Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Hamilton is the Tom Brady of F1, great driver but byproduct of a great car/team/management.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

How does a new ICE make *that* much difference in speed though? RB didn’t stand a chance.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does a new ICE make *that* much difference in speed though? RB didn’t stand a chance.
    Partly because Lewis with his horseshoe didn't need to start from the back of the grid.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I'm interested to see if there's any inquiries from red bull towards Mercedes, looked like a completely different car from all season.

Also fuck sprint races, shak will continue crying about Max being so lucky but Lewis should have started from 20th today. Safety cars benefited Lewis through out the race as well.

So I have a question for you all. Bottas's last pit stop seemed to come quite early, and he complained on radio after. Of the top 4 he had the freshest tires, only 10 laps or so on them. Thoughts on whether or not he could have made a 1 stop race? Max had already stopped, Lewis would have to pit because Max did. Would Bottas have been able to run at the front long enough to make it a 1-2?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by racerocco View Post
    So I have a question for you all. Bottas's last pit stop seemed to come quite early, and he complained on radio after. Of the top 4 he had the freshest tires, only 10 laps or so on them. Thoughts on whether or not he could have made a 1 stop race? Max had already stopped, Lewis would have to pit because Max did. Would Bottas have been able to run at the front long enough to make it a 1-2?
    It doesn’t matter. He had a cheap pit stop because of VSC.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Hamilton is the Tom Brady of F1, great driver but byproduct of a great car/team/management.
    I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It doesn’t matter. He had a cheap pit stop because of VSC.
    Wasn't that his previous (first) stop? His second stop is the one I'm questioning.. It was not made under VSC

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I had my doubts about Bottas’ second pit stop as well but they made it work. I think it was important for him to try and stay ahead of Verstappen/Perez who otherwise would have been able to catch him near the end because he would have been running in 2nd with a really old set by that point.

But what a race overall. That move by Max was quite clearly dirty and he gets a pass from the FIA. I guess Lewis didn’t need to at the end of the day but at least a 5 second penalty was justifiable.

Loved Toto’s pointing at the camera (directed at FIA) after the overtake. Haha. I guess it does appear that it’s not quite over yet. We head into the final 3 races and a lot is unknown with these tracks so definitely interesting to see how the cards fall. One of the best seasons in a long time, without a doubt.

My Ride
    95B

Lewis is called into Stewards for Safety belt breach

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Something is fishy with Ham's merc. How is he so damn fast even compared to his teamate? How can someone start 10th and finish 10 seconds ahead of the 2nd fastest car on track? How can a car have a 30km/h difference on a straight? And all this after Merc were caught with a illegal rear wing? Something is definitely up with that car or rear wing, its just whether or not FIA tests can even test it.

Fine drive by Lewis, but his car was out of this world fast. Seems like hes racing in a different formula in that car

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

He was only 5 km/h faster. You can assume the new engine is that cause. Can’t compare teammates as bottas just simply isn’t as fast in a race at least, bad tire management seems to be his issue. Ham was extra quick though, I think there is assumptions being made around the paddock, I havnt watched the post race show yet to hear if Red Bull is saying what they think was done.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Lewis is called into Stewards for Safety belt breach
    Apparently got fined $20,000 Euros for it. He undid it after the race when he stopped to grab the Brazilian flag form a marshal.

Horner whines as usual, the commentators asked him if he was gonna ask for Merc car to be looked at and he said he wasn't, but we will see. Toto straight up said anyone can look at it in whatever way they want and that there was nothing illegal with the car.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 11-14-2021 at 06:26 PM.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Apparently got fined $20,000 Euros for it. He undid it after the race when he stopped to grab the Brazilian flag form a marshal.

Horner whines as usual, the commentators asked him if he was gonna ask for Merc car to be looked at and he said he wasn't, but we will see. Toto straight up said anyone can look at it in whatever way they want and that there was nothing illegal with the car.
    Yeah. Listening to Horner in the post race interview you can see that they are concerned. With the speed advantage Merc has over the straights it will be hard to defend against Merc in the remaining circuits.
    I guess it is not over yet.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Yeah. Listening to Horner in the post race interview you can see that they are concerned. With the speed advantage Merc has over the straights it will be hard to defend against Merc in the remaining circuits.
    I guess it is not over yet.
    If Ham pulls through to take the WDC, that'd be the best comeback ever. Would love to see that. Haha.

Also, new record; no one has ever started from P10 and finished 1st at Interlagos before.

For my first ever F1 weekend Hamilton made it very enjoyable.
    That was fun to watch.

Mercedes MVP goes to Bottas for sure on that race. Fucking crazy how fast that Merc of Hams looked.

Hard to say if Max going wide was intentionally dirty. Going wide is what he should've done to defend, but it looked like he might've almost lost it a bit at the edge which sent him off track. Seems far fetched that Max would intentionally drive off track and lose all that speed. Unless he thought he could get some payback for Silverstone and take Lewis completely out of the race.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Something is fishy with Ham's merc. How is he so damn fast even compared to his teamate? How can someone start 10th and finish 10 seconds ahead of the 2nd fastest car on track? How can a car have a 30km/h difference on a straight? And all this after Merc were caught with a illegal rear wing? Something is definitely up with that car or rear wing, its just whether or not FIA tests can even test it.

Fine drive by Lewis, but his car was out of this world fast. Seems like hes racing in a different formula in that car
    A couple things. In clean air, Lewis was only a few kmh faster than max in the finish line speed traps. When he had DRS, on the 2 laps where he made his passing move into T4, the start finish line differential was around 25kmh. Pretty normal for DRS.

On mediums, both cars had pretty much identical pace. Where the big difference was how the cars handled the hards. Max’s S2 time through the twisties was quite a bit slower, and that was the big difference. The RBR was faster in S2 on mediums and softs, with the Merc faster in S1 and S2. With Max struggling, all of a sudden the Merc were faster in all 3 sectors, and Ham closing up enough to get into DRS zone. The 2 pass attempts were not perfect exits from Max out of T12 where Ham was able to get close down the front straight. Max’s weaving put him way offline for a poor entry into 1, and poor exit out of 2 and 3, which gave a close up DRS zone 2 for Lewis to capitalize into T4.

In clean air, with no DRS, Ham was only about 4/10s faster than Max, and only on the hard tires. Mediums were equal. DRS made the gap much bigger.

As for rear wing, nothing has changed since summer. Tons of photos and parts comparison every weekend. Development has long stopped. It’s all about nailing the setup now.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Hard to say if Max going wide was intentionally dirty. Going wide is what he should've done to defend, but it looked like he might've almost lost it a bit at the edge which sent him off track. Seems far fetched that Max would intentionally drive off track and lose all that speed. Unless he thought he could get some payback for Silverstone and take Lewis completely out of the race.
    Really? It’s literally Max’s MO. Move out of the way, or crash. I mean you don’t have to go that far back to see it in action, he literally did it to Bottas between turns 1 and 2 at the start.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    95B

According to reports Audi had bought McLaren group,
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/report...mclaren-group/

McLaren is denying the report,
    https://www.motor1.com/news/547922/a...-group-report/
    Last edited by ganesh; 11-15-2021 at 06:54 AM.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Max wasn't even trying to make the corner. Everyone talks about how lucky Lewis is, but Max could have easily been 3rd place today if they gave him a 5 second penalty for that move.
    https://streamable.com/zo111f

Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast