Quantcast
Garage Light Upgrading - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garage Light Upgrading

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can build something sturdy out of lumber if you are inclined, or rent scaffolding.

Also, I was going to LEDfy my garage but then I saw these and I just screwed in daylight white, LEDs and my garage life improved.
    Anyone notice these things fucking with your garage door opener signal?

Been having issues with my door opener in my car lately ( could be literally in the driveway and it won’t open ). Finally figured out the common denominator is when I have these lights turned on my issues become MUCH more frequent. And never used to have issues with my old shitty incandescents.

Is there any solution to this? Can I get extend the opener antenna closer to the door or something?

Part of the issue is the homelink opener in my car is definitely weak, it has this in common with my Last 2 series. But never had issues when the car is a foot from the door, range a bit lacking but that’s fine.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I bought these 4' lights to replace the led tri-light that just died on me. I had some issues with garage door signal but I think it was unrelated to the tri-light as I would not have that light on. I did also put the standard bulb style led's in the opener itself so not sure if that is causing the issue but very possible as it seems to always be having a problem closing the door and not opening, I.e. when leds are on
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Picked this up for $100 and goes to 12 feet. Will be changing out lights soon.

Name:  1876160099.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  29.2 KB

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

First row complete

Name:  20210527_134638.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  366.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Been having issues with my door opener in my car lately ( could be literally in the driveway and it won’t open ). Finally figured out the common denominator is when I have these lights turned on my issues become MUCH more frequent. And never used to have issues with my old shitty incandescents.

Is there any solution to this? Can I get extend the opener antenna closer to the door or something?

Part of the issue is the homelink opener in my car is definitely weak, it has this in common with my Last 2 series. But never had issues when the car is a foot from the door, range a bit lacking but that’s fine.
    Not surprised at all. Chinese made crap is crap.

Go full manual, put some solar panels on, they also interfere with garage door openers.

My Ride
    RX300

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

i ordered my first pair from Amazon and same issue, if i had them on i couldn't open my garage door, pretty much kept tripping my breaker.

i then saw some at Costco and bought a pair of those and have not had any issues whatsoever and pretty happy with them
    trying is the first step towards failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2