Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    November 28th is execution day.
    What's Execution Day? Is that a multicultural celebration of diversity, inclusion and the environment? I assume so, because why else would Canada choose to purchase energy from such world leaders in sustainable carbon stewardship, ethics and human rights?

How long do they leave their flags half way down after Execution Day?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Let's leave politics out of this thread please. I just want everyone here to hate others who are against their favourite drivers. Thanks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Let's leave politics out of this thread please. I just want everyone here to hate others who are against their favourite drivers. Thanks.
    Oops! It showed up in New Posts and I didn't realize it was the F1 one. I just read his last post.
    My bad!

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Won't let me embed for some reason, but this is a good breakdown of why Buster is wrong (by Palmer)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZquZxUHtC0

My Ride
    Exploded.

Last edited by flipstah; 11-17-2021 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Interesting choice of words due to the location of the final races
    We'll try to avoid the politics as Rage suggested but my original bad joke was that we're coming into a triple Beheader.

Either way, it's going to be a solid final 3 races - I was even checking Jeddah and Yas Marina for tickets with consideration of going but too costly, particularly with all the PCR testing and such for both travel and then stadium entry.

I went to the Yas Marina race in 2011. I don't remember much of the race (it's always more difficult to track the action live) but I do recall they were selling beer, lots of slutty women, and Paul McCartney's concert after.

Name:  20111112-UAE_IV-1669.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  323.7 KB

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yeah, just saw that post after hence my edit. My bad if we got into an unnecessary faff

It's going to be a spicy season ender, for sure! Tempting to go on 2022 calendar but waiting for testing requirements to simmer down.

We'll try to avoid the politics as Rage suggested but my original bad joke was that we're coming into a triple Beheader.

Either way, it's going to be a solid final 3 races - I was even checking Jeddah and Yas Marina for tickets with consideration of going but too costly, particularly with all the PCR testing and such for both travel and then stadium entry.

I went to the Yas Marina race in 2011. I don't remember much of the race (it's always more difficult to track the action live) but I do recall they were selling beer, lots of slutty women, and Paul McCartney's concert after.

Name:  20111112-UAE_IV-1669.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  323.7 KB

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Yeah, just saw that post after hence my edit. My bad if we got into an unnecessary faff

It's going to be a spicy season ender, for sure! Tempting to go on 2022 calendar but waiting for testing requirements to simmer down.
    I'm planning to get to Barcelona and maybe Le Castellet, Spa, Silverstone, or Monza. Zandvoort would be sweet but given Max's popularity I feel like it might be a little too hectic to sort out.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'm planning to get to Barcelona and maybe Le Castellet, Spa, Silverstone, or Monza. Zandvoort would be sweet but given Max's popularity I feel like it might be a little too hectic to sort out.
    I think you'll be fine so long as you don't get rained out like this year.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Won't let me embed for some reason, but this is a good breakdown of why Buster is wrong (by Palmer)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZquZxUHtC0
    If you flipped the names that commentary would be remarkably useful for Lewis' ram at Silverstone.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Name:  E02A1C0A-9556-41BD-B670-52A569506CC3.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  52.9 KB

Ya it looks identical to Brazil.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Name:  E02A1C0A-9556-41BD-B670-52A569506CC3.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  52.9 KB

Ya it looks identical to Brazil.
    I didn't say identical.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I think Palmer makes a great point of how Max was even trying to make the corner. Look how far wide he runs Lewis off the track, there are 3-4 car widths between Max and the track. It's okay to be a hater but this ZenOps side of you is unbecoming.

My Ride
    This and that.

The real question is does FIA do anything now that it's obvious what Max did wasn't cool? I'd take a grid penalty on him for the next race.

As a strategic move for RBR, does it make sense them to take a new PU for the next race (w/ or w/o a penalty) and take the 5 place new ICE penalty to have a newer engine than Lewis' to give Max a solid chance in the last two races, considering he's still 14 points ahead? Or would that be too risky of a move?

Is Lewis' new PU advantage that he had in Brazil already used up since he ran the sprint and race with it hard and that the playing field will be level already in the next races?

So many variables still that it could go in any direction.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    The real question is does FIA do anything now that it's obvious what Max did wasn't cool? I'd take a grid penalty on him for the next race.

As a strategic move for RBR, does it make sense them to take a new PU for the next race (w/ or w/o a penalty) and take the 5 place new ICE penalty to have a newer engine than Lewis' to give Max a solid chance in the last two races, considering he's still 14 points ahead? Or would that be too risky of a move?

Is Lewis' new PU advantage that he had in Brazil already used up since he ran the sprint and race with it hard and that the playing field will be level already in the next races?

So many variables still that it could go in any direction.
    If the punishment for dangerously ramming someone off the road is 5 seconds, then how would the FIA justify a grid penalty?

I said at the time Silverstone happened, it was going to come back to bite them.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

The situation this year always brings me back to the book by Adam Parr and Ross Brawn called Total Competition. Not sure if anyone read it. It spoke to not only the technical dominance you have to exert to win in F1 but also the political control you have to exert. The struggle has been that the technical dominance has been so damn high by Mercedes that the politics were maybe less emphasized.

This makes the seasons a lot more interesting.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If the punishment for dangerously ramming someone off the road is 5 seconds, then how would the FIA justify a grid penalty?

I said at the time Silverstone happened, it was going to come back to bite them.
    I don't know what you're on about. Hamilton had gotten a 10 second stop and go penalty in Silverstone in a widely regarded incident where majority of people thought he should not have gotten a penalty to begin with. The consequences of Max's own dangerous actions caused that crash and nothing Hamilton did. And in this case even though it is completely obvious that what Max did was wrong, but just because Hamilton was smart enough to avoid the crash stewards did not issue a penalty.

Basically Hamilton was penalized to cover off the consequences of that Silverstone incident because it was a big crash. The rules say the stewards aren't supposed to care about the consequences but actions themselves, but they have been doing the opposite so far this year. So if they apply the rules evenly, it is very easily justifiable that Max should get a grid penalty. He should have at least gotten a 5 or 10 second penalty in the race itself causing him to finish 3rd or 4th as opposed to 2nd. But that wasn't done, so a grid penalty going into the next race is not just justifiable but unfair if it isn't applied.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 11-17-2021 at 02:17 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

"oh no, I bootfucked the only competitive driver right off the track and out of the race, while were fighting for top position in the championship, these 10 seconds really suck"
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

"That's what happens when you don't leave the space." Max pit maneuvered himself.
    Monza was an actual ramming. Brazil was an attempted ramming.
    All the time you have to leave da space!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

If Hamilton wins this championship, I will probably take a break from F1. It's too boring when same team wins constantly, no fun. Only reason I cheer for RedBull now is because I am tired of same old. This year has been so good, if the result is the same, then it's all for nothing. Years prior I was cheering for Ferrari, anyone to dethrone Merc. Merc is an awesome team, Ham is a good driver, but let's be honest, he would not be a 7 time winner if he was in any other car...anyone who disagrees is delusional.

Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast