Quantcast
Advice on possibly purchasing a MB GLK250 Bluetec - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice on possibly purchasing a MB GLK250 Bluetec

My Ride
    V8s

I don't think that's worth $24k... looking at what's listed for that price, they have slightly more km's but they aren't rusty and have mint interiors, and most have two sets of wheels/tires. Rust and a tear in the seat demolishes the value. $19k might be a fair price, but it's not a steal IMO. If you are on the fence whatsoever, I'd suggest you pass.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

this is a shitbox, pass. A million similar sized SUV's that are in better condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Heres a quick price run down for you for common failures on the GLK Bluetecs since its slow at work. Note these are all retail dealership pricing for just the parts, you may be able to get things cheaper with aftermarket parts

Adblue Pre-heater $1250
    Adblue Pump $1249
    Additive Line $629
    Adblue Injector and Clamp $670
    DPF Filter $1687

And the most commonly replaced part on the Adblue system are the Nox Sensors, which usually is 2 on the vehicles. Front and rear sensors. Usually $890/each.

We usually have everything except the DPF Filter on the shelf. Kept our doors open during Covid, and that extreme cold snap was awesome for sales.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    bus

Holy smokes, at those prices I definitely can’t afford a out of warranty MB.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I don't think that's worth $24k... looking at what's listed for that price, they have slightly more km's but they aren't rusty and have mint interiors, and most have two sets of wheels/tires. Rust and a tear in the seat demolishes the value. $19k might be a fair price, but it's not a steal IMO. If you are on the fence whatsoever, I'd suggest you pass.
    Well, it does come with summers on 20" AMG-styled rims. haha. I would be willing to have the seat repaired but rust...

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    this is a shitbox, pass. A million similar sized SUV's that are in better condition.
    Hmm. Perhaps you guys are right, especially if I don't have the income to support extensive repairs. Unfortunately, my wife sat in it and fell in love with the support the seats give her back. Now everything else will be compared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Heres a quick price run down for you for common failures on the GLK Bluetecs since its slow at work. Note these are all retail dealership pricing for just the parts, you may be able to get things cheaper with aftermarket parts

Adblue Pre-heater $1250
    Adblue Pump $1249
    Additive Line $629
    Adblue Injector and Clamp $670
    DPF Filter $1687

And the most commonly replaced part on the Adblue system are the Nox Sensors, which usually is 2 on the vehicles. Front and rear sensors. Usually $890/each.

We usually have everything except the DPF Filter on the shelf. Kept our doors open during Covid, and that extreme cold snap was awesome for sales.
    Good info, thanks! How common is it to need to replace those parts?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post

Good info, thanks! How common is it to need to replace those parts?
    LPT: If a parts counter always has specific parts on hand, it's because they sell a lot of them. Even worse if they don't even have to look it up. It's time to run if they just reach under the counter to grab one. *cough* Chevy tailgate handles *cough*

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

have you considered a ten year old Ford Escape? Buy three of them for that price and just throw them away if they break. (only half joking)
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Stay far away from any diesel MB.
    The pre-heater and Nox sensors will fail especially in really cold weather. You pretty much have to park the vehicle for winter if you get it.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    There is simply no way my wife will drive a minivan, and I would rather not as well. haha As it is her company, she wants to have a vehicle that gives the appearance of being successful and good at what she does. In no way does this need to be a luxury vehicle, but for these purposes, SUV>minivan. If you hired an interior designer, do you think it would matter what vehicle they pulled up to your house in and whether or not it made them look successful?

I would rather get a decent, average SUV, but for the equivalent price, there are CX-5 GS's and such. A lot less vehicle for the same money, often higher mileage as well.

Perhaps if I need to ask all these questions, I should stay away from MB...
    haha, I asked my wife if she wanted an SUV and she gave a blank stare "why would I want to spend $$ on something that costs more, costs more to maintain, has less space, worse off in the city, ......"

But yes, there is the industry 'appearance' as well - if the rest of the group is driving in BMWs and you show up in a Corolla, it does not bode too well. In my wifes case, as long as her vehicle (Van/Suv) was COSMETICALLY kept up, it was fine for her.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    Are you deadset on getting the diesel??...because I know for a fact that the GLK350 is one of the most reliable vehicles MB has ever made in history (I owned a 2010 with 230,000km on it did a lot of research before buying it).
    Explain. Is it the engine/tranny combo or something else? I made fun of a coworker for buying one of these last year, I may owe them an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by guessboi View Post
    Stay far away from any diesel MB.
    The pre-heater and Nox sensors will fail especially in really cold weather. You pretty much have to park the vehicle for winter if you get it.
    My friend tells me this too - stay away from all diesel MB and buy the gasoline version instead. Was looking at a ML350, once my friend saw the bluetec he said don't bother.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Golf sportwagen manual transmission in red color. Always the answer.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Golf sportwagen manual transmission in red color. Always the answer.
    Wait, what?? I thought the answer was always a Honda Fit if an F150 wasn’t an option??

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Okay, Honda Fit or Sportwagen. Not a truck. Gross.

My Ride
    V8s

Are we not recommending Trackhawks anymore?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Are we not recommending Trackhawks anymore?
    Nope. Either a TRX or whatever that 200k Durango was
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Thing sounds like a POS.

Try not to become affected by "I can say I drive a Mercedes" syndrome and overlook the negatives of a clapped out Benz because of the badge on the front.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    Thing sounds like a POS.

Try not to become affected by "I can say I drive a Mercedes" syndrome and overlook the negatives of a clapped out Benz because of the badge on the front.
    The wife seems to think otherwise. "LOOK AT ME I HAVE A BENZ" - this is very common (then after a few months, the reality of owning such a vehicle as a DD, esp in the winter, sinks in)
    Last edited by revelations; 03-12-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Explain. Is it the engine/tranny combo or something else? I made fun of a coworker for buying one of these last year, I may owe them an apology.
    I've come across more than few MB techs posting online that they NEVER see GLK's come in for repairs. I believe the same applies to the C Class platform it's built on, don't quote me.

Anyways, I bought mine as a winter beater, 2010, first year model, it had about 225,000km on it and I sold it at 230,000km when I bought an FX37 instead. The only thing I had to change out was a some sort of sensor, I can't even remember but there was so much room in the engine bay in the front that it was one of the easiest DIYs I've ever done. The engine itself was as quiet as new, and the tranny worked like new too. I read used reviews too from car journalists and every one I read said that it was super reliable...

There was one thing that made it one of the favorite vehicles I've ever owned.....the sound and feel the door/door handle made every time I opened and closed it, it was like heaven LOL I've owned BMWs before and never felt anything like that...it was pure sex haha sometimes I would just go in the garage and unlock the car just so I could do this.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The wife seems to think otherwise. "LOOK AT ME I HAVE A BENZ" - this is very common (then after a few months, the reality of owning such a vehicle as a DD, esp in the winter, sinks in)
    Yeah, meanwhile those people always seem to be the ones in a leased base model C Class. Or Arbonne bought it for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast