Quantcast
Crypto Mining Thread - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19
Results 361 to 367 of 367

Thread: Crypto Mining Thread

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    rally pig
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed that afterburner settings get reset back to defaults after you reboot computer. Is there any way to make the settings persistent?
    I have to reboot my mining rig once in a while and it remembers the settings no problem


    does afterburner start up automatically on reboot?
    you can save the settings as profile on afterburner and when you reboot it will re-use the last used setting.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    you can also start the profile with the batch file. I removed it from mine, but it was something like
    `c:\program files\afterburner\afterburner.exe -profile1` or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, click the windows button... but make sure you are REALLY happy with them so you don’t death loop from a bad clock... I prefer to just save the profile and set it after rebooting
    Ah missed that button. Looks like it will work but like you say, maybe not the safest method to avoid any risk of this death loop.

    Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to reboot my mining rig once in a while and it remembers the settings no problem


    does afterburner start up automatically on reboot?
    you can save the settings as profile on afterburner and when you reboot it will re-use the last used setting.
    Nope doesn't start up automatically. I see that in the settings though.


    that said, i like LilDrunkSmurf's idea. I'll add that command in my start.bat file with a short pause before it kicks off the miner executable.
    Last edited by sabad66; 06-01-2021 at 11:36 AM.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,666
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Now that’s it’s getting warm out... anyone with temp issues that hasn’t set a custom fan profile... do it, huge changes even if you don’t tweak the table

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    994
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed that afterburner settings get reset back to defaults after you reboot computer. Is there any way to make the settings persistent?
    It's in the settings of afterburner somewhere. Run at startup and apply at startup or something.

    I doubt you'd ever have a death loop unless your settings were messed up. Most of the time if you have pushed it too far it'll run into issues under heavy load. Should still be able to boot windows and change it if you needed. Or worse case boot to safe mode.
    Nolan

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's in the settings of afterburner somewhere. Run at startup and apply at startup or something.

    I doubt you'd ever have a death loop unless your settings were messed up. Most of the time if you have pushed it too far it'll run into issues under heavy load. Should still be able to boot windows and change it if you needed. Or worse case boot to safe mode.
    I had a death loop, trying to get my memory OC to match the "heavy" OC some were running. Had to google the escape key combo so it wouldn't load the profile on boot up
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    rally pig
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    anyone mining ERGO yet?
    I tried couple of months ago but seemed complicated but after talking to a buddy that is mining it, he was able to mine it no problem.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Similar Threads

  1. Is this person mining crypto on my network??

    By mr2mike in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 34
    Latest Threads: 07-10-2019, 01:55 PM
  2. 2018 Crypto Profolio Challange

    By Kobe in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 111
    Latest Threads: 09-23-2018, 01:14 PM
  3. Ndax.io - soft launch - crypto exchange

    By Vanish3d in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 07-04-2018, 02:08 PM
  4. Cogeneration for crypto...

    By nzwasp in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 05-05-2018, 03:34 AM
  5. Children Mining Copper and Cobalt for China in Congo

    By Schwa in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •