Quantcast
Bullying in 2021 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Bullying in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sort of off topic, but there are kids being raised now that have no idea how to take criticism. One of my nieces quit her fast food job after some of what I consider very gentle coaching.
    We have a friend who has 1 kid and its pretty tough to not blow up when he gets away with everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Eclipse

It's actually a super interesting topic since data shows teen suicide rates have been going up year on year..

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6630a6.htm

I think a big part of it is that before the bullying was only in schools, atleast a majority of it was, now with all the kids in social media the rates have gone up a lot since it's just not something you can escape, I remember when I was younger I was a complete shit to a lot of other kids, it was just nothing that would cross my mind it made me feel "Cool"

When I was much younger though in grade 2-5 I remember I did get bullied a lot as well, maybe that played some role in my actions when I got older or I was just an arrogant asshole, but the numbers really shocked me when I read about it.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Sort of off topic, but there are kids being raised now that have no idea how to take criticism. One of my nieces quit her fast food job after some of what I consider very gentle coaching.
    I think it's just being a teenager. Some kids just learn to deal with it better and earlier, some it takes a bunch of attempts. I remember a bunch of people I grew up with who were super shitty (or super assholes) in their jobs. Others would crush it at the same place.

The issue seems to be that we're using pretty broad strokes to judge kids by and we're becoming those "kids these days"-types.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

"kids these days" is a sentiment that never goes out of style. Has been cool for several hundred years.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

I thought Marilyn Manson caused teen suicide. How could it still be a thing?

I had a chat with the principal of the local elementary school who admitted that they went too far in the direction of constant praise. It ruined generations of kids. Now they're on Twitter screeching away. They try to teach the kids resilience and coping when things don't go your way.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I had a chat with the principal of the local elementary school who admitted that they went too far in the direction of constant praise. It ruined generations of kids. Now they're on Twitter screeching away. They try to teach the kids resilience and coping when things don't go your way.
    I think that’s a very uncommon mentality within the CBE.

To me, it’s telling when 4/6 of the close group of teachers my wife went to school with outright refuse to consider sending their kids to a CBE school, they all see how the direction and mandates from the board is ruining kids.

The big one is the board wide mandates for inclusive classrooms ( Meaning keeping kids with severe learning and behavioural disabilities or can’t speak English in with the rest of the classroom ). You can imagine how much educating of students 1-32 is being done when a teachers entire day is spent teaching student 33 English, wiping drool off the chin of 34, and trying to make sure student 35 doesn’t stab someone with scissors.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    3) kids being excluded from all social activities because they dont have an iphone and their class only talks via imessage
    Not only does this happen to my friends who don't have iPhones now in my 30's, we continually bully them for being poor on top of that.

My Ride
    *The First*

To me, it’s telling when 4/6 of the close group of teachers my wife went to school with outright refuse to consider sending their kids to a CBE school, they all see how the direction and mandates from the board is ruining kids.

The big one is the board wide mandates for inclusive classrooms ( Meaning keeping kids with severe learning and behavioural disabilities or can’t speak English in with the rest of the classroom ). You can imagine how much educating of students 1-32 is being done when a teachers entire day is spent teaching student 33 English, wiping drool off the chin of 34, and trying to make sure student 35 doesn’t stab someone with scissors.
    This does concern me, as well. I don't think the ESL kids are as much of a burden as many would think, but there needs to be a better strategy for the morons and the psychotic.
    If you can't legibly print your name in Grade-1, then your "magical and super special journey through learning" is a fucking F. Not a ticket to Grade-2, not any other horse shit. F.
    If your kick a girl in the back and stab someone with scissors, you should go straight to an episode of Scared Straight. No talking about your feelings, no companion doggie, no modified schedule. Go directly to jail, and watch someone get shiv'd.

A lot depends on where you live. The CBE schools near me still has high quality kids, teachers and principals.

Principals are what makes or breaks a school BTW. They have complete carte blanche over basically everything. They're just given a pile of money and told "have at 'er"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Principals can break a school for sure. Our neighborhood school got a new principal and within 2 years several of the better teachers, and the entire parent council had quit. We got our kids out of there.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Principals can break a school for sure. Our neighborhood school got a new principal and within 2 years several of the better teachers, and the entire parent council had quit. We got our kids out of there.
    The awful thing is that if you're a good principal, the CBE will promote you and you'll stop being a principal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4