Quantcast
Ebay buyers cancelling order. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ebay buyers cancelling order.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quite the opposite. I've found eBay *sellers* cancelling orders.

My son is getting into online buying as he has various kid interests, but he is very thrifty, so he buys really inexpensive stuff. Like, 5 cents here, 25 cents there. Sometimes he even manages to seek out 1 cent auctions and win.

Unfortunately, it seems sellers are allowed to cancel orders at whim and he's had several cancelled due to lack of profit. Or, worse yet, it never comes and then since eBay takes so long you ask for a replacement shipment but it too never comes and now you're out a bit of money and it's too late to use any kind of protection policies. Granted, it's just 5 cents here and a buck there, but it sucks because my son is only 8 so very dollar means a lot to him.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Decent demand but definitely not a scalper. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head to put in the bid.
    right, but, are you listing said items with decent demand at above MSRP, or for more than what is commonly accepted as it's value?
    Last edited by spikerS; 02-22-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Suddenly I'm the criminal seller drop shipping stuff?!

My gripe is the bids go up, they win. Back out and I'm back to relisting again and the whole auction is pointless.

Unless they're running a scam to bring up their own items for sale by pumping mine only to back out??

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I've pretty much stopped auction listings on ebay. I only do BIN's and sometimes allow offers. But thats it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I have the red swingline.
    Mine is purple, does that make extra cool?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This. I stopped using ebay ages ago for this exact reason. Not only are their fees way too high for anything other than very rare/unique items that require a global audience to sell, but all the buyer has to do is say the item never arrived, seller loses everything, buyer gets a refund plus a free item, zero investigation is conducted. I have read stories of people FPV video recording themselves packing the item and bringing it to the post office and ebay still sided with the buyer.
    All true. Event signature delivery verified by the post office won't win your a chargeback, buyer will get the item for free.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

It's always been this way since eCommerce began. No proof of delivery means you're SOL if the user denies delivery. I am not sure about signature though - I guess one could dispute whether it is their signature or not, but generally speaking signatures are used to verify delivery and in MY experience, tends to result in the carrier siding with the vendor.

My Ride
    Silverado

nvm

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    ebay sucks for selling... buyers have all the protection and ebay/payal takes a 13% cut off the top.

Get onto facebook groups for whatever items your selling. Comparable prices and way more seller protection.
    QFT
    I use to use Ebay to sell stuff I couldn't sell on facebook market.
    I had an old Jibo robot that was basically a paperweight and listed it on ebay as an auction. Top bidder would cancel and I would put it on second chance to the next highest bidder and get nothing. When it finally sold it was 20(ish)% fees and they refunded the buyer due to the delays in the US post office. Tracking made little difference
    I had to open up a case after it was delivered and it was back and forth between ebay and myself before they finally gave me my money minus the fees.

TLDR; use another platform for selling. For buying its fantastic but for selling they can suck my nuts

Agree with you all that eBay sucks as a seller. I sold a sealed PS5 at the start of December and the guy who bought it all of a sudden requested a return 29 days later stating the item was not as described in the listing. I had photos of the system sealed in it's box with the purchasers shipping label attached to it, yet eBay sided with them since they could not confirm themselves that it was shipped as pictured.

Thankfully i was able to use the photo to my advantage with the buyer and scared him into keeping the console by telling him that if it returned to me different than the photo that i would keep the system and only refund a portion of price he paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Quite the opposite. I've found eBay *sellers* cancelling orders.

My son is getting into online buying as he has various kid interests, but he is very thrifty, so he buys really inexpensive stuff. Like, 5 cents here, 25 cents there. Sometimes he even manages to seek out 1 cent auctions and win.

Unfortunately, it seems sellers are allowed to cancel orders at whim and he's had several cancelled due to lack of profit. Or, worse yet, it never comes and then since eBay takes so long you ask for a replacement shipment but it too never comes and now you're out a bit of money and it's too late to use any kind of protection policies. Granted, it's just 5 cents here and a buck there, but it sucks because my son is only 8 so very dollar means a lot to him.
    Funny this thread popped up, i buy phone cases for the fam on there and i just had one seller cancel it. It was cancelled last week and on the ebay site i cant even go into it to ask them to refund me. I go to paypal and there it shows the transaction but wont let me dispute it, it says sign into ebay to dispute.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

My gripe is the bids go up, they win. Back out and I'm back to relisting again and the whole auction is pointless.

Unless they're running a scam to bring up their own items for sale by pumping mine only to back out??
    I never said that, or even insinuated it. I was offering it up as a reason as to why this is happening to you, and it seems I am pretty close to the mark judging by how defensive you got. I am not giving you any grief, just offering a possible reason as to why it is happening.

People were doing this to scalpers of the new XboX, PS5, and now with the 30 series CPU graphics cards in an attempt to thwart scalpers. Sounds like this may be happening to you too.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I never said that, or even insinuated it. I was offering it up as a reason as to why this is happening to you, and it seems I am pretty close to the mark judging by how defensive you got. I am not giving you any grief, just offering a possible reason as to why it is happening.

People were doing this to scalpers of the new XboX, PS5, and now with the 30 series CPU graphics cards in an attempt to thwart scalpers. Sounds like this may be happening to you too.
    Holy shit. If eBay isn't for scalping, WtF is it good for? It's an auction which is by definition, driven by market prices. Its foundation is the price of something is the amount someone is willing to pay for it.

I'm glad I haven't used it in so many years. What a fiasco!

They should let that Albrecht asshole out of jail and get the Silk Road fired back up.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I learned ebay still exists today.
    Still exists, and is especially useful for sending items across the continent in the wrong direction before they make their way to you via their global shipping program. Pain in the ass.

This place has an approved list of side hustles. It looks like you've failed to get approval of everyone before doing so. Prepare for the interrogations!!

On an unrelated note there is site called stockx.com if the items are collectibles or higher demand items they'll be on the website. It guarantees sellers are protected 100% by authenticating items as a middle man before they ship the item to the buyer.

I think mostly everyone's annoyed with ebay hence the popularity of stockx.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The only approved side hustle is Onlyfans. Like and Subscribe for more tips like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

The only approved side hustle is Onlyfans. Like and Subscribe for more tips like these.
    Can I sell memorabilia used in my shows?

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This place has an approved list of side hustles. It looks like you've failed to get approval of everyone before doing so. Prepare for the interrogations!!

On an unrelated note there is site called stockx.com if the items are collectibles or higher demand items they'll be on the website. It guarantees sellers are protected 100% by authenticating items as a middle man before they ship the item to the buyer.

I think mostly everyone's annoyed with ebay hence the popularity of stockx.
    StockX is also far from perfect, and their fees are outrageous.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Can I sell memorabilia used in my shows?
    I hear bath water goes for top dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

used socks are oddly the highest profit margin from my "vip-merch" catalog. even buying good quality socks, it's outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2