Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The pink on their race suits doesn't look right though. Their merch is awesome though.

My Ride
    Grimace

Update on F1TV

https://corp.formula1.com/revamped-f...w-territories/

The new version is available on F1TV.com today, March 8, and upgrades will be rolled out on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire tablet devices and Roku in the first half of the season. F1 TV for Apple TV, Android TV devices and Amazon Fire TV are currently in development and will also be launched later this year.
    Improvements to the F1 TV service include:

Enhanced technology – The new version focuses on performance and quality; users will now be able to enjoy streaming video at 1080p at 50fps for the first time – ideal for watching fast moving action.
    Cast to TVs -Users will be able to cast F1 TV using Chromecast and AirPlay (iOS) – enjoying live and on-demand F1 content on their TV.
    Improved user experience:
    Improved player controls – Users now have full control over the live stream; play, pause or rewind to watch that overtake again, across every channel, including On-board Cameras.
    Improved channel switching – An improved interface allows users to easily switch between F1 TV’s multiple additional streams: Pit Lane Channel, Data Channel, Driver Tracker and On-board Cameras.
    Improved user interface – A new, modern interface will allow users to easily browse and search F1 TV’s archive content, as well as F1’s exclusive series and documentaries.

They have been so slow with the Apple TV app. Hopefully we see that this year.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Will it work though. Was not impressed at all last year

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have been so slow with the Apple TV app. Hopefully we see that this year.
    "Will be launched later this year", so probably about late November - and then it'll be nothing but glitches and won't work.

So Apple TV in 2022 I guess if we're lucky.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I think I’m the only one that’s had mostly trouble free with F1tv haha. Running on iPad, pretty much have a race on every night at bedtime.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I think most of the issues were for the people who wanted to watch the race live and the buffering issues. For me, I would just wait till the race replay was available (not waking up early is a bonus) and had a good experience on my computer/iPhone/etc. Just needed to make sure I kept myself off social media and not check texts before I watched the race.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I think most of the issues were for the people who wanted to watch the race live and the buffering issues. For me, I would just wait till the race replay was available (not waking up early is a bonus) and had a good experience on my computer/iPhone/etc. Just needed to make sure I kept myself off social media and not check texts before I watched the race.
    I watched 2 in car cameras live. Only had 1 race this year where it failed.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Does anyone use a VPN to watch free feeds from other countries? Or does that not work anymore.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

From reddit:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    From reddit:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    $60 is a good deal I think. Good enough for me to supplement IPTV with it for the season.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I am considering subscribing to F1TV instead of watching F1 on TSN. I have ditched TSN as I don't watch much sports anyway. Anyone here just watch F1 with F1TV and nothing else? How does it work?

I only watched it on F1TV last season. It's decent. The commentary crew is the ITV guys so you get the same commentary as in TSN. You don't get any of the before and after shows that you got on TSN though, F1TV have their own.

As for actually watching it. I used my iPAD and streamed it to my TV with screen mirroring. This worked about 70% of the time. The other 30% there was way too much lag and it kept freezing on the TV, when that happened I just watched on the iPAD. This year I'm going to try something different. Use my iPAD to log in to the website and stream the race from there, apparently you can screencast from the website. Then I can flip back to the app and use it for timing or in car camera. Overall I didn't mind it too much once I got used to the process.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    I only watched it on F1TV last season. It's decent. The commentary crew is the ITV guys so you get the same commentary as in TSN. You don't get any of the before and after shows that you got on TSN though, F1TV have their own.

As for actually watching it. I used my iPAD and streamed it to my TV with screen mirroring. This worked about 70% of the time. The other 30% there was way too much lag and it kept freezing on the TV, when that happened I just watched on the iPAD. This year I'm going to try something different. Use my iPAD to log in to the website and stream the race from there, apparently you can screencast from the website. Then I can flip back to the app and use it for timing or in car camera. Overall I didn't mind it too much once I got used to the process.

The Canada support for any of the apps is terrible, they have a native Firestick app, Roku channel, etc but they aren't available in Canada, so you're stuck doing the casting thing. None of the built in browsers are compatible with the sticks either. I do have a sideloaded F1 TV on my Google TV, but you're navigating a mobile app rather than an optimized one which can get frustrating.

I just don't know why we can't get past some of these dumb hangups like inability to cast anything from my cell phone to my chromecasts, even through chrome browser. Its fine using my laptop but its just a pain.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    The Canada support for any of the apps is terrible, they have a native Firestick app, Roku channel, etc but they aren't available in Canada, so you're stuck doing the casting thing. None of the built in browsers are compatible with the sticks either. I do have a sideloaded F1 TV on my Google TV, but you're navigating a mobile app rather than an optimized one which can get frustrating.

I just don't know why we can't get past some of these dumb hangups like inability to cast anything from my cell phone to my chromecasts, even through chrome browser. Its fine using my laptop but its just a pain.
    It’s because their partner tata shit the bed. They chose a cheaper route over established streaming partners. They’re rebuilding it now from the ground up.

My Ride
    95B

Murray Walker had passed away.
    RIP.
    He was a very good commentator. Loved his voice.
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/murray...-away-aged-97/

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    RIP. Some of the best comments.

“ The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.”

“ There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post

My Ride
    This and that.

Damn Tsunoda has been killing it in testing - I am very impressed. Surprised at the under performance of AMG so far but knowing Hamilton he's probably not pushing it all the way on purpose.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast