Quantcast
Bullying in 2021 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying in 2021

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

My best friends daughter is being bullied right now and its pretty brutal. Nothing she can do but stick to here story. She is getting it at school and online, feel really bad. She is in grade 7. My bud and his wife have no idea what to do.

I remember getting bullied in grade 8. It sucked, I have always been the smallest guy in my grade until grade 10. There was a fight "arranged" after school at the ball diamond (classic) after school one time and there must have been 100 kids there. I was going to fight this guy from the "cool" crowed, guy was a foot taller than I was. My buddy Kyle Lori found out about it and showed up to back me up (little guy also but a scraper) he beat the living shit out of this kid so bad, never seen somebody's whole face so black and blue to this day. My problems ended there haha
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought you just get you dad to fuck his dad as a power move? If you are over 16, you fuck his dad yourself.

Bullying stops instantly.
    This is exactly why i practice my reacharound-jitsu every day. And if you really wanna send the twerp a message, you kiss his dad on the lips after you blow em. FATALITY.

My Ride
    Silverado

Must suck to be a kid in the last 10 years. At least when we were bullied as a kid. Now it follows you everywhere you go. Not to mention everyone video tapes everything now. Imagine getting in a fight and having to rewatch endless replays.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    You stop bullying now like you did back then. Get your dad to go to the bullies house and crack the bully's dad head open with a bat.
    That's unfortunate if true.

Luckily, my son isn't old enough yet to have to deal with it, but I've tried to toughen him up and teach him a few tricks just in case. He knows he has my full support if he needs to defend himself - and he also knows I'll kick his ass if he starts something himself.

Bottom line: My kid is not going to be mercilessly bullied like I was when I was younger. Between that and my depression, life was pretty rough there for a couple years and he ain't going through that. If he can't deal with it, I will.

Though I'd rather not use a bat. That would just seem overtly barbaric to the judge.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post

Though I'd rather not use a bat. That would just seem overtly barbaric to the judge.
    ^Another vote for the other option because everyone is a winner with forced sodomy.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Not to mention everyone video tapes everything now. Imagine getting in a fight and having to rewatch endless replays.
    That part would suck. Usually after a fight, unless one get carried out by ambulance, both claim victory in some way in their group and move on.

And the online bullying is nasty. Fuck social media.

I was thankfully never bullied in school and I never bullied anyone else. I was in kind of an unusual position where the "cool" kids always liked my friends and I so we were left alone, and we just flew under the radar and didn't bother anyone. I saw some bullying going on but not a ton, mostly in Jr. High School. By High School, everyone kind of just kept to their own little groups as far as I could tell.

It's probably a lot worse now with social media and every coward having a smartphone to hide behind. Bullies don't even have to use their real identities anymore. Now the effects of bullying can be made much more permanent and you know the schools aren't going to do anything about it as everything is even more 'hands off' than it ever was before. I also think any school related job dealing with parents would be so much worse now than 20 years ago or whatever.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I remember when I was in grade 5 or 6 (been too long) I was the new kid and kids constantly bugged/bullied me in front of the teacher who did jack shit (obviously). One day I had enough of it stood up looked right at the teacher and told him to fuck off and do his job then walked home.

My dad was home for lunch and was surprised to see me and asked what was up.. So I told him and the next thing I know he's driving to the school and ready to let loose on the teacher before the principal stepped in.

I was bullied a lot because I was always the new kid but eventually I just stood up to the stupid shits and was left alone.

My Ride
    Z

^See? Builds character
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Must suck to be a kid in the last 10 years. At least when we were bullied as a kid. Now it follows you everywhere you go. Not to mention everyone video tapes everything now. Imagine getting in a fight and having to rewatch endless replays.
    Bullying is still a very serious problem and you're absolutely right it follows them everywhere now because they all have phones and social media. I couldnt imagine the pain and suffering any kid would endure if they got beat up and and it ended up online
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Social media amplifies the negative. For sure. Don't let your kid have a smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    ^See? Builds character
    Yeah, agree with you for the most part. As long as it doesn't go too far and ends up causing some kind of long term depression/trauma.

It's interesting because as I get older, I see those around me who I interacted with when younger and you can see some results of those you knew were bullied or weren't. The ones who were bullied seemed to have tougher skin and doing well in life, and the ones who weren't bullied or were the bullies never really had the "tough love" they needed and turned out into a less-than-stellar adult. It's so weird seeing some people in school do a complete 180 on how you perceived them to be.

Plus I like snooping and getting hearsay (gossip) about my old jr. high and high school acquaintances

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Social media amplifies the negative. For sure. Don't let your kid have a smartphone.
    Im with you about kids not having phones but my daughters only in grade 7 and every kid has a phone and all they talk about is that tik tok
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My kid has a flip phone so low tech she can't even see emojis if you text them to her. I'm pretty happy with that situation.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Yeah, agree with you for the most part. As long as it doesn't go too far and ends up causing some kind of long term depression/trauma.

It's interesting because as I get older, I see those around me who I interacted with when younger and you can see some results of those you knew were bullied or weren't. The ones who were bullied seemed to have tougher skin and doing well in life, and the ones who weren't bullied or were the bullies never really had the "tough love" they needed and turned out into a less-than-stellar adult. It's so weird seeing some people in school do a complete 180 on how you perceived them to be.

Plus I like snooping and getting hearsay (gossip) about my old jr. high and high school acquaintances
    The very few bullies at my schools all became total losers.

What was weird is some of them came from upper-middle-class families, and they became things like zamboni driver.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    The very few bullies at my schools all became total losers.

What was weird is some of them came from upper-middle-class families, and they became things like zamboni driver.
    Couldn't make it in the rink, so they made the rink. Classic.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I skipped my 20 year high school reunion when it came up a few years back because I was unemployed at the time and assumed I'd be bullied for that fact. Wasn't really bullied in high school, but I know who the asshole were, and I wasn't interested in seeing them when I was feeling vulnerable.

My Ride
    Ford F150

From my many friends with kids of various ages, I have heard stories of modern day bullying such as:

1) girls being relentlessly bullied for being thin
    2) boys being bullied for being athletic or muscular
    3) kids being excluded from all social activities because they dont have an iphone and their class only talks via imessage
    4) girls being bullied for not sending nudes to a guy
    5) girls being bullied for sending nudes to a guy
    6) kids being bullies for being poor
    7) kids being bullied for being rich
    8) kids being physically bullied by a classmate who clearly has a bad home life and takes it out on others

Other than the first 2 being a weird flipflop from when I grew up, I'm not sure much else has changed except technology and how vast the bullying can be. When I grew up, if you were teased at school, it generally ended at 3pm. These days it can be 24/7 thanks to the internet, and the fact that kids seem to have cell phones with data plans before they're even in middle school.

I don't have kids yet, and I have all sorts of plans in my head for teaching them how to deal with it, but I'm knowingly ignorant on it all. Ive seen friends' kids go through hell and my gut reaction is as joked about above, go visit the other dad with a baseball bat. So I'm not sure how prepared I really am for it.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    My kid has a flip phone so low tech she can't even see emojis if you text them to her. I'm pretty happy with that situation.
    I would be all for a low tech device but then id be too worried shed get bullied for that, its brutal being a parent these days with all this social media crap. Fuck its brutal being an adult with all this social media crap....

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    3) kids being excluded from all social activities because they dont have an iphone and their class only talks via imessage
    @rage2 you bully!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast