Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34

Thread: 2021 f1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No new evidence. No further investigation. Not surprised.

Curious what they brought to the table. Might be worth some lolz.
    I don't think it would matter if they brought a signed confession from Hamilton that he did it on purpose. The FIA isn't going to undermine themselves and admit they made a mistake. And really they didn't make a mistake. RBR not liking the rules, doesn't change the rules as they exist. It sucks there isn't more penalty for ruining someones race, but FIA still applied the penalty that exists correctly.
    Last edited by Misterman; Yesterday at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The new evidence was RBR using up a filming day, having Albon drive the RBR car on test tires at the same speed and lines as Hamilton to prove that Hamilton purposely rammed Max.

Mercedes only released a short statement that accused RBR management of tarnishing the sporting integrity of Hamilton.
    Wow they went farther than I expected. My assumption was it would be Ham's telemetry data uploaded to a Sim that would show him plowing through the corner.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't think it would matter if they brought a signed confession from Hamilton that he did it on purpose. The FIA isn't going to undermine themselves and admit they made a mistake. And really they didn't make a mistake. RBR not liking the rules, doesn't change the rules as they exist. It sucks there isn't more penalty for ruining someones race, but FIA still applied the penalty that exists correctly.
    FIA needs to rethink things when you can gain a significant net benefit by skillfully punting your world championship rival off the track in on of the most dangerous parts of the entire F1 season.

Other sports would call it "targetting" or "intent to injure"

My Ride
    Zonda CRV

In some respects. I think the FIA and along with the owners are managing this as it may be good for the sport in terms of revenue.
    I mean we are all going to be watching the next few races now. The bitchfest has made the championship more exciting.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    FIA needs to rethink things when you can gain a significant net benefit by skillfully punting your world championship rival off the track in on of the most dangerous parts of the entire F1 season.

Other sports would call it "targetting" or "intent to injure"
    So the penalty should be higher because the championship rival got pushed into a wall? So should it be less severe if someone not in the running ends up in the wall? What if two people neither of whom are championship contenders do this with each other? Does that matter?

This sort of arbitrary distinction is impossible to implement. It doesn't matter who went into the wall and what the other person gained from it. People are just so bent over it because it was Max who went into the wall and Ham ended up winning. If Ham hadn't won after the 10 second penalty I guarantee no one would have been complaining.

Bottom line is FIA rules that Ham was 'predominantly' at fault, i.e., Max wasn't faultless. His fans can whine and cry over it all they want and call FIA names, ultimately it isn't going to change what actually happened. Anyway, I am looking forward to Hungary and hoping for another exciting session. Ham and Max at the front is going to be super fun and let whoever is having a better day on that day win.
    @rage2 we should set up a conference thing that you do. I will be watching on the big screen on my end, but still cool to have a 'watch party'. I just hate how it has to be at fucking 7AM our time...

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34