Quantcast
Kia EV6 Debut - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kia EV6 Debut

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't genesis the luxury car of Hyundai?
    It's the same family....

Hyundai = Chevy
    Kia = Buick/Pontiac
    Genesis = Caddy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I can't describe how excited this new future makes me!!

Future of cars is "does it run Netflix with HDR?" .
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-15-2021 at 12:07 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

IMO this is a beautiful looking SUV. That said while I'm sure my wife will eventually get an EV, I'm going to cling to ICE until the very end.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Future of cars is "does it run Netflix with HDR?" .
    Got to do something while you are waiting to charge... lol

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

These EV cars are going to change everything, power and styling

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Drift mode standard. Intro featuring Albert Biermann.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    I don't buy into the whole "green" concept, as seemingly reputable sources feel the environmental impact difference isn't as wide as claimed.

It's just better, more efficient power delivery... even "early" in the technology. Once all the big names are deep in it, the competing (and collaborative) r&d in such tech should be able to make it noticably better rather quickly. All this talk of such limited range won't even be a thing in a decade.

I still love high power ice engines. But unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) that tech is dead.

On a side note, I'm super impressed with the Koreans. They are finally penning their own designs and making cars that people both want and afford, finally all with up to date tech.

It's been a long journey.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 04-17-2021 at 01:33 AM.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Wow this looks like an interesting option. I am still a sucker for the more conservatively styled options, I am curious what the new Audi Q4 eTron is going cost as I wouldn't mind that one as an option for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    It's just better, more efficient power delivery... even "early" in the technology. Once all the big names are deep in it, the competing (and collaborative) r&d in such tech should be able to make it noticably better rather quickly. All this talk of such limited range won't even be a thing in a decade.
    I agree with you on this, which selfishly makes me wonder about my future as much of my career has been spent in the O&G industry.

My Ride
    M3P

Car looks great - tech, styling, power all great numbers. However a speculative price just shy of 100k for the GT for a Kia? That’s a tough sell regardless of how well made it is. IMO. That’s an uphill battle for them even if Raj2 has a deposit on it lol

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    If you are a car enthusiast it won't be a change in a good way. EVs will turn cars into a ubiquitous, but entirely background technology.

The distinction between premium cars and non premium cars will get compressed. The differences between cars will be the coach building on top of largely identical electric skateboards.

When EVs eliminate drivetrain as a distinguishing feature we'll all have a grand old time comparing steering wheel shapes and paint colors.

We won't be having any interesting discussions about cars.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

If you are a car enthusiast it won't be a change in a good way. EVs will turn cars into a ubiquitous, but entirely background technology.

The distinction between premium cars and non premium cars will get compressed. The differences between cars will be the coach building on top of largely identical electric skateboards.

When EVs eliminate drivetrain as a distinguishing feature we'll all have a grand old time comparing steering wheel shapes and paint colors.

Your most likely right, so what's going to be the last greatest gas powered car?? we are in the last 10-20 years of gas powered.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Honda Fit.

Obviously
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I agree to a degree, at least until we hit our energy storage breakthrough. The whole problem with why were stuck with the skateboard is because batteries and it’s the only way to effectively hide the weight.

That said there are still a lot of interesting things outside the powertrain. There are massive differences between how Tesla and Porsche implemented suspension setups to manage the weight effectively.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I love the Taycan, but ya, I’m in a different league than Jordan. Only thing we have in common is justifying the silly cost for a little bit faster. 130k is basically my limit on cars so the Taycan just became too rich for my blood. As much as my kids love the farting Tesla, I can not stand the interior. While I have no idea how the EV6 interior is going to look, I spent a bunch of time in the stinger and Telluride to get a sense of what the baseline looks like, and aside from some shoddy leather/stitching work on the telluride, the non leather interior looks pretty good. It’s no Lexus in attention to detail, or great use of plastics like on the base MBs, I’d say it’s comparable to VW or even base Audi.

As for charging, I’ve been looking at our usual BC routes for years now, all the way back when even Tesla’s can barely do our routes in winter. Charging speed still kinda sucks, only 200kw speeds between Canmore and Kamloops. Probably be better by the time the ev6 arrives at the rate it’s been improving. For us, there’s chargers that’ll get us everywhere we usually go on long trips, been solid for a year already.
    Actually pretty aggressive deals on the 2020 4S. My Porsche contact said they didn't sell well at all so they were trying to aggressively move inventory. I came close but knowing me and knowing how much I love the roar of a big engine, I decided to go the GTS route. Hell, the GTS sounds sick as it is and I am already exploring options to make it out louder lol.

Like I said, I can see the value in EV's and of course the Taycan is super nice - but I feel if you are a true motorsports enthusiast, they will never replace a true sports car with 8, 10 or 12 cylinder options. Now if they just stop getting produced all together and all we are left with are EV's and Hybrid's, well then I guess we're fucked. Yes the speed appeals to me but only to an extent. All you get is speed with an EV but actual personality and the joy of driving is just not the same - at least for me.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-17-2021 at 06:02 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Like I said, I can see the value in EV's and of course the Taycan is super nice - but I feel if you are a true motorsports enthusiast, they will never replace a true sports car with 8, 10 or 12 cylinder options. Now if they just stop getting produce all together and all we are left are EV's and Hybrid's, well then I guess we're fucked. Yes the speed appeals to me but only to an extent. All you get is speed with an EV but actual personality and the joy of driving is just not the same - at least for me.
    Why 8 cylinders? Go back far enough, and sports cars aren’t sports cars without a v12. End of the day, it’s all arbitrary. Back then my cars weren’t sports cars because they had an auto transmission. Today, manual barely exists outside a couple niche cars.

Not defending the Kia, no clue how it’ll drive. Maybe it’ll be boring and digital once I drive it, like the GTR, bored quickly. To blindly paint a whole segment has always been funny, especially when there are cars in the segment that shines against its established peers. After 20 years of sporadically making oddball car choices, funny to see nothings changed with opinions haha. People just don’t like to embrace change.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

It's a good looking car for sure. $80k good looking? i dunno... Maybe when you factor in fuel savings it is worth it, but yikes, that's an expensive Kia!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Why 8 cylinders? Go back far enough, and sports cars aren’t sports cars without a v12. End of the day, it’s all arbitrary. Back then my cars weren’t sports cars because they had an auto transmission. Today, manual barely exists outside a couple niche cars.

Not defending the Kia, no clue how it’ll drive. Maybe it’ll be boring and digital once I drive it, like the GTR, bored quickly. To blindly paint a whole segment has always been funny, especially when there are cars in the segment that shines against its established peers. After 20 years of sporadically making oddball car choices, funny to see nothings changed with opinions haha. People just don’t like to embrace change.
    12 cylinders is better than 8 cylinders is better than 6 cylinders.

Is certainly better than zero cylinders.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think displacement is more important than cylinders. I miss my 460.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Also

Kia announced today that it has obtained more than 33,000 prospects (including 7,300 reservations) across Europe, which account for 300% of the EV6 2021 European business plan.
    https://insideevs.com/news/505278/ki...spects-europe/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-13-2021 at 03:35 PM.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I might be in the minority here, but I hate the trend of these sloped trunks. Defeats the purpose of being an SUV and becomes basically a raised up sedan.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes, sedans became SUVs because of practicality, but those have those stupid sloped rears, which are impractical.

We are back to the liftback future.
    Name:  sVtFLwC.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  121.0 KB
    Name:  8a53ef7820a4f203863308cf40ce73e8.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  92.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast