Quantcast
US treatment of Mexicans. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US treatment of Mexicans.

Default US treatment of Mexicans.

Should Canada sanction the USA for its treatment of Mexicans?

If Canada cared about what was happing at the US/Mexico border, they would have sanctioned a couple years ago when children were intentionally separated from their parents as a means of deterring subsequent asylum seekers. It was a lot worse before, not sure why it's being brought up now.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think the detainee Mexicans still have a higher standard of living then most reserves here.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Its pretty bad. Even by international standards.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think the detainee Mexicans still have a higher standard of living then most reserves here.
    True enough, but you could arguably say that natives here decided on that way of life. Natives that want to stay traditional to a hunter gatherer lifestyle or take the possibly harder road to try and assimilate. Robert Falcon Scott willingly made the trek to the South Pole.

The border crossers I'm pretty sure had no intention or want to be living shoulder to shoulder inside a air-sealed jailcell. Which BTW: I hope they are pumping enough fresh air into that place.

As to the perspective of South Americans. I think many are coming on the belief or at least dream that the "Homestead Act" still exists, which it does not - it ended in 1976.

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=31

The old idea of when the US government wants immigration they simply say "come", they would give you a little flag you could plant it on a 160 acre plot of land. You would build a sod hut (or if you were rich, a lumber house) and grow something on it - of which you would sell whatever you produced that first year, and then the land was yours.

It was true for 160 million acres of the USA, but not for blacks or asians. Blacks got a very specific reparation "fourty acres and a mule" of which Black farmers owned 14% of the farmable land in the USA in 1920. As of 2020, you might have already guessed but Black owned farms in the USA are much closer to 1.4% of the USA.

And Biden did say "come" afterall.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-01-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post

Its pretty bad. Even by international standards.
    Ted Cruz? Ya he is.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Canada is far too insignificant on the world stage. Any sort of virtue-signalling sanctions wouldn't do shit.

These people CHOSE to come to the USA illigally. Now they're upset? Fuck em. Nobody owes you shit. Go back to Mexico if you don't like it.

But did they really have a choice? Its sort of like if the USA bans the combustion engine, and you still really want to use or buy a combustion engine - what do you really do? Legally complain, or do you move to Khazakstan where you can run any gas guzzler with impunity.

I think that at least *one* Canadian MP with some balls should step forward and call out wrongdoing when the USA does something wrong on their own soil.

Banning mexicans is of course the USA perogative. They can easily do the same to Canada. Its a slippery slope.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-02-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

They’re BREAKING THE LAW. What don’t you understand?

Why do you expect the USA and Canada to be the worlds battered women’s shelter? We don’t owe those people anything. Like I said, fuck em.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post

These people CHOSE to come to the USA illigally. Now they're upset? Fuck em. Nobody owes you shit. Go back to Mexico if you don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    They’re BREAKING THE LAW. We don’t owe those people anything. Like I said, fuck em.
    aLl lIVeS maTtEr. The Mexican immigration into the US isn’t the problem, they are generally hardworking people that want to escape the shit hole that is Central America. The real threat is the religious middle eastern invasion of Europe. The UK is a lost cause at this point.

Legality aside: Look at this from the perspective of the Mexican kid though (who may or may not be old enough to know why its illegal for them to walk over a border) :

USA says "come" we got milk and honey and even a couple of candy here for you. The offer looks sketch, but they are in a rough situation at home anyhow, so they run. The risk does not pay off, as the first thing they come up to is a 800 pound gorilla who puts them all shoulder to shoulder in a tiny cage.

If you really look at it: https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Ma...09411001.html? Trigger warning.

Is this really what America is? Why is noone in Canada calling them out on it?

Next up: Your Canadian teenage daughter filled out the H2B or Covid border crossing form wrong when trying to go to Disneyland, sorry - we have to "detain" you until we can figure this out. Its the law.

Let this slide, and beware.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-03-2021 at 06:39 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Is this really what America is? Why is noone in Canada calling them out on it?
    Because, who gives a shit? Why does Canada need to be the virtue signalling "world warm and fuzzies" police? Does it make you feel nice inside to "do something" against a supposed injustice? (Again, they're entering the country illigally. what did they expect?)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You know you are literally arguing with the crazy person shouting nonsense from the street corner. Right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.