Quantcast
Bullying in 2021 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying in 2021

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Bullying in 2021

I was born in the 70s and experienced it and well as dished it out.

It was physical intimidation usually, or getting made fun of. I don’t know how many nicknames I had that were variations of my name or because I wore glasses.

What’s it like now?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Pretty sure 99% of it is hidden behind keyboards online now.
    Like screenshots of conversations, easy to start rumours etc.

Probably the worst for the kids who identify as LGBTQIA
    Or if your mom makes income from onlyfans...

Is this an example of being bullied? https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/414...andicap-spots?

Nah, have a friend whose kid got bullied the old fashioned way recently.

My Ride
    *The First*

The world is so so so much more progressive, now. We've made incredible leaps forward.
    There are now fat bullies and fat kids can somehow be cool. It's like a chrysalis and rebirth. So liberating!

Just the other day, some obese little walrus with eyes like piss-holes in the snow was bullying my kid.
    I'm so grateful that childhood obesity has reached a level of normalcy that this Crisco-sweating, puke-stain feels the confidence to harass other kids.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The world is so so so much more progressive, now. We've made incredible leaps forward.
    There are now fat bullies and fat kids can somehow be cool. It's like a chrysalis and rebirth. So liberating!

Just the other day, some obese little walrus with eyes like piss-holes in the snow was bullying my kid.
    I'm so grateful that childhood obesity has reached a level of normalcy that this Crisco-sweating, puke-stain feels the confidence to harass other kids.
    I actually asked my kid about this yesterday. He's in grade 6. He says he never sees anyone being teased for anything, everyone is pretty nice.

Wtf is that shit.

Edit: I do remember a time I think last year when a few kids told my kid "this is a 3 player game, you can't play" to which he replied " want me to knock you out?"

Maybe my kid is the bully....shit.
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 02-27-2021 at 02:50 PM.

There were fat bullies back in my day.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

It was never addressed when I was young. Boys will be boys. Suck it up. My own mother told me I must be doing something to these kids for them to bully me.

Things are different now. There are real repercussions (sort of), anti-bullying campaigns, pink shirt days, and a culture which holds the schools responsible (somewhat) for inaction.

As was mentioned, I bet a lot of it happens via technology now where kids can be emboldened to hide behind their keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Things are different now. There are real repercussions (sort of), anti-bullying campaigns, pink shirt days, and a culture which holds the schools responsible (somewhat) for inaction.
    It's all talk. Kids still get bullied and the schools still do SFA.

My Ride
    *The First*

It seems the daycare and school closures from a year ago have really done a number on some kids in certain age groups. Really really poor coping skills that are causing maladjusted behaviour.

Reminds me of this one Modern Family episode where the gay guy with the beard goes back to his old high school to chaperone a dance....turns out, the gay kid in the class is now bullying everyone else, including this gay main character, in the end, he ends up shoving the kid in to a locker ROFL

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

After I got out of high school I got attacked all the time for "probably being a big man in high school, but not now". I was the agent of everyone's high school bully. Reality was more often than not I stood up for people and just wanted to be left the fuck alone to make fart jokes with my limited amount of acquaintances. I'd get picked on, it would eventually get physical, then I'd get called a bully if I punched the dude in the face or something. Yay for being 6'3" and 270 in HS.

Jesus F Christ.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Double post.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 02-28-2021 at 05:28 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    It's all talk. Kids still get bullied and the schools still do SFA.
    I'm sure they do still get bullied - but with everyone more aware and with schools at least sometimes doling out punishments (both of which didnt exist when I was in HS). I imagine parents feel more empowered now to insist the schools do something as well if such a situation does occur.

The acceptance of bullying has largely changed, and I think it will continue to move in the right direction. Of course, there will always be assholes (even young ones) but I think the more that speak up against them, the less likely they will be inclined to hurt others. At least publicly.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

I think most of it is online.

If it's not online, it's just general shit talking and rumour spreading. Which my line of work is known for. It's like working with high school kids but worse.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Nah, have a friend whose kid got bullied the old fashioned way recently.
    This.
    And with wide available technology, it just can happen in person and easy as well as "online", if the intent is there.

But depends with various kids and areas too. Different schools in different landscapes and you have more bullies than some for some reason.

In before Mitsu posts a wall of text on some anecdotal stuff about his cousin's best friend's dad said about his nephew in 2010 and applies it across the board present day
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-28-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I'm sure they do still get bullied - but with everyone more aware and with schools at least sometimes doling out punishments (both of which didnt exist when I was in HS). I imagine parents feel more empowered now to insist the schools do something as well if such a situation does occur.

The acceptance of bullying has largely changed, and I think it will continue to move in the right direction. Of course, there will always be assholes (even young ones) but I think the more that speak up against them, the less likely they will be inclined to hurt others. At least publicly.
    Oh the schools all talk the talk. And believe me, parents speak up. And the schools ask the bully to please stop. After that fails they sorta shrug their shoulders.

You stop bullying now like you did back then. Get your dad to go to the bullies house and crack the bully's dad head open with a bat.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh the schools all talk the talk. And believe me, parents speak up. And the schools ask the bully to please stop. After that fails they sorta shrug their shoulders.

You stop bullying now like you did back then. Get your dad to go to the bullies house and crack the bully's dad head open with a bat.
    Thank goodness you said I could use a bat. I'm weaker than most of the dads of my kids classmates.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I thought you just get you dad to fuck his dad as a power move? If you are over 16, you fuck his dad yourself.

Bullying stops instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I thought you just get you dad to fuck his dad as a power move? If you are over 16, you fuck his dad yourself.

Bullying stops instantly.
    Tried that, ended up having MSM for a few years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast