Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    This and that.

Max could just have as easily taken a wider turn as opposed to cutting in and boxing the car behind, I.e., see Charles. He is immature and aggressive and lacks the experience and that’s what got the best of him today. If you’re gonna blame someone for actually racing which is what Ham was doing then F1 isn’t going to be fun to watch.

And penalty should be harsh so he couldn’t win? Lol a 10 second penalty would end the race for almost everyone including Max but because someone has skills and they still pull through, it was apparently not enough? Even tho I thought 10 seconds was too harsh to begin with for simply attempting to race. He never twitched towards Max and in fact quite the opposite as Max came into him.

Anyway it’s one of those things that neither side’s fan boy’s will agree with the other so it is what it is. Bitch and moan and enjoy or not, neither of those fuckers are giving any of us anything in return of the support so whatever. Lol
    Last edited by shakalaka; 07-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t have strong opinions on what happened, but Hamilton did run a great race after that.

I think we should add tusken raiders to a couple turns just to spice things up.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Did Perez get a penalty for taking out kimi?
    Ham used the same pass on Leclerc and it worked because leclerc was willing to leave space. Verstappen never leaves space and this was bound to happen, that’s also why verstappen is so good he makes the other drivers give up before he does.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Did Perez get a penalty for taking out kimi?
    No further action.

T9, I do not like. Hamilton missed apex so there was going to be contact somewhere on that corner regardless. The main cause of this though was......the sprint race as Hamilton would have started today P1 and would have likely been ahead.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    @rage2 I just sent you an email. Did you check my email?
    Sorry I was at the baseball game and don’t check emails during a game.

Name:  CC386D08-9E7A-448C-9AC6-FE66D637F5EC.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  567.0 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I think Max has been banking on Lewis backing off when he tries to close the door, and this is the part where Lewis decides not to.
    This is the best take of the thread. It’s all about risk mitigation. Hamilton was ahead a few corners earlier on the outside and backed right off and let Max have the corner knowing max is gonna send it anyways. He knows once he has the inside, if there’s contact max will come out worse off.

It’s just so hard to figure out if there should be a penalty or not. Half the time driving someone off the road is fine, especially lap 1, then last week we have penalties for doing things that were never penalized. This week we have similar but not quite, lap 1, both drivers left room and there’s a penalty. Even the stewards judgement says max is partially at fault but penalty. Tough for drivers to know what to do when there’s zero consistency.

The whining from everyone at rbr, from max to helmut reminds me what I hated about Red Bull. Been a while since they went on a rant rampage like today.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The whining from everyone at rbr, from max to helmut reminds me what I hated about Red Bull. Been a while since they went on a rant rampage like today.
    Toto physically ran to see the stewards after Massi said he wouldn't check his e-mail to see what Toto had sent him during the stoppage.

I'd say both teams are pretty whiny... hard to think RBR's complaints were any worse than that.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I cheered for Leclerc to finish 1st for a while.

I felt disgusted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s just always the same shit different pile from Max. That’s the problem.

Does Lewis take some blame? Probably. But Max is always pulling dumb shit and guess what, dumb shit is sometimes the outcome when you drive the way he does.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

My Ride
    This and that.

Interesting comments by few no-partisan folk….but I am sure Max crew will continue to say that he had 0 fault in the situation. I am leaving out comments by Max, Lewis, Christian and Toto because we can all imagine they support themselves.

Jolyon Palmer, former Renault F1 driver
    “To be honest, [Lewis] is actually pretty much completely alongside Max – and then you’ve got two championship challengers gunning for the inside line at Copse, and one of them had to back out.
    “[Lewis] was completely alongside – obviously he misses the apex slightly and moves into Max, but Max also keeps turning in, and he’s taking a huge risk doing that at Copse corner.
    “It’s a tough one, a really tough one. I could have seen it as a racing incident, both racing each other so hard.”

Charles Leclerc
    “It is very difficult to judge it from the car. We are very low, so it’s difficult to see. Everything went very quick, there were quite a few things going on around me. I think it’s a racing incident, it’s very difficult to put the blame on one or the other.
    “Obviously there was a space on the inside, maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex, but it’s also true that Max was quite aggressive on the outside. So things happen, but I think what is the most important today is that Max is unharmed and is fine.”

Karun Chandhok (analysing the crash for Sky Sports F1)
    “Max gives him the space, Hamilton is up the inside, but at no point... has he moved in front of Max Verstappen. Max is coming in and Lewis… does appear to be wide of the apex. When they’re making contact, his trajectory is heading wide of the apex.
    “[Max] has given Lewis racing room, but he’s also, I think, expected Lewis to back out of it, that’s the critical thing. I think Lewis expected Max to back out of it, and Max expected Lewis to back out of it.
    “Max could have given Lewis more room, but Lewis equally could have gone more to the kerb on the right-hand side… If you ask me, they could have both done more to avoid the incident, but I would put it down as a racing incident.”

Alex Albon, Red Bull test driver
    “This has been brewing since race one of the championship… Part of me thinks Max could have closed [the door] to stop Lewis from ever going into that position, but at the same time… when Lewis overtook Charles, it was a similar position to me, maybe slightly different angles.”

Carlos Sainz
    “I obviously had a look at it, and honestly I had a bit of mixed feelings with the accident. First of all, wishing Max a speedy recovery, because I heard the crash was quite big.
    “The accident itself I think is very difficult to judge. Only both know what they could have done differently to avoid the crash. It was very tight, they're obviously fighting for big things and I'd prefer not to judge too much.”

Valtteri Bottas
    “I saw them fight on Lap 1, a bit like yesterday. I had a feeling something was going to happen. Obviously they were fighting hard. That kind of thing it happens – that’s racing. It can happen when you fight hard, when you don’t give up, but also I’m just happy Max is fine because it was a big shunt. But I also I really feel that Lewis fully deserved the win today.”

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Toto physically ran to see the stewards after Massi said he wouldn't check his e-mail to see what Toto had sent him during the stoppage.

I'd say both teams are pretty whiny... hard to think RBR's complaints were any worse than that.
    Dealing with race control, that’s fair game. It’s the public whining to the media that doesn’t sit right with me, considering how hypocritical RBR are when it’s the other way around.

This is a fun read from a few races ago which aged well haha.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...OMLMy9ijd.html

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Sorry I was at the baseball game and don’t check emails during a game.

Name:  CC386D08-9E7A-448C-9AC6-FE66D637F5EC.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  567.0 KB
    You webcast your kid's baseball game?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

This is the best take of the thread. It’s all about risk mitigation. Hamilton was ahead a few corners earlier on the outside and backed right off and let Max have the corner knowing max is gonna send it anyways. He knows once he has the inside, if there’s contact max will come out worse off.

It’s just so hard to figure out if there should be a penalty or not. Half the time driving someone off the road is fine, especially lap 1, then last week we have penalties for doing things that were never penalized. This week we have similar but not quite, lap 1, both drivers left room and there’s a penalty. Even the stewards judgement says max is partially at fault but penalty. Tough for drivers to know what to do when there’s zero consistency.

My favorite is Lewis at the end.... "I'm so proud of this victory."

Which part Lewis?

Punting your competitor?
    Beating a Ferrari that had problems?
    Watching Bottas pull aside for you?

Lewis has this weird sense of entitlement that comes off more like Paris Hilton than a race car driver.
    Last edited by Buster; 07-18-2021 at 04:39 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

He funds beyond with onlyfans

fact.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Lewis is a baby back bitch.

Will be a long hyped up wait until the next race, Max will go back to dominating #blessed unless Merc decides to start taking him out every race.

My Ride
    This and that.

Though I acknowledge Max is deff the favourite at this time to take the championship as their car is just better right now.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 07-18-2021 at 04:50 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yup. Webcast, not televise. Got that @killramos ?

My Ride
    ute

Yup. Webcast, not televise. Got that @killramos ?
    hahahhaha

My Ride
    Exploded.

Hearing Leclercs radio to his engineer was very interesting. So a driver can change specific parts of engine mapping settings while in the cockpit? Or was that just conversation on which map to put the car in?

Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast