Quantcast
Ottawa is considering vaccine passports - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa is considering vaccine passports

My Ride
    '14 Taco

So confusing why people are against this.. if you don't want to travel to other countries, don't worry about it.. If you do, get vaccinated. Lots of places in the world require you to have certain vaccinations before visiting, I have no problem with Canada being on that list for incoming travellers..

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So confusing why people are against this.. if you don't want to travel to other countries, don't worry about it.. If you do, get vaccinated. Lots of places in the world require you to have certain vaccinations before visiting, I have no problem with Canada being on that list for incoming travellers..
    You would be surprised to how many small minded people there are in this world.

It’s terrifying.

My Ride
    *The First*

It's because our government can't manage to get more vaccines than Serbia. My motivation to trust the government of a G7 nation who can't get more vaccines than Serbia is low. If you give them the opportunity, they will fuck this upsidedown and backwards.

Where was Canada 30 years ago? Trying to get Serbia out of the Dark Ages during a civil war with a dictator for a leader.
    Where is Canada today? Looking for used vaccine needles that Serbia has left behind like a homeless meth head.

Justin Trudeau - he's just not ready.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

So because Canada cant get their shit together, we shouldnt have vaccine passports as we might not get to travel? If i was the other countries, sounds like too bad for us till we get our shit together. Cant really blame them, and doesnt mean we shouldnt have passports to travel.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

so is our concern about non-Canadians coming in here and bringing the filthy germs with them? I guess that will help for a couple of months, but at the speed vaccines are being rolled out, I would say the rest of the world is lower risk than us Canadians. I am still confused.

I'm not even joking, can someone explain like I'm a moron, which I may be, what risk the passports will reduce?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Vaccine passports work if there are enough vaccines to go around to enable them.

We have literally no credible line of sight to being there.

It would be like Trudeau having a press conference discussing what he would do with an upcoming budget surplus, it’s an irrelevant thought exercise covering a situation that doesn’t exist.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Yes. Reduce morons. Precisely. If you're not willing to get vaccinated, stay in your country, that's fine by me. People cant even go to Banff without almost getting mauled by a bear for their photobook, why should i presume they have the brain to get a vaccine? If I cant get a vaccine cause of my government, sucks to be me, but sounds like i dont get to go sit on a beach for a few more months.. woe is me

If the vaccines are rolled out to such a great extent, then the vaccine passport will just be a simple check at the border with literally zero impact to our day to day.... If it keeps Q-Anon-Bob from coming up to go to stampede, oh no.

Yes. Reduce morons. Precisely. If you're not willing to get vaccinated, stay in your country, that's fine by me. People cant even go to Banff without almost getting mauled by a bear for their photobook, why should i presume they have the brain to get a vaccine? If I cant get a vaccine cause of my government, sucks to be me, but sounds like i dont get to go sit on a beach for a few more months.. woe is me

If the vaccines are rolled out to such a great extent, then the vaccine passport will just be a simple check at the border with literally zero impact to our day to day.... If it keeps Q-Anon-Bob from coming up to go to stampede, oh no.
    If you want to get a vaccine, do it.
    If someone doesn't want to get a vaccine and travel, what do you care? You're already "protected".

Travel at your own risk. Pretty simple concept to me.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Travel is a perk. Its not a right. I'm super cool with Canada dictating that if you're so inclined to not be vaccinated, you dont get to waltz in.

Travel is a perk. Its not a right. I'm super cool with Canada dictating that if you're so inclined to not be vaccinated, you dont get to waltz in.
    The choice to get vaccinated is also a perk of living in a country with the freedoms we do.

Once again, if you choose to get vaccinated and are "protected", what do you care if other people have chosen not to get the vaccine.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    The choice to get vaccinated is also a perk of living in a country with the freedoms we do.

Once again, if you choose to get vaccinated and are "protected", what do you care if other people have chosen not to get the vaccine.
    People are generally very supportive of societal restrictions that they don’t see as affecting themselves.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So if all of Canada gets the vaccine, then why do we care if unvaccinated travelers come in?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm not even joking, can someone explain like I'm a moron, which I may be, what risk the passports will reduce?
    Absolutely nothing, but it'll make small minded people who need the gov't to tell them how to live feel really good.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

So if all of Canada gets the vaccine, then why do we care if unvaccinated travelers come in?
    Pretty much the exact point I am trying to make.

If you're vaccinated, why do you care what the rest of society chooses to do...

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Because omg hospitals!!! It’s like people caring about abortions, what business is it of yours? People just love sticking their noses into things they shouldn’t be. Case in point the entire woke liberal movement.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Because this will become a yearly vaccine, and to maintain control of a virus you have to always be one step ahead. Allowing unvaccinated people into the Country provides an avenue for new strains.

How do you think this all started.

What does our current vaccine supply challenges have to do with this? I don't think i saw a date on any of this saying its going to be implemented relatively soon unless i missed something? If they go ahead with it, it would obviously only start AFTER everyone has had a chance to become fully vaccinated which i think is probably end of September conservatively (but the way things are trending it's looking to be sooner than that).

I can think of 2 reasons:
    1. All of Canada will not be vaccinated. There is always going to be a certain % of the Canadian population who won't get it for whatever reason including 'reasonable' ones like being under 16 (currently no approved vaccine for kids), allergies, and all the way up to anti-vaxxers. Forcing people to get a vaccine won't happen, so blocking unvaccinated tourists from entering Canada in theory prevents spread to those unprotected people
    2. What if an unvaccinated person comes here, catches COVID, then is stuck in a hospital in the ICU for 25 days. If they don't have travel insurance (and many people don't get travel insurance), are you OK with your taxpayer money paying for their hospital stay?
    Last edited by sabad66; 03-09-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Because this will become a yearly vaccine, and to maintain control of a virus you have to always be one step ahead. Allowing unvaccinated people into the Country provides an avenue for new strains.

How do you think this all started.
    By someone eating a bat. Duhhh

The nature of a virus is to continually mutate. Its already too late, Covid 19 etc etc etc will be around in perpetuity and will become another variation of the flu shot.

Much the same as H1N1.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    2. What if an unvaccinated person comes here, catches COVID, then is stuck in a hospital in the ICU for 25 days. If they don't have travel insurance (and many people don't get travel insurance), are you OK with your taxpayer money paying for their hospital stay?
    Okay, this hadn't occurred to me. saving money on providing healthcare for sick foreigners. That's a reason. Not sure it's enough of a reason, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

What if an un-insured traveler comes here and gets hit by a car or is in a car accident and is in hospital?
    What if an un-insured traveler comes here and catches xxxx variant of any illness and is in hospital?

There will always be risk.

Sounds like we should just ban travel to keep everyone safe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast