Quantcast
Intel NUC Alternatives? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Intel NUC Alternatives?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thanks everyone esp mitsu for the breakdowns. I only want gaming as a nice to have, and don't want to spend more than $1300. So for gaming, it's a toss up between NUC11 and Asus PN50 Ryzen 4800U. Both look to be coming in at $1300 CAD with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The problem is stock, looks like inventory is ridiculously tight for anything AMD, and NUC11's being new will be low as well. Let's see how it looks in a couple of weeks, I want to upgrade sooner rather than later at this point.

With that said, still eyeing the cheaper NUC10 at $999 especially if I can't find stock on the other 2. If that goes on sale at costco, screw the nice to have gaming, and getting that instead, which will easily do all the VM shit I need at home.

Thanks everyone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have an x arcade stick. Playing on the tv where the new Nuc will be connecting to. Right now it’s running on some old 10 year old pc. Consolidating a little further with this upgrade.
    Ya like it? Durable?
    I've been pondering the one of the cabinets from them/RecRoomMasters
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    Ya like it? Durable?
    I've been pondering the one of the cabinets from them/RecRoomMasters
    It’s ridiculously durable. I’ve had 2 of them, gave the first one away to a friend, still going strong.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Looks like the AMD shortage is the real deal. Our distributor contacted Asus on my behalf, chip shortage from AMD, PN50 4800U won't be restocked till April at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Looks like the AMD shortage is the real deal. Our distributor contacted Asus on my behalf, chip shortage from AMD, PN50 4800U won't be restocked till April at the earliest.
    AMD stock is a nightmare because so many different companies are competing for TSMC 7nm. Even worse, the new Xbox and PS5 launches pretty much coincided with Ryzen 5000 and both have Ryzen CPUs and GPUs. It's also why Nvidia is using Samsung 8nm, but that doesn't seem to be working out too well for therm either haha.

I ordered a Ryzen 5000 CPU in September and still haven't seen it. I am almost at the point where I should just sell my mobo and wait for Ryzen 6000 or Intel Alder Lake, whatever ends up being better. I'll give it another month or two and then I will probably pull the plug.

Sucks that all these shortages also happened to be in the year where massive performance leaps were made in the PC world, and everyone is working from home or bored at home, so demand is higher than ever for parts. Retailers are claiming they are seeing Black Friday levels of demand every single month.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

NUC11 stock incoming in 2-3 weeks is the word from Intel. I was wrong about pricing, it’ll be the same price as the NUC 10. Roughly $1000 with 512gb ssd, 16gb ram, and windows 10. Basically the Costco pricing on Nuc 10. Undercutting the asus ryzen one by $150.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Well, surprise inventory on Asus PN50's this week. NUC 11 got delayed more. Guess I'm joining team AMD with the PN50 4800U. Just got shipped this morning. And ya, $150 more. Oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2