Quantcast
4 Day Work Week - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Day Work Week

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If my schedule was 4/10, my company would get more overtime out of me. Right now I very rarely work on a Saturday leaving me only one day off (unless we're completely slammed), but if they needed me on my Friday, leaving me with two days off, yeah for sure I would be there.
    I've been working way too many Saturdays since November. My crews have been working more then me. I hope thing slow down a little, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. Better to be busy than not, I suppose.....

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Is that implying the pool boy is over from Mon-Thu?
    But think of the money they save when because the pool boy comes over one less day.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    Lol I love these uneducated posts. HK GDP per capita is higher than Canadas.

Also note, HK People work 10 hours a week for 5-6 days a week is a norm. However, the employment contract says differently. I work 9-7/8pm 5 days a week and my contract states 845am-515. Many of peers need to work on Saturdays during month end or whenever needed.

Thinking back working 5 days a week in Canada, compared to HK, is like a fart in a hurricane. Breeze. You lazy fuckups.
    Yeah...
    I respect Buster n all but sometimes his posts about other places in the world is cringy as hell. Total lack of understanding unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    But think of the money they save when because the pool boy comes over one less day.
    Lol.

My Ride
    ute

Also note, HK People work 10 hours a week for 5-6 days a week is a norm. However, the employment contract says differently. I work 9-7/8pm 5 days a week and my contract states 845am-515. Many of peers need to work on Saturdays during month end or whenever needed.

Thinking back working 5 days a week in Canada, compared to HK, is like a fart in a hurricane. Breeze. You lazy fuckups.
    HK is just part of China now, so the distinction isn't that interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...
    I respect Buster n all but sometimes his posts about other places in the world is cringy as hell. Total lack of understanding unfortunately.
    Just post data. Nothing else needed.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/

Name:  china.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  69.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    HK is just part of China now, so the distinction isn't that interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Just post data. Nothing else needed.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/

Name:  china.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  69.8 KB
    I wish I could argue against that lol. That said, my China IT partners/vendors work like 12 hours a day 7 days week? Even with HK's work ethics, saying Chinese firms ishardworking is an understatement.

I never realized how spoiled Canadians (including myself) are until I spend the last 7 years in Asia. Complaining about 5 x 8 hour work weeks, 4 acre land is too "small", beer is not cold enough?...

Love it! Cant wait to relocate back to fairytale land haha
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride

It's OK to be wrong sometimes dude. No need to move the goal post and make some weird comments about GDP and then how Hong Kong is basically China, lol.

For a 42 year old, I expected more.

My Ride
    ute

It's OK to be wrong sometimes dude. No need to move the goal post and make some weird comments about GDP and then how Hong Kong is basically China, lol.

For a 42 year old, I expected more.
    Wrong about what?

Just post data. All that's needed. I love HK, visited numerous times. But I think the demographic on beyond tends to...artificially inflate...where HK stands.

Do you know where HK would sit if it it was a US city in GDP/capita? Barely cracking the Top 100. It would be right around such important global economic hubs as Birmingham, Alabama, and Chayenne Wyoming.

Do you know where HK would sit in total GDP compared to US cities? Not even Top10. It's not even in the same conversation as NYC, LA, Chicago, SF.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could argue against that lol. That said, my China IT partners/vendors work like 12 hours a day 7 days week? Even with HK's work ethics, saying Chinese firms ishardworking is an understatement.

I never realized how spoiled Canadians (including myself) are until I spend the last 7 years in Asia. Complaining about 5 x 8 hour work weeks, 4 acre land is too "small", beer is not cold enough?...

Hard work is over-rated. It is necessary but insufficient.

That's why the whole 4 day work week concept is so dumb. If you can do Y amount of work in 4 days, why not do 1.25 times Y in 5 days.

That's why the whole 4 day work week concept is so dumb. If you can do Y amount of work in 4 days, why not do 1.25 times Y in 5 days.
    I am not disagreeing with 4 day work week lol. I would love that. But I am just referring to your first comment that China/HK people calling north americans lazy is 'wrong'. I can truly agree when my Chinese peers call me lazy lol. I enjoy work life balance. Efficiency and working smarter, rather than working harder. However, Asian culture paints a different picture. They need to see the effort and not just the results lol. Thats why many(some?) people work long long hours to prove self worth in HK.
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    ute

I am not disagreeing with 4 day work week lol. I would love that. But I am just referring to your first comment that China/HK people calling north americans lazy is 'wrong'. I can truly agree when my Chinese peers call me lazy lol. I enjoy work life balance. Efficiency and working smarter, rather than working harder. However, Asian culture paints a different picture. They need to see the effort and not just the results lol. Thats why many(some?) people work long long hours to prove self worth in HK.
    This is an interesting statement...I wonder where this comes from. Results should always be more important than effort.

My Ride

This is an interesting statement...I wonder where this comes from. Results should always be more important than effort.
    Look at Canada/US and all the old boys who expect you to be physically in the office and "do the time" to show you are working hard.

This is very regular mindset even here in North America. Of course we know what "should" be more important, tell that to Bob the middle manager.

Actually, I asked my local colleagues before. One comment stuck with me: due to SARS back in 2003/4, job losses and layoffs were significant. Therefore, people would work long OT to justify their role. I assume this does not actually help in practice but people do what they do feel secure.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The concept of working long hours to prove your worth is super common in China. Long hours of not producing fucking results in the case of my Chinese coworkers. No fucking thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So people in Hong Kong work excessive hours for the sake of being seen working excessive hours, and we are supposed to laud them for being different than the rest of the sweatshop that is China... why?

They can have it lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

This is great for commission or contract work where the extra work translates to more money or more free time down the line, but it's a sucker play for most.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The concept of working long hours to prove your worth is super common in China. Long hours of not producing fucking results in the case of my Chinese coworkers. No fucking thanks.
    Japan still has not shaked that. Long hours, low productivity.

Huawei is famous for 996 and that's now the tech norm while the government isn't enforcing shit and look the other way because progress. Causing suicides or working to death. Something Japanese and Korean knows too well. CCP lost the 2nd C long ago. That's why they have been playing the patriotism card in the last couple decade and indoctrinating kids on it. That's also why they are ramping up the surveillance because the environment is right again for 2nd Cultural Revolution and for another Mao to step in as people are sick of being exploited and still being left behind in this capitalism.

If you talk to Chinese that went thru adulthood thru Mao years, they ain't that patriotic compared to generation coming up.

HK GDP is all real estates. As security law comes in and businesses that can leave, leaves and tourism is still dead due to COVID, there isn't any positive outlooks for it.

And China only have about 10-20 years left before they get fucked by the real estate bubble.

TLDR, when your GDP is all housing and 80% transaction in 2nd/3rd home but your population is about to be halved in the next century due to low birth rate (with in itself is caused by unaffordable housing), this is basically GME stonk but in the $trillion scale.

Look at Canada/US and all the old boys who expect you to be physically in the office and "do the time" to show you are working hard.

This is very regular mindset even here in North America. Of course we know what "should" be more important, tell that to Bob the middle manager.

Seems like some of that mindset is breaking thanks to COVID and WFH.

The reason Huawei is doing so well wasn't just pricing. The turn around time is usually 2x faster than Ericsson. But given the engineer responsible probably work 2x longer per week, it made sense.

Read up on 996 culture or Obama's documentary American Factory. Basically the entrepreneurs are calling North Americans lazy fucks but once the Chinese workers see what working life is outside of China they all feel ripped off.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-24-2021 at 08:51 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

^One belt. One road.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Wrong about what?

Just post data. All that's needed. I love HK, visited numerous times. But I think the demographic on beyond tends to...artificially inflate...where HK stands.

Do you know where HK would sit if it it was a US city in GDP/capita? Barely cracking the Top 100. It would be right around such important global economic hubs as Birmingham, Alabama, and Chayenne Wyoming.

Do you know where HK would sit in total GDP compared to US cities? Not even Top10. It's not even in the same conversation as NYC, LA, Chicago, SF.

- - - Updated - - -

Arguing against people who's position is ingrained in them at the cellular level due to their own sunk cost is a tough job. Even though they are donating half of their waking life to a billionaire in return for a small amount of resources, they will defend it in every way possible. We want our stuff, and we want to look over at the other guy's car who only got cloth seats, where we have luxurious leather, etc. If we were all safe from being homeless, unfed, or bankrupt, I suspect the middle-class showboating nonsense would be over with. Dudes flexin anything when they're closer to homelessness than being ultra wealthy is cuckoo. Debt funding that is even worse.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Also, another good one about aging demographic.

EDIT: Comments are now turned off, 50c army must got to it once Youtube started to promo this one.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-24-2021 at 09:35 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

But is that extra 25% actual value add or is it just people trying to fill their seat for one more day? Make-work and face time

I'd bet at least half of the salaried office type jobs out there could cut back one day a week, maintain the same pay/benefits, and the company would be completely unaffected on profit, productivity, etc. Its just a small subset of people that add enough value that that 25% factor would actually mean anything, and those types probably stopped watching the clock years ago.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's racist.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast