defended against Max for a lap easily, everything else is second to that IMO.

My Ride

The Stewards consider that the protest is admissible.

Having considered the various statements made by the parties the Stewards determine the following: That Article 15.3 allows the Race Director to control the use of the safety car, which in our determination includes its deployment and withdrawal.

That although Article 48.12 may not have been applied fully, in relation to the safety car returning to the pits at the end of the following lap, Article 48.13 overrides that and once the message “Safety Car in this lap” has been displayed, it is mandatory to withdraw the safety car at the end of that lap.

That notwithstanding Mercedes’ request that the Stewards remediate the matter by amending the classification to reflect the positions at the end of the penultimate lap, this is a step that the Stewards believe is effectively shortening the race retrospectively, and hence not appropriate.

Accordingly, the Protest is dismissed. The Protest Deposit is not refunded.
    There you have it. Max is WDC!

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    End of the day Merc tire strategy cost them, they bet against a second safety car and it went against them. If Lewis had fresh-ish tires he could have defended against Max for a lap easily, everything else is second to that IMO.
    How did Merc Tire strategy cost them to loose the race? Give up track position to come and get fresh tires ? - Max and RBR would have done the opposite of what Merc and Lewis will do.
    Merc didn't loose this on the Tire Strategy , they were robbed of this because someone decided to enforce only half of the rule. Clearly Massi flipped flopped on the decision. If he had enforced the rule properly we won't be here.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    The decision to not pit by Mercedes was based on the expectation that the FIA would follow their own rules. I don't fault them on strategy.
    Lol it had nothing to do with that. It was all about how he was in first place and they wanted to keep track position in case it ended during a SC. They went conservative and knew it was a risk. Lando was in that exact position a few races back. Its always hard to be in 1st cause you are screwed either way.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    How did Merc Tire strategy cost them to loose the race? Give up track position to come and get fresh tires ? - Max and RBR would have done the opposite of what Merc and Lewis will do.
    Merc didn't loose this on the Tire Strategy , they were robbed of this because someone decided to enforce only half of the rule. Clearly Massi flipped flopped on the decision. If he had enforced the rule properly we won't be here.
    Yah but then Hami would have been behind Max with a "fresh" set of softs and a faster car for the restart, while Max would have been on 20 lap hards. I get why they didn't pit him though, they were worried the race would finish behind the safety car.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Yah but then Hami would have been behind Max with a "fresh" set of softs and a faster car for the restart, while Max would have been on 20 lap hards. I get why they didn't pit him though, they were worried the race would finish behind the safety car.
    Merc could have pit and Max would have stayed out to take track position. If both lewis and ham both pit, then they are both on fresh tires in 1-2 position. Had lewis pit, he would have been on fresh tires behind max who was on used hards. But that was a huge gamble that the race would restart, but all possibilities.

End of the day Merc were a bit too conservative on their strats and RB went all in in a move of desperation. And it paid off for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Lol it had nothing to do with that.It was all about how he was in first place and they wanted to keep track position in case it ended during a SC. They went conservative and knew it was a risk. Lando was in that exact position a few races back. Its always hard to be in 1st cause you are screwed either way.
    You said what I said, I just was as literal as you.

My Ride
    This and that.

End of the day a giant asterisk on his win is exactly what Verstappen deserves.
    Exactly. He will never forget that and nor will anyone else. He should not have won today and everyone saw that. As I’ve said before luck is a huge part of this sport and today basically fate decided that Max was gonna win. Not much can be done about that. I hope Lewis can make it 8 next year, though no one knows what will happen.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Is there an equivalent term to puck bunny in F1?
    She’s more a coug really. She’s got more money than the whole Verstappen family, not to mention having a 3x WDC father.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    You said what I said, I just was as literal as you.
    They gambled that the race would not restart. The race restarted. Latifi car was clear off the track for a lap before that. Had FIA let all the lapped cars go by, they still would have started the race. They wanted anything to finish under green flag conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Had FIA let all the lapped cars go by, they still would have started the race.
    I don't know how you come to that conclusion, that is where we differ.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Wow... just wow...

Shit got hot on Arrakis.
    Great start by Lewis, credit to him by backing off, avoiding collisions and not being bitter in the end. He tried to teach Max a lesson on who is the greatest driver. But Lewis forgot that to teach you gota be wearing a burka in the old kingdom. This an't Quebec you know.. it all about the halal here.
    Great drive by Perez, brilliant... just brilliant. He added a bit of Mexican heat to the Dune spice.

But Mercedes have to take responsibility.. no guts no glory. The rule on track position might have to be re-written. You cant always stick to Bratwurst. Sometimes you gota break the rules and have falafel and fattoush.
    To be fair, Max was hungry. He was ready to feast for the championship. Feast he did. But was it enough? No, it took something else. This race was haunted from the beginning. Latifi felt it. He got spooked and crashed. It was..... ghost of Frank Williams....

Onwards to next season.. the spice must flow.
    Attachment 103248
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 236
Size:  215.2 KB

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 224
Size:  345.9 KB

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    She’s more a coug really. She’s got more money than the whole Verstappen family, not to mention having a 3x WDC father.
    Max is the trophy husband

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Exactly . No one expected the race to restart after the SC. If Massi didn't want to finish the race behind the SC he should have red flagged the race. He was more than happy to press that button freely in the past.

Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast