Quantcast
Your work situation - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you working from home or office?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Home

121 62.69%
  • Office

43 22.28%
  • Travelling

7 3.63%
  • All of the above

22 11.40%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your work situation

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I have been working exclusively from home since the end of November but now work wants us back in the office come Monday. Not happy about that. I love working from home.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been working exclusively from home since the end of November but now work wants us back in the office come Monday. Not happy about that. I love working from home.
    Yeah, I am dreading that call. I haven't been in my office to work since October 2019. I don't want to go back lol!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    How companies are "interpreting" the mandated work from home order is interesting. Especially given that it was only a recommendation up until December where it became part of the public health order.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The amount of time I've been required to be in-person attending the workplace is shocking considering my main job is spreadsheets, powerpoint and telephone. What's even more shocking is how busy our shop and research centre has been every time I showed up. Lotta critical workers in this essential service business I guess.

I would really prefer to be working from the office though, I hate working from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Are you working from home, or sleeping at the office.

Noodle on that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Are you working from home, or sleeping at the office.

Noodle on that.
    Depends how small your home is I suppose?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Worked from home March till July. In office July to November. Then work from home late november till now. Think it will be mandatory work from home till sometime in March for us. Started to go in twice a week last week because VPN cannot keep up with some of the file sizes I am working on. Mixed bag for me, I like being at home for short stints and then in the office for short stints.

Wife is a teacher so back at work. We both wish she had chosen to apply for a teaching position with the online program at the beginning of the year.

My Ride
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Been working from home since March of last year. I can not wait till I am back at the office. Young kids at home while trying to work makes life challenging, no work/life balance, no real breaks and no help from anyone. All the while any complaints about mental health or having a tough time are met with at least you have a job, so stop complaining. Getting tired of it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DTTB_36 View Post
    Been working from home since March of last year. I can not wait till I am back at the office. Young kids at home while trying to work makes life challenging, no work/life balance, no real breaks and no help from anyone. All the while any complaints about mental health or having a tough time are met with at least you have a job, so stop complaining. Getting tired of it.
    I find the same thing, working from home with kids in the house is a nightmare. you end up being a bad father and a bad employee at the same time, and the mental health toll is huge. So happy my kids are back at in-person schooling.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    @msommers Congrats. Really nice to hear this.
    Once the lockdown eases.. we need to celebrate with pizza.
    Fuck ya

Throw in some spicy vindaloo for extra storytime material.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by DTTB_36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I find the same thing, working from home with kids in the house is a nightmare. you end up being a bad father and a bad employee at the same time, and the mental health toll is huge. So happy my kids are back at in-person schooling.
    Do your spouses work?

Anecdotally (myself and friends/coworkers), the outlook on WFH with kids is entirely dependent on whether both parents work. Those of us that have a spouse who is the "stay at home parent" (pre-pandemic) are loving it. Those in households where both parents work are finding it incredibly taxing, which I can also understand.

My Ride
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Totally, I wish mine were in full day school. One is in half days (5 yr old) and other is 1.5 yr old so at home. Spouse is stay at home, but the little one is like a heat seaking missle hell bent on stopping my work. It makes it way harder on spouse and way harder on me. Then the 5 yr old wants to play in the afternoon when little one is napping and nags until I either stop work or snap and then she is grumpy the rest of day. Its like wfh is the worst of everything for me. Then everyone is grumpy and stressing out my marriage. It was easier in the summer, where you could just pop outside for 10-15 mins but thats impossible in winters. Just ready for this to be over.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Do your spouses work?

Anecdotally (myself and friends/coworkers), the outlook on WFH with kids is entirely dependent on whether both parents work. Those of us that have a spouse who is the "stay at home parent" (pre-pandemic) are loving it. Those in households where both parents work are finding it incredibly taxing, which I can also understand.
    My wife isn’t currently working but I would still rather be in the office.

Notably I make a distinction when I say I would like to be back at the office, I mean back to normal work environment.

I don’t mean I want to commute to go sit in my office with my door shut and do all my work on teams with colleagues who are half at home half there and not be able to freely work as usual in the office without wearing masks and bs. That’s the stupidest thing I can think of and is a lot of what 2020 was like.

Rip off the bandaid and let’s get back to normal, or let us stay home. None of this one foot in one foot out worst of both worlds nonsense.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

I think spikers had an approach with a light outside the door so the family knew he was do not disturb. Right now closing the door works, but once toddler spawn can open the door its going to be different. Maybe a lock or the light.. but shes also in daycare full time, so its really only after 4 or before 8 its an issue.

Looks like wfh is my new reality as we are closing the space where my office is. Only hotel space at alternate locations.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Been work from home since Mid-March 2020. Originally had my setup my wife's makeup table for 6 months, but few months back we were transitioned to permanent work from home, so we got some funds to setup a home office etc, so now have a legit home office setup. We had a choice, and 6/7 guys on my team chose home. If we choose home we lose our office cubicle and seniority in terms of under group parking etc. Being in IT we still come in every once in a while and they said they will setup hoteling desks eventually, for now I go in once every few weeks just to hang with my buddy and shoot the shits (and do some hands on work as needed). They had us clean up our desks end of last year, but haven't done anything since, so we still use our old desks when we drop in. Having a 3x 24" Monitor setup and then working from a 14" laptop in the office sure kills your productivity

Really I find myself to be more effective at home, less distractions. No kids so my biggest distraction are the cats Wife is a nurse so obviously she goes in.

My Ride
    Ram truck and some bikes

Wifey and I have been home since mid March 2020.
    After bouncing between sharing the kitchen table and a desk in the spare bedroom, we built an office space in the basement. Has improved the separation between work and home.
    Having our 3yo in fulltime daycare since spring has been the key to all of this.

As many have said, I'm either way on going back to the office. Don't miss getting up earlier to handle the commute and all that crap.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Im WFH, wife is at the office. I dont mind it. Its quiet and its nice to be able to go make fresh hot food/coffee whenever I want. My "office" kinda sucks. Tiny ikea desk in a guest bedroom but not overly driven to invest in a better setup yet. Been like this since August.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    Im WFH, wife is at the office. I dont mind it. Its quiet and its nice to be able to go make fresh hot food/coffee whenever I want. My "office" kinda sucks. Tiny ikea desk in a guest bedroom but not overly driven to invest in a better setup yet. Been like this since August.
    You say this now but IMHO it's worth investing in a quality office chair at the very least. Your body will thank you!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    You say this now but IMHO it's worth investing in a quality office chair at the very least. Your body will thank you!
    Werd; at the end of last summer I invested in a proper sturdy ass standing desk and a nice supportive herman miller chair, like what I had at the office. My WFH life has been 100x better. If I'm stuck here for hours and hours a day, it's worth it to spend a few bucks on a quality setup.

check with your employer, you may be able to score some discounts from their suppliers.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    I hear ya. I’m having an issue where my right hand (mouse hand) has super shitty circulation when sitting in my current chair. I’m constantly fighting to keep it warm.... never have issues anywhere else in the house. Can’t tell if it’s the angle of my desk against my underarm or the chair....
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast