Quantcast
WWBD...handicap spots - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WWBD...handicap spots

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I'll use this thread as a FYI to anyone wanting to get off facebook but want to keep their photos/vids, you can do a mass export to Google photos:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...-google-photos

This was the only thing holding me back from deleting my profile for a long time, once they enabled this feature I exported everything and said adios. Handy dandy.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Just sit back and watch the morons, don’t participate.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    people picking their kids up at school are the worst, they do whatever they can/want to get one spot closer... parking in front of fire hydrants, alley ways, crosswalks, right on the corner of on an intersection, double park, park in lots with signs that clearly say no student pickup/dropoff. I have a friend that lives near my daughters school and he has given me permission to use his driveway because he doesn't care, he doesn't get home til 5 so i am long done and gone anyway. Luckily i only have to pick up my daughter once a week, but multiple times the driveway is blocked, people park in front of it and walk up to the school, one day i parked on the driveway and came back to someone parked behind my car, i had to sit there for 15 minutes and wait because they felt it was a good idea to walk over to the convenience store for slurpees while blocking the driveway...
    Yea I get morons parking in front of my driveway pretty much every day. People are straight up retarded when you involve spawn.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    POS

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This is my point. I clearly wouldn't say anything if i didn't positively know there wasn't a card. She was obviously dropping kids off at school, but nothing to me indicated that there was a handicap kid, there very well could have been, but not that I saw. Its simple, put the card in the window.

This could have gone a different way, instead, my pointing finger caused her to knock on my window and tell me she, and I quote " has a double club foot son ok thaaaaanks" then she gets back in her palisade and proceeds to drive down a one way street, because why not, she can obviously do whatever she wants.

It does get on my nerves though, I hate not being able to stand up for myself and call Karen out in front of her followers.
    The kid could very well move and walk normal and perhaps they left the card in another car? I've had that happen lots of times with the FIL where my wife drives him to appointments and I pick him up or vice versa. This one guy from work I found out after a few years of knowing him that he was missing a leg and I was quite surprised cause he moved totally fine and even getting in and out of cars and chairs no problems at all. Unless there's a huge lineup for the handicap spot or her kids are jumping out of the vehicle doing backflips and flying roundhouse kicks, I would give them the benefit of the doubt and let the school be the handicap police. Facebook sucks, who cares what a Karen and her 10 Karen followers think about you. Just ignore and delete that shit and you'll live happily ever after.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Just ignore it. The world is full of ignorant fucks. You'll drive yourself crazy caring about what they do

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I'll use this thread as a FYI to anyone wanting to get off facebook but want to keep their photos/vids, you can do a mass export to Google photos:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...-google-photos

This was the only thing holding me back from deleting my profile for a long time, once they enabled this feature I exported everything and said adios. Handy dandy.
    Name:  4iuTRDt.gif
Views: 246
Size:  412.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by topmade View Post
    The kid could very well move and walk normal and perhaps they left the card in another car? I've had that happen lots of times with the FIL where my wife drives him to appointments and I pick him up or vice versa. This one guy from work I found out after a few years of knowing him that he was missing a leg and I was quite surprised cause he moved totally fine and even getting in and out of cars and chairs no problems at all. Unless there's a huge lineup for the handicap spot or her kids are jumping out of the vehicle doing backflips and flying roundhouse kicks, I would give them the benefit of the doubt and let the school be the handicap police. Facebook sucks, who cares what a Karen and her 10 Karen followers think about you. Just ignore and delete that shit and you'll live happily ever after.
    Yeah but isnt the whole point of handicapped spaces and placards for people who have mobility issues/limitations? Even if you do have a card, if you use it without actually having mobility issues you're just as bad as someone parking there with no issues at all, and potentially taking that spot from someone who could truly need it...

My parents have a card and it drives me nuts when they use it when they don't need it, my mom has some foot/leg issues, but it only really bothers her if she's on her feet a lot, so when they go to walmart for 20 minutes and no problem walking around the store and that's their only outing of the day i know she may have a bit of discomfort but nothing that'd prevent her from walking another 15 feet to the car...

I'd figure this would be similar to the Op's position, the kid can go to school and doesnt have mobility issues participating for the most part, but cant go an extra 15 feet to a non handicapped spot.
    Last edited by Thaco; 02-02-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah but isnt the whole point of handicapped spaces and placards for people who have mobility issues/limitations? Even if you do have a card, if you use it without actually having mobility issues you're just as bad as someone parking there with no issues at all, and potentially taking that spot from someone who could truly need it...

My parents have a card and it drives me nuts when they use it when they don't need it, my mom has some foot/leg issues, but it only really bothers her if she's on her feet a lot, so when they go to walmart for 20 minutes and no problem walking around the store and that's their only outing of the day i know she may have a bit of discomfort but nothing that'd prevent her from walking another 15 feet to the car...

I'd figure this would be similar to the Op's position, the kid can go to school and doesnt have mobility issues participating for the most part, but cant go an extra 15 feet to a non handicapped spot.
    If you are hassling a stranger who has the placard for their choice of parking spots, that makes you the asshole. No matter what you see when they are walking to the store.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes every year

I've never noticed any kids coming from her vehicle that would indicate they are handicapped, doesn't mean that they aren't, but visibly I would never have known.

Point of the thread was that she didn't have a placard and no indication her or anyone else was handicapped, yet, she parked there and I called her out on it.

What do you do? Call them out or let it be?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Calling her out on Facebook is just being a Karen yourself.

If you think she is abusing handicap parking privileges report her to someone who can do something about it.

Or even better, move on considering you don’t need the parking space it literally has no effect on your life. Getting into a pissing contest with someone who has unlimited time on their hands and gives 0 shits what people think of her cannot end any way but bad for you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Zero response is correct response.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Confront her and tell her to WAKE UP, she took your spot... tell her about all your DISSabilities and obstackals she doesn't see. Tell her it's degrading that she's judging you online.
    Last edited by jwslam; 02-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Point of the thread was that she didn't have a placard and no indication her or anyone else was handicapped, yet, she parked there and I called her out on it.
    Doesn't that make you the Karen?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Doesn't that make you the Karen?
    Ya definitely, I get that. I just hate seeing people take advantage. I have no problem confronting people, obviously, but I guess that's my problem, caring too much what fucktards like this idiot do.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I get your frustration. This shit bothers me too. Not enough to actually do something about it (too lazy) but still obnoxious and/or dumb people piss me off.

This is one of the reasons I think my dream retirement job will be working as bylaw officer. If I don't need the money, I think it will be fun driving around in a prius giving tickets to idiots for things like parking violations. I would look forward to someone yelling at me "don't you have anything better to do?" and replying "nope".

Part time of course...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

If 2020 taught me anything....

All my social media is on borrowed time. Its toxic and straight up trash.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If you are hassling a stranger who has the placard for their choice of parking spots, that makes you the asshole. No matter what you see when they are walking to the store.
    I'd never harass anybody about it, i keep my shit to myself... but i'd definitely think bad things about them
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    All you need is beyond and a degenerate chat with your best buds.
    This is the way.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd never harass anybody about it, i keep my shit to myself... but i'd definitely think bad things about them
    Yeah, that's cool. I think bad things about everyone.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I find it easy to be super judgemental of people on FB and also alot of people look for help like FB is gofundme. Recently there was a housefire in Springbank of a multi million dollar house and the friends of this person were looking for clothes and toys and other shit people need to get by after a fire, all I was thinking was these people had a 3 million dollar house but they don't have any spare cash to clothe and feed themselves, does that make me an asshole...probably.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast