Quantcast
Inflation MEGATHREAD - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 242

Thread: Inflation MEGATHREAD

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Poland veering towards some serious trouble. Almost 7% inflation rate, they're basically going to be forced to raise their prime rate even more than what they have.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PC granola bars are now 26 grams instead of 28.
    #shrinkflation

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,598
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poland veering towards some serious trouble. Almost 7% inflation rate, they're basically going to be forced to raise their prime rate even more than what they have.
    I guess the budget in their country doesn't auto balance.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Food trucks are now not being allowed into Canada from the US if the driver isn't vaccinated.

    lol.

    We live in clown land.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Food trucks are now not being allowed into Canada from the US if the driver isn't vaccinated.

    lol.

    We live in clown land.
    Even I had to shake head at that one. On top of a driver shortage and they are letting teens to drive big rigs now.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...gram-rcna12817

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    https://globalnews.ca/news/8519786/g...uct-shortages/

    Global being alarmist in the last few years, but no doubt - one more minor shipping disruption anywhere and we are in real trouble.
    Lake mead tier 2a shortage. 12 generator shutdown at Hoover Dam.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    1,008
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Is anyone in the IT space seeing crazy lead times for product, we were told by our account managers at cisco yesterday that our lead times for new switches is now at 450 days.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even I had to shake head at that one. On top of a driver shortage and they are letting teens to drive big rigs now.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...gram-rcna12817
    As someone who was driving tractor trailers at 18, I see no problem with this.

    I've been a big advocate of apprenticeship programs for drivers for quite some time. Glad to see it happening.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone in the IT space seeing crazy lead times for product, we were told by our account managers at cisco yesterday that our lead times for new switches is now at 450 days.
    Cisco gears are the worst. But we get quoted around 180-210 days out for some stuff but it could be lies. But almost nobody has anything until Apr or May earliest. Most blame US gov spending cycle ending Mar 31st, so all gears are going to them 1st. At least that's the excuse I got from at least 2 vendors. TLDR, all my 60 days delivery now take at least 120. And it's getting worse. I may have to put some decommissioned gear and put back on maintenance at this pace.

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As someone who was driving tractor trailers at 18, I see no problem with this.

    I've been a big advocate of apprenticeship programs for drivers for quite some time. Glad to see it happening.
    The down side is they industry just doesn't want to pay. The lack of truck driver is partly pay. Get some more noobs on the road will keep pay low. But I agree, 21 is are pretty stupid line to set for entry, noobs are noobs, it's all about the right training standards. See Humboldt Broncos.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-20-2022 at 11:04 AM.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    As long as we treat truckers as minimum wage idiots, we will get (mostly) minimum wage idiots. There are no lack of people who would drive truck for higher compensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The down side is they industry just doesn't want to pay. The lack of truck driver is partly pay. Get some more noobs on the road will keep pay low. But I agree, 21 is are pretty stupid line to set for entry, noobs are noobs, it's all about the right training standards. See Humboldt Broncos.
    I don't think you're ever going to understand what an O/O is.

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,631
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The down side is they industry just doesn't want to pay. The lack of truck driver is partly pay. Get some more noobs on the road will keep pay low. But I agree, 21 is are pretty stupid line to set for entry, noobs are noobs, it's all about the right training standards. See Humboldt Broncos.
    I disagree with the pay aspect to an extent.
    Problem is they are competing with oilfield and numerous other industrial outfits that are willing to pay their drivers more.
    When I was managing field operations, we had drivers making $100k+/ year - One downside is they will not be home at all during their shift.

    That said, I have seen Coke and Pepsi offering $90k/year for a 10hr day 4on 3 off schedule which is incredibly gravy.

    The problem is boredom - Drivers very quickly burn out driving the same route day in and day out.

    As for Humboldt - One of my best friends lost their brother in that tragedy - it hit very close to home. Hence why I have been an advocate for driver apprenticeship and mentorship programs for years, even preceding the accident.
    I was able to successfully implement driver programs at a previous company.
    Unfortunately it took that incident for the majority of the industry to open their eyes.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    This is what markets are for

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    I'm starting to hear more and more than the interest rate dam isn't going to hold. We might see some big moves in yield in the next year. Hang onto your butts!

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,927
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Isn’t a hike next week almost entirely priced in already?

    And 4 more this year? You would know better than me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn’t a hike next week almost entirely priced in already?

    And 4 more this year? You would know better than me.
    I wish I did

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,927
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    I just listen to the talking heads on this topic.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    335d, FRS
    Posts
    6,943
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just listen to the talking heads on this topic.
    Once in a lifetime bud.

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Now is a great time to buy your Home, just say "this must be the place" and sing a naive melody.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Just watched The Big Shorts again out of the blue. Feel the need for some CDS.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Left 4 Dead 2 MEGATHREAD

    By scary_perry in forum Video Games
    Replies: 40
    Latest Threads: 03-24-2011, 09:52 AM
  2. ** Mountain Bike Megathread **

    By rmk in forum Cycling
    Replies: 379
    Latest Threads: 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM
  3. "Thinking of a 335i megathread" lol

    By Redlyne_mr2 in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM
  4. Official Megathread: Megathreads are annoying discussion

    By sexualbanana in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 06-30-2009, 01:50 PM
  5. Beijing Olympics MEGATHREAD

    By rmk in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 254
    Latest Threads: 08-25-2008, 07:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •