Quantcast
Is500 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is500

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on a persons definition of performance. To me, performance =/= acceleration. Driving dynamics, and the general experience are way more important than .5s diff in the 1/4 IMO. That's part of the reason the LC500, despite being a slow boat with a 15 year old powertrain (compared to other GT cars), is pretty well universally regarded as a fantastic car.
    Lexus driving dynamic is garbage so your point fails. You just sound like a Lexus fanboy tbh. I looked into the GS-F too, was super excited when it came out, awesome V8 and Lexus reliability. But man... for that price point, It certainly doesn't hold a candle compares to the German counter parts.

The IS is an uninspiring car in all aspects, granted I haven't driven the new gen. The RC-F is a huge failure that they cant give away. So dont tell me you enjoy performance and say that this is better than the likes of M340 or E43. Cause their history has proved otherwise.

My Ride
    *The First*

Maybe. Unless you're trying to find a GS F in which case I think we're enemies? Idk.
    Let's meet up... For tea.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 02-26-2021 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Lexus driving dynamic is garbage so your point fails. You just sound like a Lexus fanboy tbh. I looked into the GS-F too, was super excited when it came out, awesome V8 and Lexus reliability. But man... for that price point, It certainly doesn't hold a candle compares to the German counter parts.

The IS is an uninspiring car in all aspects, granted I haven't driven the new gen. The RC-F is a huge failure that they cant give away. So dont tell me you enjoy performance and say that this is better than the likes of M340 or E43. Cause their history has proved otherwise.
    To be fair, Lexus sets the car up for the audience. 99% of Lexus owners don't want anything but understeer so they don't die. I bought the RC-F because they were literally giving it away, and with just basic alignment tweaks and tire pressures outside of factory specs, the car handled WAY better. Granted, nowhere near as fast around corners as a M3/4 or C63, but fuck was it ever tossable in the corners with boat loads of front grip, and ridiculously easy to control the rear with the throttle. I felt like I was DK driving the RC-F because I can easily dictate when and how much slip angle I want 100% of the time (under 150km/h anyways haha). When I sold the car, the new owner did not like it, and realigned everything back to factory specs.

I would not be surprised if this was the case with all their other cars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    To be fair, Lexus sets the car up for the audience. 99% of Lexus owners don't want anything but understeer so they don't die. I bought the RC-F because they were literally giving it away, and with just basic alignment tweaks and tire pressures outside of factory specs, the car handled WAY better. Granted, nowhere near as fast around corners as a M3/4 or C63, but fuck was it ever tossable in the corners with boat loads of front grip, and ridiculously easy to control the rear with the throttle. I felt like I was DK driving the RC-F because I can easily dictate when and how much slip angle I want 100% of the time (under 150km/h anyways haha). When I sold the car, the new owner did not like it, and realigned everything back to factory specs.

I would not be surprised if this was the case with all their other cars.

That's the thing tho, Lexus makes performance cars that's specifically catered to their customers. Which translates to "boring" driving dynamics. there is nothing exciting about this new model.

I love Lexus as a brand, I've owned 5 of them... But you cant tell me that they make an exciting performance/sports car and this IS500 is no exception.

I had my mom drive the GS F sport / 5 series / E class and she loves the GS and bought one because it feels more heavier and stable.... So ya that's their target market.

This car is purely Toyota with a last-ditch effort at making money from a 13-year-old platform. That’s all. It’s not “Toyota is giving us a V8 while others are downsizing”. It’s a recycled model. You can see what they can do when they really try. (ie Yaris GR which I’m a huge fan of)

Car hasn’t even been released yet and everyone is talking about warranty and reliability. As if any of you would drive one car for 10 years lol.

PS: the car doesn’t have a zf8. not sure if that's good or bad.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What car doesn’t have a ZF8.

If people want V8’s the other automakers are welcome to recycle them all they want.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

I had my mom drive the GS F sport / 5 series / E class and she loves the GS and bought one because it feels more heavier and stable.... So ya that's their target market.
    So basically the Beyond demographic that will never go to a race track. Sounds like a real winner.

My Ride
    *The First*

Does "no ZF8" mean I can once again check my own tranny fluid level like any empowered womäân should be permitted to do by the Toyota patriarchy?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    So basically the Beyond demographic that will never go to a race track. Sounds like a real winner.
    You dont have to take a car to the race track to enjoy it?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Who wants to go to the race track? I hear people with GoPros strapped to thier cars go there. Gross
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Honestly, I'd be more excited if they put the V6TT in there instead...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Honestly, I'd be more excited if they put the V6TT in there instead...
    Not much can really make this car exciting. It's dated, heavy, and is a cruiser. That said it's probably the perfect choice for a 50+ year old man that's grown out of his Challenger.

My Ride
    V8s

I mean, obviously I'm a Lexus fanboy

Like I said earlier, performance (to me) isn't just numbers, it's the experience... I shouldn't be using the word "performance", as it's a bit of a misnomer. If I was buying a trackday car, my view would be entirely different. I still maintain that the driving dynamic of Lexus F cars is great. I don't have anything to add that rage2 didn't, but simply want to reinforce that setting up a car for the middle-late aged, understeer-loving audience is much different than actually building the car for that audience. The fact that these cars become fun with the most minor tweaks says a lot IMO.

Besides, aren't you a BMW fanboy? How many M cars do you have in the garage (or have you had over the last few years)?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Did you just assume his gender?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

"This new Lexus isn't enough like a Lotus Exige. 2 out of 10. Would not bang."

^Am I doing it right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

^Am I doing it right?
    That’s an above average quality car review on 2021. So yes.

fact.

My Ride

I mean, obviously I'm a Lexus fanboy

Like I said earlier, performance (to me) isn't just numbers, it's the experience... I shouldn't be using the word "performance", as it's a bit of a misnomer. If I was buying a trackday car, my view would be entirely different. I still maintain that the driving dynamic of Lexus F cars is great. I don't have anything to add that rage2 didn't, but simply want to reinforce that setting up a car for the middle-late aged, understeer-loving audience is much different than actually building the car for that audience. The fact that these cars become fun with the most minor tweaks says a lot IMO.

Besides, aren't you a BMW fanboy? How many M cars do you have in the garage (or have you had over the last few years)?
    I love your response, and you didn't get offended. Haha. I am definitely a BMW fanboy but I think I've owned more Lexus than BMW. 01 GS, 03GS, 08GS hybrid etc.

I think we can both agreed that Lexus can make the car more exciting if they want to, it's too bad that their target market won't let them. Feels like they are stuck in this crossroad forever. They want to go younger but struggles with their identity.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What I was trying to get at was that Lexus isn’t engineered to be bland. It’s just setup that way out of the box. It does make a difference.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

^Am I doing it right?
    No mention of Trackhawk, 3/10 review review.

Is500 pricing live

Starting 73
    Fully loaded 77ish

Not bad

Edit: the launch edition is only wheels. So 73 is fully loaded?
    Last edited by yipb; 10-27-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast