Quantcast
Best 7/8 Passenger Used Vehicle Under $30K - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 7/8 Passenger Used Vehicle Under $30K

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wife likes our Expedition Max Limited, except for it being a boat to park

They're hard to find with the middle row bench seat though as usually the max limiteds and max platinums came with captains chairs

I don't know if you'll find an Ecoboost aged one in the 30k price range and if gas mileage really is a consideration then the V8 is a no-no (i think we've been averaging about 19-20l/100km) but since she doesn't drive much it's not bothering us
    Captains chairs works well for little kids as they can get to the back through the space. Then you aren't messing around with tilting or folding seats forward to get back there.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Is that the Atlas? thats actually a decent trunk with the seats up. My bro has an escalade non ESV and with the 3rd row up there is enough room in the trunk for a couple back packs
    Crossovers have much better packaging for interior space than body on frame SUVs. The rear seats in the Atlas are actually quite comfortable.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Crossovers have much better packaging for interior space than body on frame SUVs. The rear seats in the Atlas are actually quite comfortable.
    Agreed, but exceptions to this would be the Lexus Land Cruiser variants. (GX and LX).

Oh no! Now there are Japanese Variants!!
    Quick! Alert the meedjia!

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Captains chairs works well for little kids as they can get to the back through the space. Then you aren't messing around with tilting or folding seats forward to get back there.
    True, although I was very surprised at how easy the Expedition seat folded forward...literally lift the handle lightly and it snaps forward.

It's a pain in the butt to get flat flat like the rears though if you want the cargo space, which is weird

My Ride
    changes every year

Acura mdx?

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    Wife likes our Expedition Max Limited, except for it being a boat to park
    I love the new expeditions but man those would be a beast to DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yeah definitely very surprised with the trunk space with 3rd up. Looks almost the same as a standard 2 row trunk space wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Odyssey first choice ..

Siennia .. but they are hard to come by, and most the new one was sold and exported!

I am not going to suggest 7/8 seat SUV, I know people love them, and pay for one ..but if someone wants to fit 6-7-8 people in a vehicle all the time, get a Mini Van ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Disappointed... answer is always wagon

E-class w/rear facing jump seat

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Odyssey first choice ..

Siennia .. but they are hard to come by, and most the new one was sold and exported!

I am not going to suggest 7/8 seat SUV, I know people love them, and pay for one ..but if someone wants to fit 6-7-8 people in a vehicle all the time, get a Mini Van ..
    As someone who's constantly fitting 6-7-8 people in a vehicle all the time, I disagree strongly.

We're essentially a household of 7 (4 kids + MIL). We mostly had MB GL/GLS' through 3 kids, but the 3rd row access sucks, there's no practical storage behind when the seats are up and as Buster mentioned, there's something that makes them feel less durable than the domestics.

When we found out I slipped #4 past the goalie, we resigned ourselves to minivan life... Ended up test driving the Pacifica and Odyssey and basically decided on the then-new Pacifica. Somewhat conveniently, we'd planned a 3 week trip to cottage country in ON and decided that would be the ultimate way to test out a new car, so we rented a Pacifica. As it tends to happen, the rental shop at the airport didn't have a Pacifica (or any van), so they offered us the last-gen Expedition Max... We begrudgingly accepted and proceeded to load up 3 weeks worth of crap for 3 adults (MIL came too) and 3 young kids... Fit like a dream and we were almost all set when the rental co called to let us know a Pacifica had been returned and since we'd made a bit of a stink when they originally told us it wasn't available, they wanted to let us know... Since we really wanted to try out the minivan in the real world, we accepted and started to swap our enormous amount of crap out of the Expedition and into the Pacifica.

Shit. Would. Not. Fit.

So, it was back into the Expedition and off we went, with plenty of room. The moral of the story is to make sure you assess real life applications. A Minivan is a great option, but the true practicality can be limited depending on the lifestage of your family, i.e. baby gear will eat up a lot of the room behind the third row. Hockey gear for older kids would do the same... Sometimes, bigger truly is better.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Went and test drove a 2016 Honda Pilot and a 2017 Toyota Highlander yesterday. Wife preferred Highlander, as more "car" like ride and driving feel, although not as much cargo space as a larger SUV, we're good with the trade off to have smaller profile, and better fuel economy. Now on the quest to find a unicorn that checks all boxes (AWD, leather, 2017+, <90K km, light color, <$30K).
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Highlander is a decent choice. One of the better "family" SUVs. Almost as good as a minivan.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    Went and test drove a 2016 Honda Pilot and a 2017 Toyota Highlander yesterday. Wife preferred Highlander, as more "car" like ride and driving feel, although not as much cargo space as a larger SUV, we're good with the trade off to have smaller profile, and better fuel economy. Now on the quest to find a unicorn that checks all boxes (AWD, leather, 2017+, <90K km, light color, <$30K).
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...o-fees/m377139
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go &quot;uh huh...&quot; Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    That is damn near perfect, but no leather seats. Leather is high on wish list as our midgets are messy, like the durability/cleanability leather provides.

Any opinions on how much "haggle" room dealers have in their listed price? The second dealer we went to quickly said they will drop the $899 licensing fee. We didn't even start talking about price and they offered that up.

If price listed as $32,990 + gst + license fees, how much would be realistic for dealer to drop price, if at all?
    Last edited by cidley69; 02-28-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    *The First*

That is damn near perfect, but no leather seats. Leather is high on wish list as our midgets are messy, like the durability/cleanability leather provides.

Any opinions on how much "haggle" room dealers have in their listed price? The second dealer we went to quickly said they will drop the $899 licensing fee. We didn't even start talking about price and they offered that up.

If price listed as $32,990 + gst + license fees, how much would be realistic for dealer to drop price, if at all?
    It totally depends on the dealer, I think.
    Some show inflated prices so they can "slash" them way down to make people feel like they got a good deal. Others don't.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Walk in, without your wife, offer a fair price, and if they don't accept it, leave.
    Or ask to make a telephone appointment, without your wife, and try the same thing but most car dealers are stuck in the stone age and don't understand anything except face to face dealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Average similar models on AT, then chop about 10% or so to get to wholesale price. This is pretty rough, but that's how I do it when I'm just glancing through.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Used 4Runner?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Walk in, without your wife, offer a fair price, and if they don't accept it, leave.
    Or ask to make a telephone appointment, without your wife, and try the same thing but most car dealers are stuck in the stone age and don't understand anything except face to face dealing.
    They aren’t stuck. They know pressuring people in person works.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

, as more "car" like ride and driving feel,
    Body on frame is the only way to go. Suburban, Yukon, Armada, Sequoia etc are the only true SUVs left. We couldn't stand the car-like SUVs, but see how they appeal to the masses who largely stay in city proper.

A Blackwing Escalade is rumoured....

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Canadian car dealers have come a long way in the last few years. Many more of them are willing to work via email. I exclusively work via email. I'll allow a phone conversation if it is to sort out details on something we already have underway.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast