Quantcast
Fire Gina Carano ?? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 124

Thread: Fire Gina Carano ??

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    19

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are celebrities dumb, dont they realize they have too much to lose by saying dumb shit like this. Especially with the sensitive public view.
    This. Whether or not its right or wrong makes no difference now, peeps are way too fucking sensitive. They had to change the name on syrup FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presumably you would also conclude that Islamophobia is not a thing because people choose to be Muslim.
    You have to live with no concept of nuance to make a stretch of ‘is different than’ equating to ‘not a thing’ without even getting int of something complex like the inherent racist elements of islamophobia. With such irrational jumps like that it makes it clear any chance of a rational discussion would be impossible.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,523
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not offensive (or even entirely inaccurate). All these anecdotes of "freedom of speech isnt freedom from consequences" are just noise.

    The problem is that her point of view goes against the narrative of the powers that be in the USA.
    They aren't just noise, the entire idea and law behind the US Freedom of Speech is for no GOVERNMENT intervention. I don't agree with cancel culture, but you can't use their freedom of speech as an argument against it because it isn't applicable to these situations.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to live with no concept of nuance to make a stretch of ‘is different than’ equating to ‘not a thing’ without even getting int of something complex like the inherent racist elements of islamophobia. With such irrational jumps like that it makes it clear any chance of a rational discussion would be impossible.
    So race and religion are the same thing to you, so long as that is convenient?

    We all know your history of supporting racial segregation on this board, though...so I'll defer to you as an expert on the topic.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to live with no concept of nuance to make a stretch of ‘is different than’ equating to ‘not a thing’ without even getting int of something complex like the inherent racist elements of islamophobia. With such irrational jumps like that it makes it clear any chance of a rational discussion would be impossible.
    This is your most impressive cop-out when outclassed to date perhaps.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They aren't just noise, the entire idea and law behind the US Freedom of Speech is for no GOVERNMENT intervention. I don't agree with cancel culture, but you can't use their freedom of speech as an argument against it because it isn't applicable to these situations.
    Right, but this is hardly a case for actual consequences. Disney may as well have said "she's been fired for liking pancakes more than waffles" and getting away with it. In my mind there's a large gap between posting something offensive, and posting something others disagree with.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So race and religion are the same thing to you, so long as that is convenient?
    Many European countries, Nazi Germany in particular, classed them as one and the same as part of their justification of prejudice. I know that’s hard for you to grasp. Jews as a race and Jews as a religion was not a distinction the people or the state made in Nazi Germany. That’s why it’s different.

    We all know your history of supporting racial segregation on this board, though...so I'll defer to you as an expert on the topic.
    You’re just making shit up again. But I wouldn’t expect any different from a Residential schools apologist.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I'm getting a chubby.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Many European countries, Nazi Germany in particular, classed them as one and the same as part of their justification of prejudice. I know that’s hard for you to grasp. Jews as a race and Jews as a religion was not a distinction the people or the state made in Nazi Germany. That’s why it’s different.
    Look, I'm just repeating the contradictory logic that you're putting out there. Don't let me stop you from arguing with yourself.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, I'm just repeating the contradictory logic that you're putting out there. Don't let me stop you from arguing with yourself.
    What’s contradictory again?

    Did the government classify anti-maskers an an ethnic group, codifying how one is an anti-masker by birth to be able to classify them as American or Anti-Masker to subjugate them and take away their rights so that even if you weren’t a practicing anti-masker you were still classified based on birth and could be attacked, beaten, and persecuted with state approval.

    Because that is how It would be the same as Gina Carano’s situation.

    For the Islamophobia angle, there are plenty of stories from non-Muslims (Sikhs in particular) who Islamophobes think are Muslim because of how they look to inflict their hate upon, which also makes it more nuanced than a typical ‘this is about choice vs race’ issue, because there are people who conflate the two. But that isn’t what you said either, ‘being different than’ is not the same as ‘not a thing’ no matter how much you pretend it is.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s contradictory again?

    Did the government classify anti-maskers an an ethnic group, codifying how one is an anti-masker by birth to be able to classify them as American or Anti-Masker to subjugate them and take away their rights so that even if you weren’t a practicing anti-masker you were still classified based on birth and could be attacked, beaten, and persecuted with state approval.

    Because that is how It would be the same as Gina Carano’s situation.

    For the Islamophobia angle, there are plenty of stories from non-Muslims (Sikhs in particular) who Islamophobes think are Muslim because of how they look to inflict their hate upon, which also makes it more nuanced than a typical ‘this is about choice vs race’ issue, because there are people who conflate the two. But that isn’t what you said either, ‘being different than’ is not the same as ‘not a thing’ no matter how much you pretend it is.
    "your argument makes no sense".

    "sure it does, it's just nuanced"

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,269
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    I think I have found an ideal analogy for the way Kert likes to argue.

    “Don’t know a knot? Tie a lot”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "your argument makes no sense".

    "sure it does, it's just nuanced"
    So you genuinely believe that Jews weren’t classified as a race in Nazi Germany?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,523
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, but this is hardly a case for actual consequences. Disney may as well have said "she's been fired for liking pancakes more than waffles" and getting away with it. In my mind there's a large gap between posting something offensive, and posting something others disagree with.
    If her contract specifically states she will not share pro-pancake, anti-waffle statements on social media, then they could definitely get away with it. She signed it with the agreement she would be paid in-part for not being pro-waffle, and in-part for her acting.

    If she didn't like the terms of her contract, limiting her freedom of expression, she didn't have to sign it.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,269
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    A75C6932-4398-4A5C-86D0-837814B8884C.jpg

    I have a proposal for a new profile pic for Kert
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    585
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'd say that with the internet today, its a lot harder to get everyone on one side. Everyone has an opinion, even those that think Star Wars is better than Star Trek.
    Lake Mead 1082 feet

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    585
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you genuinely believe that Jews weren’t classified as a race in Nazi Germany?
    Always seemed weird to me. They all white people from my standpoint.
    Lake Mead 1082 feet

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    698
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What times we live in.

    I'm alright with seeing her leave as Cara Dune wasn't a very captivating character for me. Bill Burr's character was mint though, haha.

    Other than that, I'm just irritated at how much time and energy people waste on cancel culture and gender/identity politics.

    For Disney, it's just business. They can't risk one of their assets being a liability and costing them money. Buh bye. You give up a lot when you become a public figure.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    This is amazing hahahaha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
  2. Haywire - Starring Gina Carano

    By 89coupe in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM
  3. Bmw Gina

    By 300havoc in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
  4. Akif Amin and Bushra Amin charged in Parkdale fire (3 dead in fire)

    By TACO.VIDAL in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
  5. BMW GINA Light Visionary Concept

    By BerserkerCatSplat in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 06-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •