Quantcast
Opinions on this 2010 cbr1000rr - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this 2010 cbr1000rr

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fire it up and check for heavy oil burn. That gen was hit and miss for that, but mostly the 08's and 09's.

Everything else looks fine to me. Nice bike.
    Was that gen also known for clutch pack replacements before 30,000 kms?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Was that gen also known for clutch pack replacements before 30,000 kms?
    Can't speak to that. I only know about the oil burn.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Yep. I didn't say "guaranteed track bike" just that it's a potential indicator. And I know lots of people who mile up their bikes. It's just that I know lots more who don't.
    I always wonder why people in Calgary assume 25k over 11 years is "miled up". Anything over 10k seems to get noses turned up at it, but there's a ton of bikes (sport bikes included) that easily do 100k miles. It's a motor. As long as you take good care of it, and check the normal indicators, it's going to be fine. My first bike was a 01 CBR600 F4i that had 60k on it. It ran like a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I always wonder why people in Calgary assume 25k over 11 years is "miled up". Anything over 10k seems to get noses turned up at it, but there's a ton of bikes (sport bikes included) that easily do 100k miles. It's a motor. As long as you take good care of it, and check the normal indicators, it's going to be fine. My first bike was a 01 CBR600 F4i that had 60k on it. It ran like a dream.
    I think it's one of those old "rule of thumbs" that have been lingering on since like the 40's and 50's, like never buy a used car over 100,000km or do oil changes every 3000km/3000mi/5000km. Makes no sense with all these advancements in engineering and technology, but people can't seem to let them go.

My Ride
    *The First*

I forgot "it's a motor"... Like any other motor, it has a compression ratio over 12-1 and redlines over 12,000 rpm. It also puts out about 170hp per liter which is substantially more HP/L than an Italian supercar.

So yeah, I guess that's just another motor.

My initial comment was merely that it has high mileage, meaning that if one was to look at other bikes of the same age, many of them would have lower mileage. I didn't say it was a clapped out, shit box that probably won't even start. It's very likely just fine.
    But, it's not low mileage. There is no hidden message. It's just a statement of fact.

My Ride

If you arent living life at 12,000 rpms, the engines will last a long time.

Viffers and blackbird guys roll 150,000km with ease on their bikes. Most crotch rockets have a short life span before they end up as 'spare parts' so finding a 30,000 km sport bike appears skewed, ie. anomaly of sorts.

Other than the very odd clutch pack replacement at 20k, I would take this bike over a lesser KM edition that was not maintained as well by some kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I always chalked it up to the idea that everyone writes their bikes off before 30k KM. Therefore you never see bikes with that many miles on them, which makes people think they don't last that long.

Personally the CBR would be last on my list. I'd get a Gixxer or another R1 way before considering the Honda. But that's just personal preference.

Wheel stand a more likely indication it's been tracked/raced
    Thats about as true as saying a civic with racing decals is more likely a track car.
    Last edited by Rocket1k78; 02-16-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Bike looks nice, not that a photo says much. Mileage is nothing for that motor, we have 2 guys that ride them with us on long trips, one I believe is a 09 with 70k kms, and the other is a '10 with 55k kms. Cold start is a must, and then just listen for lash or chain tick. Im surprised the clutch pack went at 20k, sounds like either a poor rider, or wrong fluid. I owned one for a couple seasons, never once left me stranded or pissed off, and I rode the shit out of that bike. Guy I sold it to sometimes rides with us and it still hasn't cost him anything. Honda may not make the fastest liter bike, but I would put its reliability against any other, although all jap bikes are reliable from personal experience.

I'll leave the wheel stand alone, looks like thats been mentioned. I have both front and rear for my bikes, I think its an essential tool and wouldn't look into that at all. Also the "ECM" tune, ask who/what it is, likely a PC-V or Bazaaz. Either way I would check it out, looks like a decent deal, and the color combo is sick!

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Thats about as true as saying a civic with racing decals is a track car
    If only the words "more likely" meant the same as the word "is".

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I always chalked it up to the idea that everyone writes their bikes off before 30k KM. Therefore you never see bikes with that many miles on them, which makes people think they don't last that long.

Personally the CBR would be last on my list. I'd get a Gixxer or another R1 way before considering the Honda. But that's just personal preference.
    better ergos on the gixxers/yammers ?

If only the words "more likely" meant the same as the word "is".
    You're absolutely right, ive adjusted my post to be more correct but at the end of the day bike stands dont have any indication to whether or not its a race bike.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I think it's one of those old "rule of thumbs" that have been lingering on since like the 40's and 50's, like never buy a used car over 100,000km or do oil changes every 3000km/3000mi/5000km. Makes no sense with all these advancements in engineering and technology, but people can't seem to let them go.
    Absolutely.

I forgot "it's a motor"... Like any other motor, it has a compression ratio over 12-1 and redlines over 12,000 rpm. It also puts out about 170hp per liter which is substantially more HP/L than an Italian supercar.

So yeah, I guess that's just another motor.

My initial comment was merely that it has high mileage, meaning that if one was to look at other bikes of the same age, many of them would have lower mileage. I didn't say it was a clapped out, shit box that probably won't even start. It's very likely just fine.
    But, it's not low mileage. There is no hidden message. It's just a statement of fact.
    Have you ever ridden one of these things? Specific a 1L Super Sport? It sounds like you have, but I barely go over 8k, even winding it up on the highway. 9k in first gear, and I'm at 120. I have my shift light set at 8k, and I think it's been on 3 times since I bought the bike brand new. I imagine that even if you're doing stupid shit, you're not winding it out anywhere near the redline. And I bet you one of these could handle sustained redline better than most cars with substantially lower redlines.
    I don't consider 2200km over 11 years, "high mileage".
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

OP, did you go take a look yet?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Lmao, 24k is high mileage? I put 28k on my (new) 07 Triumph Daytona 675 the year I bought it, and I bought it in June. No 24k is nothing. Go over the bike, look for oil leaks mainly on the fork seals, but other then that it should be good to go.

Bike stands are irrelevant. I used to use those all the time to change out my tires.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 02-19-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    *The First*

This is, definitively, the single lowest mileage bike in the recorded history of 1L SS bikes. Nay, in the history of Honda. Nay, in the history of humans sitting on things that take them places.
    We are here to witness this unicorn. Jesus himself rose from the ashes (on an Ash Wednesday in 2010) and permanently affixed this bike's odometer at 24,000km while it was still a late bloomer in a showroom.
    The bike has never moved one inch since then, thanks in part to the wheel stands.
    Not only is it currently the lowest mileage bike in recorded history, there will also never be another bike with mileage this low in the remainder* of Earth's history.

*Estimated by politicians to be ~14 years until the CO2 causes the flooding with the rapture, etc.

My Ride

30,000km on the average street bike ENGINE is nothing - but tires, chains, cogs and some seals (as mentioned) are usually replaced around this time - tires particularly love to go square in our part of the country (as opposed to the coast, or Ontario).

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    better ergos on the gixxers/yammers ?
    Pegs are getting way too high on all these bikes nowadays. But I guess they're meant to be on the track, not having fun on the street. I haven't been on one of these death traps in years now, so things might be different. I used to love Hondas when it was the 600F4i, and the 929rr, both make great wheelie bikes. But then the 600rr came out and it was boring as hell, you had to clutch the fuck out of it to get the front wheel off the ground. Plus it was a high seat height with no adjustability.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Pegs are getting way too high on all these bikes nowadays. But I guess they're meant to be on the track, not having fun on the street. I haven't been on one of these death traps in years now, so things might be different. I used to love Hondas when it was the 600F4i, and the 929rr, both make great wheelie bikes. But then the 600rr came out and it was boring as hell, you had to clutch the fuck out of it to get the front wheel off the ground. Plus it was a high seat height with no adjustability.
    600F4i was my first bike! Absolutely loved that thing, very comfortable, good for 250+, great handling. Always recommend that bike when people ask about a good beginner bike. Would love to pick up a clean 01-02 with the split seat again as a around town bike.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    600F4i was my first bike! Absolutely loved that thing, very comfortable, good for 250+, great handling. Always recommend that bike when people ask about a good beginner bike. Would love to pick up a clean 01-02 with the split seat again as a around town bike.
    No way I could get an F4i to 250 - I was a giant airbrake on that bike even in a tuck; the wind would rip me off the bars well before 250, lol ..... that bike was tiny for my big ass. But yes, a very good bike for beginners. Little headaches also when it came to storage and maintenance with the new FI system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast