Quantcast
Flash food app - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Flash food app

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Flash food app

Has anyone used this Flashfood app yet?

We picked up some half price meat on the weekend and we tried to buy a flat of mangoes for 5$ last night however the app and the store had a discrepancy and the store basically told us tough luck despite buying the item on the app. So now we are stuck trying to get a refund but we don’t have a receipt because we never received the item despite paying for it online.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I use it regularily to purchase $5 boxes of mixed fruit and occasional whatever is cheap. Never had any issues with what your experiencing though which is odd, I thought when you pick up your item, your local location opens their app and marks it picked up. Even on your end, the app should still show you have a pick up pending section. Sounds like you need to talk to the store manager vs whoever is doing the Flashfood handling and not co-operating
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use it regularily to purchase $5 boxes of mixed fruit and occasional whatever is cheap. Never had any issues with what your experiencing though which is odd, I thought when you pick up your item, your local location opens their app and marks it picked up. Even on your end, the app should still show you have a pick up pending section. Sounds like you need to talk to the store manager vs whoever is doing the Flashfood handling and not co-operating
    I got refunded but I find the stores do not care at all about if you have issues however they are the ones listing fruit or meat or whatever on the app.

My Ride
    *The First*

It must be different for him because he's in Edmonton living in an igloo and he has to trade fur for discounted freeze-dried provisions using this app.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So. Is this mostly perishables like fruit and veg?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Found that stores are very different

Sage Hill City Market - Nobody touches the food in the fridge except staff
    Coventry Superstore - speak to Customer Service; you are supervised in your food search while they stand behind the counter.
    Edgemont/Hamptons Superstore - Help yourself to the free-for-all fridge that's nowhere near the Customer Service counter. Grab your food amongst the 5 other people trying to do so at the same time. Get in the 15 person lineup to speak to the one guy at the CS counter to verify.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yes fruit veg meat.

For instance I got a slab of ribs for 50% off. I was immediately freezing them anyway so the expiry date a few days away didnt matter to me.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Its mainly anything short dated so instead of throwing it out, give a discount and someone can feed their family. I've seen all sorts of items, fruit/veg, loafs of bread, baguettes, deli meats, yogurts, chocolate bars, donuts. Etc.

But as said above, each location has their own process. I have 2 local ones I go to and 1, you go to CS and show the rep what your picking up, she watches you grab it and marks it picked up. The other location, has a dedicated person actually grabbing the stuff and hands it to you.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.