Quantcast
94 Octane Gas - Where? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: 94 Octane Gas - Where?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 94 Octane Gas - Where?

    So the Husky in Dalhousie no longer has 94(not sure if permanent), where are you guys getting it in Calgary? Sucks because Dalhousie is so handy for me. Also curious if there’s 93 or 92 out there? Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    ferd furkus rs
    Posts
    3,579
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    G&b fuel in hawkwood, any petrocan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    335d, GP2, P71
    Posts
    6,522
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    G&B, Petro and Chevron. No more Husky.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I go to Chevron for 94, ethanol free

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Cool. Thanks! Would you say Chevron is the best of the 3?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I think Rage mentioned this a few years ago - if your car is NA, and calls for 93 from the factory (or tune) - apparently you can get away with 91 at our altitude.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    92 735il, 02 Impreza, 93 Grand Cherokee
    Posts
    3,022
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Yeah if your car is NA you can go down a peg here. And as mentioned if you're in the deep NW then G&B hawkwood has good 94.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    UZJ100, D2 S8, UrQuattro
    Posts
    1,416
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    +1 for Chevron - ethanol free and dedicated nozzle for 94.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1 for Chevron - ethanol free and dedicated nozzle for 94.
    Really??

    Ethanol free?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    B8.5 S4
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    My car logged like shit on Chevron 94 compared to Husky 94. This sucks.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,165
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bspot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car logged like shit on Chevron 94 compared to Husky 94. This sucks.
    If you dig through my old posts, I had the same problems with Chevron 94. Maybe it's better if you could tune for it, but back then I could only get it in BC, no tuning on road trips. Car drove and pinged like shit on it everywhere. Part throttle, WOT, just shit.

    That said I was tuned to the edge of Husky 94 so def very sensitive to fuel.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    B8.5 S4
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Any thoughts on my best bet to try next? I suspect the ethanol helped with the heat issues of a supercharger. I’ve logged Shell 91 as well and it was not much different from Chevron 94.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Might just have to try all of them and see some logs. So all husky getting rid of 94? Oh well, it worked great and hopefully one of these will be as good as husky.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    335d, GP2, P71
    Posts
    6,522
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I had a car that ran Petro 94 and was also very unhappy on Chevron 94.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,165
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    In my later days of tuning I pretty much just use shell 91. It’s got a high tolerance for knock, just a tad below husky 94. I’d say its lowballed rated at 91. The bonus is fuel economy because no ethanol. The peak power between shell 91 and husky 94 was negligible. This is assuming things haven’t changed. Tuning for husky 94 was great in the city, but made road trips unbearable especially going to BC because no other fuel ran good on a 94 husky tune. Shell is just available everywhere.

    My HPF m3 where the tune is locked down only ran on shell 91. Knocked on everything else, even part throttle. Terrible.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    B8.5 S4
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I don’t know if it’s because of heat issues, but I knock on Shell 91 and have zero knock on Husky 94.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bspot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know if it’s because of heat issues, but I knock on Shell 91 and have zero knock on Husky 94.
    boost? (turbo or SC)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    B8.5 S4
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    boost? (turbo or SC)
    SC with a pulley. So lots of heat to go around.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary, alberta, canada
    My Ride
    Lezbox
    Posts
    5,521
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Likely going to re-tune for shell this year, unsure if this will push petro to drop 94
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Nothing
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Rage mentioned this a few years ago - if your car is NA, and calls for 93 from the factory (or tune) - apparently you can get away with 91 at our altitude.
    I buy that - my Viper was tuned for 93 but runs perfectly well (no knocking, pulled timing, etc.) on Shell 91.

    Same story with my 2014 GT500 - all the basic mods (tb, pulley, longtubes, off-road H, cai, etc.) and a canned tune for 93 but runs perfectly well on Shell 91.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 94-Octane Gas here in Calgary?! Does it exist??

    By Fluidic in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 04-08-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. 94 Octane Pump Gas is HERE at Mohawk!

    By rage2 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 155
    Latest Threads: 09-25-2003, 01:50 AM
  3. HIGHEST octane at calgary gas stations

    By ACS-e36 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 59
    Latest Threads: 03-30-2003, 09:08 AM
  4. FS: Killer octane boost/ cheaper than gas!!

    By Hollywood in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 26
    Latest Threads: 10-12-2002, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •