Quantcast
SN10 Rocket landing. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: SN10 Rocket landing.

Default SN10 Rocket landing.

Did land vertical, and was stable for 14 minutes. Not sure if it goes in the win column.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Watched live today. Just as I whipped out my phone to get a picture if it leaning it blew the fuck up. Impressive landing nonetheless.

In a small way its kind of re-assuring that NASA does not "give out" technology, even to white richest man on earth Billionaires.

I always thought it was simply a race thing, that somehow they were keeping "China and Russia" down, but its pretty obvious by now - they keep everyone down. Buzz hiding the secret sauce for 51 years is not an easy task. Knowledge sharing, three middle fingers up on that idea.

Making sure no one else is successful (including young white males born in the USA) seems to be extreme priority for NASA . I'd say it is even more important than going to the moon again. Not exactly the moral or progressive stance I might have taken though. I'd actually like to see a man in space (further than 250 miles above the surface of the planet) before 2050. Born 4 years too late to see it happen on TV.

China might just give up on chemical propulsion altogether and go combination railgun and ion thruster. Especially if it costs Billions of dollars of combustible chemicals per launch. One Turbine on the three gorges dam (reliable, but seasonal energy) converted to railgun energy, should be more than enough to launch a man to Jupiter.

Never thought I'd see a day where a 1HP electric vehicle could move someone at 60km/h for 15 kilometers on three cents worth of electricity.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-06-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.