Quantcast
2023 s63 e amg - 800hp - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2023 s63 e amg - 800hp

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default 2023 s63 e amg - 800hp

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I have a strange affinity for sporty luxo-barges, so I was super excited to finally see what MB was going to do with the already-awesome S-Class... Seems a little disappointing. All those big power figures don't seem to add up to anything that would scare even a mid-range Model S. Of course real world tests may surprise, but the first impression is kind of a let down.

My Ride
    ute

Power is now a commodity and not really noteworthy.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a strange affinity for sporty luxo-barges, so I was super excited to finally see what MB was going to do with the already-awesome S-Class... Seems a little disappointing. All those big power figures don't seem to add up to anything that would scare even a mid-range Model S. Of course real world tests may surprise, but the first impression is kind of a let down.
    If your're comparing an S63 to a Tesla... you're doing it wrong...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Everything about that car should "scare a Tesla", whatever the hell that actually even means. Their commonality will end at being electric and having doors/wheels.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    If your're comparing an S63 to a Tesla... you're doing it wrong...
    That was kinda my thought as well, although in reality, there are probably some people that will cross-shop this with a Model S Plaid.

Regardless, I think the point is no one should be buying this car for outright acceleration. S-class AMGs have never been about that.

My Ride
    ute

Seems to me that an AMG s-class is kindof a gauche new money thing.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Everything about that car should "scare a Tesla", whatever the hell that actually even means. Their commonality will end at being electric and having doors/wheels.
    Scare, as-in instill a concern of being out accelerated and therefore outperformed.

I'm far from a Tesla fan and would never buy one, but if you watched the video and the build up to the reveal of the stats, you have to think they were a little underwhelming, no?

My first thought when seeing the thread title was the Brabus 800, and thinking with the hybrid in the new S63 and the instantaneous torque, it would be even more of a rocket. Instead, it barely outperforms the outgoing S63 yet gains 400lbs... Maybe (hopefully) Mercedes' is sandbagging the published stats.

Maybe it's all for naught... I don't make VP-level money, let alone that of a "President" or RealtorĀ®

My Ride
    ute

Scare, as-in instill a concern of being out accelerated and therefore outperformed.

I'm far from a Tesla fan and would never buy one, but if you watched the video and the build up to the reveal of the stats, you have to think they were a little underwhelming, no?

My first thought when seeing the thread title was the Brabus 800, and thinking with the hybrid in the new S63 and the instantaneous torque, it would be even more of a rocket. Instead, it barely outperforms the outgoing S63... Maybe (hopefully) Mercedes' is sandbagging the published stats.

Maybe it's all for naught... I don't make VP-level money, let alone that of a "President" or RealtorĀ®
    you clearly have not worked hard enough to select a wife that worked hard enough to earn $600k

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    you clearly have not worked hard enough to select a wife that worked hard enough to earn $600k
    Like a fool, I selected a wife that stays home

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My first thought when seeing the thread title was the Brabus 800, and thinking with the hybrid in the new S63 and the instantaneous torque, it would be even more of a rocket. Instead, it barely outperforms the outgoing S63 yet gains 400lbs... Maybe (hopefully) Mercedes' is sandbagging the published stats.

From the first drives of this platform (AMG GT63 E Performance is the only one available to drive so far), it's more the drivability and 0-60 that's improved from instant torque, with a small bump in 1/4 mile times. It's kind of pointless in the S class, nobody drives an S class like they stole it. If they want to compete with the Plaid 1/4 mile times, they need to bump that V8 to 800+hp along with the e performance hybrid.

This platform seems to be pretty sweet in the new C63 from people riding in it so far, even tho it's a 4 banger. The E63 e performance will be interesting but it looks like it's getting the 4 banger (670hp) and not the 800hp V8 version. The V8 looks to be destined only in the S, AMG GT 4 door, and the new SL.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Seems to me that an AMG s-class is kindof a gauche new money thing.
    Not exclusively. I'd say the new money crowd is the one cross shopping S63 with G63 with Model S Plaid. They just wanna flex.

I think there's still a market segment of grey-haired white dudes that buys the S63 because it's a luxury boat, and they don't care a ton about acceleration, nor would they ever consider a Tesla. Anecdotally at least, the number of seniors I see driving S63's around Aspen and Springbank indicates that.

Like a fool, I selected a wife that stays home
    Same. But the good news is I can have a rational debate with her.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    I think there's still a market segment of grey-haired white dudes that buys the S63 because it's a luxury boat, and they don't care a ton about acceleration, nor would they ever consider a Tesla. Anecdotally at least, the number of seniors I see driving S63's around Aspen and Springbank indicates that.
    I have a friend's dad that's been buying S65's and S63's every couple of years since they came out. Never has he dipped into any of the power of the cars. He just buys it because it's the most expensive Mercedes sedan out there.

He actually bought a Model S Plaid this year because of MB shortages, and the Plaid was expensive as fuck. Got rid of it in a month because of the discount interior lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Not exclusively. I'd say the new money crowd is the one cross shopping S63 with G63 with Model S Plaid. They just wanna flex.

Same. But the good news is I can have a rational debate with her.
    I picture the S63 crowd as dudes with big puffy black prada jackets with fur around the hood and a NY Yankees hat.

My Ride

I picture the S63 crowd as dudes with big puffy black prada jackets with fur around the hood and a NY Yankees hat.
    Those are swb S400s with 63 badges

My Ride
    ute

Let's not forget that without REALTORS, none of you would have houses for your wives. We would all be homeless, wandering aimlessly in the brush.

My Ride
    V8s

I believe you are confusing the used S63 market with the new S63 market.

My Ride

With all this talk of grey-haired white dudes, seniors and dads, I'm curious - does anyone else "our age" (<50, sorry 'Coupe) find these big sedans appealing, or is it just me?
    Last edited by you&me; 12-06-2022 at 12:23 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 301
Size:  342.8 KB

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t really see any practical difference between an enormous sedan, and an SUV.

Except maybe an inch less of ground clearance.

Should probably just buy a trackhawk
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast